Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@CatCafe234 Interestingly End of Men was written in 2019! So it's a pre-pandemic written novel that eerily was released in March or April of 2020 (iirc). I'm halfway through it at the moment. Still really enjoying it but it was stressing me out so took a break 😅

Reactions: 2
@CatCafe234 Interestingly End of Men was written in 2019! So it's a pre-pandemic written novel that eerily was released in March or April of 2020 (iirc). I'm halfway through it at the moment. Still really enjoying it but it was stressing me out so took a break 😅
I thoroughly enjoyed End of Men! It’s one of my favourites from this year I think.

Reactions: 3
I bought End of Men on a 99p deal. I havent read it yet. Might read it next. Its set in Glasgow isnt it? Which always makes me more likely to read it as I can recognise the places.

Im about 70% through Greenwich Park and loving it. I cant tell at all where its going to go, there are quite a few possibilities but I cant tell at all what will happen. I have so much to do but Im definitely going to sit and finish this first.

Edit - it has mixed reviews on amazon / good reads so I didnt know what to expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@Caffeine Fiend It's partly set in Glasgow but each chapter is written from different characters' perspectives across the UK and the world too. But it was unsettling reading about a hospital I've been to myself (Gartnavel).

Not the best book I've read but I did manage to read it in two days which is super fast for me these days!

THIS IS SO SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!
99p on kindle
DO IT!!!!!!!!!
CLICK CLICK!!!! PURCHASE 🤣😂
It’s so good!

Amazon product
Oh god I really need to stop coming onto this thread! I also need to completely shut myself off from the world so I can read lots of books!

Bought it 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Finished 56 Days loved it. I have bought Stolen and started Whisper Island by Carrisa Linch so far so good. I have noticed a trend of a group of friends in peril, have bought a few books lately with that theme.

Reactions: 5
Have bought it! Had to input my new card details to Amazon. The effort.
Oh god I really need to stop coming onto this thread! I also need to completely shut myself off from the world so I can read lots of books!

Bought it 😐
I love this thread 😂 its 99p I don’t mind giving a 99p recommendation 😂

but I’m also now hoping you both enjoy it 😂

• Heart
I love this thread 😂 its 99p I don’t mind giving a 99p recommendation 😂

but I’m also now hoping you both enjoy it 😂
You’re right, this thread is my favourite. My grievance is with the things that stop me dedicating more time to reading 😂

Can anyone suggest a quicker way to checking kindle book prices? I have several books in my Amazon basket. Each day I check through them one by one to see if the kindle price has decreased. But I have to click on the book, change it to kindle format and then check the price. There’s got to be a quicker way?!

• Haha
Can anyone suggest a quicker way to checking kindle book prices? I have several books in my Amazon basket. Each day I check through them one by one to see if the kindle price has decreased. But I have to click on the book, change it to kindle format and then check the price. There’s got to be a quicker way?!
this makes me feel so much better about my life choices 😂
I now also include my library list of books that aren’t available until September 2023 to see if they go to “borrow” by mistake 😂 which happens more than I realised.

I need an assistant just to keep an eye on book pricing and new releases 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
You’re right, this thread is my favourite. My grievance is with the things that stop me dedicating more time to reading 😂

Put the books in your wish list on kindle format and check it periodically from low to high price. If you have kindle app on phone it will tell you when a price goes down
Also 1st day of month loads of books go to 99p for a few days I live for that day!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Put the books in your wish list on kindle format and check it periodically from low to high price. If you have kindle app on phone it will tell you when a price goes down
Also 1st day of month loads of books go to 99p for a few days I live for that day!
I don’t want to sound dramatic but this is life changing for me. Thank you so much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello all.

I have been gone for ages, been in hospital since early July. The positive is I am bed bound and have tons of time for reading. I have read 41 books since I have been here, a book a day a lot of the time - thank goodness for the Kindle. It is funny, I always thought I hated the Kindle and I will always prefer an actual paper book but it had been an absolute Godsend the last couple of months.

I've been ploughing through Kindle Unlimited mostly. Found an author Carol Wyer who has a few detective series, they aren't award winning fiction but I have been enjoying them for an easy to read "who done it" and not once have I guessed the culprit correctly.

I have of course just read 15 pages to catch up here and downloaded everything that was recommended.

The best book I have read is The Boy Who Saw In Colours by Lauren Robinson. It is about the Holocaust so it isn't an easy book but it took my breath away, it is a clever, strong story. Josef will stay with me forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Finished Greenwich Park. Solid 4 outta 5 for me. Ending was a bit far fetched but overall I enjoyed it and a good debut novel.

Started Stolen 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.