Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
I think the lack of sex worked well and was needed

Season 1 was all about a young girl coming out into the world, discovering herself and her sexuality while being unprepared. Then when she does marry sex is still a big feature of her marriage with her husband not wanting kids and doing what he can to avoid it. The theme of the whole season and her story was about sex.

Season 2, Anthony has already shown to have had sex numerous times, he is a rake. So he had the opposite, learning about love, relationships and losing the burden he inherited/felt on the death of his dad. His was a slow burn, he had to learn what trueove and desire was, and it felt more real for it. And the same for Kate, both coming from similar backgrounds of responsibility and having suppressed any notions of true love.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Mark81

VIP Member
I feel like the only one who wasn't fussed about duke of Hastings. Yeah he was good looking but that and his eye brow acting was all he was bring to the table. I think Jonathan Bailey as Anthony is far better actor (and better looking from my pov)

• Heart
Reactions: 30

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I finished it last night, the first thing I noticed is Daphne's mum is tracy beaker's mum hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 24

nrs264

VIP Member
I loved it, pure escapism. Its not historically accurate at all in many ways, its a modern story set in the past. Nothing wrong with that, you have to take it for what it is.

As a guy that scene has been blown up out of proportion. It was consensual sex and he could have easily pushed her off him and pulled out if he really wanted, she didn't drug him or get him drunk (like she does in the book), she doesn't physically restrain him. The minute positions were reversed her gave up power and he could have done something then. He had lied to her (as a young innocent girl) and she was doing what she could to know and understand the truth. It was a toxic situation all round.

Also, while not quite the same women lie to men all the time to get pregnant, using a man as a sperm donor is a story as old as time.

Reactions: 23

londongirl2001

VIP Member
In season 1 I loved Pen and Eloise, but both annoyed me in this one. Pen did nothing but get people to compliment Wisthledown‘s writing, lie to Eloise and be embarrassing every time she talked to Colin (who‘s an utter bore in every scene).
Eloise had no problem embarrassing her family at every ball, so her speech at the end to Pen felt over the top. Girl, the only reason you’re not ruined is because your friend didn’t point out your behavior in her little gossip mag (until she had to)!
I hope Benedict is next, and I think they should let him explore his bisexuality before he settles down. No I don’t care that it would be scandalous blahblah, not in the books blahblah, too woke blahblah :D that actor knows what he’s doing and I think they should let him.
Absolutely ADORED Anthony and Kate, wish we had more scenes with them, there was way too much Featherington nonsense. Since both actors return next season, I hope they get as much screen time as other supporting characters this season. Jonathan Bailey is a genius and I hope he gets as much award recognition as Rege-Jean Page did. He’s absolutely the better actor imho (and I say that as someone who actually enjoyed Simon and Daphne in season 1).

Reactions: 23

ComeForTheX StayForTheY

"This is my wife..."

"Oh hello random woman I had a threesome with the other day ...while your husband was boning another dude in the library"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Love this season, Jonathan Bailey killed it! honestly we need more diverese shows like this, it is amazing to see so much diversity on screen. I don't get how hollywood can even think that an openly gay actor can not play a straight love interest. that's the whole point of it: acting.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

pettyicequeen

Love this season, Jonathan Bailey killed it! honestly we need more diverese shows like this, it is amazing to see so much diversity on screen. I don't get how hollywood can even think that an openly gay actor can not play a straight love interest. that's the whole point of it: acting.
I feel him being gay actually is a crucial reason why he was so good in this role: a gay man playing a male character written by a woman - he just intuitively understood the "female gaze" of the romance genre and wasn't afraid to show Anthony completely at the mercy of his desires, a "simp" basically. I mean just compare the Duke's "I burn for you" line, which I found quite cringe in its delivery, with how Jonathan Bailey whisper-shouts his lines into Kate's ear, with all that pent-up sexual frustration... Ah, it's just so good! He really just nailed it!

I loved the actress who played Edwina, I kind of wish they had given her better material. As I understand it, her character isn't really in love with Anthony in the books, and that would have worked so much better than the forced love triangle.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Lollypad

VIP Member
I loved it. The music mixes of pop songs to strings are AMAZING - on Spotify as well if anyone else loved them.
the Duke 🤤
The main relationship was toxic AF but I still rooted for it. Ah well. Sad there were so few episodes, more please!

Reactions: 20

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
My boyfriend gets great enjoyment from pointing out to me that Jonathan Bailey is gay. Like that’s the only reason I could never pull him 😂😂 let a girl dream, babe.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

pettyicequeen

I'm glad I didn't read the books because I really loved S2, more so than S1, mostly because I find Daphne a bit boring (liked her much better in this season!). The chemistry between the leads was exquisite, though I honestly didn't care much about the other sub plots. Especially Eloise and Penelope really got on my nerves towards the end.

• Heart

Gingercream

VIP Member
Jonathan Bailey is a genius and I hope he gets as much award recognition as Rege-Jean Page did. He’s absolutely the better actor imho (and I say that as someone who actually enjoyed Simon and Daphne in season 1).
He really blew me away, not only is he gorgeous but his acting was phenomenal. He seems like a really lovely guy too.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I loved this season BUT I wish they had squeezed the Kate / Anthony storyline into fewer episodes … I felt Iike the last couple of episodes essentially were the same storyline in different locations.

Also I wanted more bonking. But maybe that’s just me.

• Haha

Mufasa

Chatty Member
I found Edwina’s character completely desperate and insufferable 😫 I don’t know if that’s how we were meant to feel but gosh I hated every scene she opened her mouth

Offish

VIP Member
Anthony > The Duke

I much preferred this season to last, the constant shagging got a bit (lot!) repetitive, I prefer a slow burn personally. I’d have felt really sorry for Edwina were she not so completely insufferable, sheirritated me so much!

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I can’t unsee Sally Webster in the main character 😫 ruined it for myself IMDbing the cast.

I think the sex scenes go on a bit - we get it, you’re shagging. 😂 The Duke and Duchess storyline is the least interesting for me, I’m much more interested in the Featherington sisters and other Bridgerton brothers.

Im intrigued by the shocking scene now though.. that must be coming up in my next ep 🤔

• Heart