Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake, lowkey reminding me why I dislike YA books though they can be a good read at times
I really hate a specific character and she seems to be being set up to 'win' the entire thing. It's infuriating and honestly lowkey a very disappointing ending if it happens

It also feels like any character development has been lost purely to allow the author to set up the final book

Reactions: 2
The mermaid singing…. Did nothing rate at all! Glad I only paid £1 for it

I finished The girls are all so nice here last night. I enjoyed it but the chapters are alternate set in the past and set in present day. I feel like I enjoyed the past chapters better. Just more engaging and interesting.

I do feel the ending was a bit of a let down for my tastes but not terrible. I got it for 99p on kindle and was worth that in my opinion. It was a first adult novel for the author.

I've been a bit of a lurker but thought I'd say hello and join if that's okay!
Just about to start a new book from one of these (any recommendations for which to start on gratefully received...)
Nine perfect strangers
The lock in
The book of two ways

I read a lot of different genres but tend towards supermarket shelf picks/fantasy/young adult, but some recent reads I enjoyed-
My dark Vanessa
Erringby
Malibu Rising
People like her

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I went for welcome to cooper! They weren’t at all for me this month, first month I’ve felt a bit let down by them all tbf

Reactions: 7
I have probably at least a years worth of First Read books I haven’t read yet 😂 My kindle is jam packed thanks to 99p deals and NetGalley

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I went for welcome to cooper! They weren’t at all for me this month, first month I’ve felt a bit let down by them all tbf
I’m the same! I’ve had a quick look and not one draws me in. Shall have a proper look later.

Reactions: 4
I completely forgot about it being 1st September!!
None of the books stand out for me this month. It will be Welcome to Cooper or Good as dead. I'll have a think and will let you all know.

The new Amazon short reads sound really good though. I will download them

Amazon product

Reactions: 3
Just about to start a new book from one of these (any recommendations for which to start on gratefully received...)
Nine perfect strangers
The lock in
The book of two ways

I read a lot of different genres but tend towards supermarket shelf picks/fantasy/young adult, but some recent reads I enjoyed-
My dark Vanessa
Erringby
Malibu Rising
People like her
I really didn’t like Nine Perfect Strangers!

I really didn’t like Nine Perfect Strangers!
I liked the start of it but then it just got weirder and weirder and by the end I just the author had lost the plot!

I've read both Magpie Murders and the sequel Moonflower Murders this month. I enjoyed them and you kind of get two books in one. They are very long though!
Just started Moonflower Murders today - loving it so far!

Finished We begin at the End by Chris Whitaker, really enjoyed it
This has been on my TBR pile for ages and I’ve only heard rave reviews about it. Hope I enjoy it and it doesn’t suffer from being over hyped 😬

I liked the start of it but then it just got weirder and weirder and by the end I just the author had lost the plot!
I didn’t mind it and thought it was a quick read but agree it did go a bit weird. Still interested to see what the Amazon show is like

The first picks are a little thriller heavy for my liking, but I decided to go for Under Colour of the Law, which seems interesting. I picked up Dune and I'm not very far in but really enjoying it so far! The movie trailer looks absolutely amazing, and I want to be done reading by the time it's out!

Reactions: 1

You are exactly right!
I didn’t mind it and thought it was a quick read but agree it did go a bit weird. Still interested to see what the Amazon show is like

I mostly want to read it before I watch the TV series but I won't hold out much hope then, seems unanimous!

Nine perfect strangers
The lock in
The book of two ways

My dark Vanessa
Erringby
Malibu Rising
People like her
People Like Her! It's fab
I am in minority I liked 9 Perfect Strangers
I just finished a 99p one The Book Club by C J Cooper - loved it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.