Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just finished the holiday. I didn’t rate it but it was free on prime. Probably 2/5, bit of a mishmash and unrealistic IMO

Reactions: 2
A few books that have been popular but I could not get into...
The Vanishing Half.
Where The Crawdads Sing.

I have tried to read both a few times... I got a bit further with Crawdads but it is just so boring. I don't understand why people rave about it.

Reactions: 4
A few books that have been popular but I could not get into...
The Vanishing Half.
Where The Crawdads Sing.

I have tried to read both a few times... I got a bit further with Crawdads but it is just so boring. I don't understand why people rave about it.
Yeah I agree! Far too over hyped

I’m right in the middle of “The Family Across The Street”, it’s not what I expected, but is quite good.

Reactions: 1
I finished The Last House on Needless Street last night.

I think it’s one of those books that you either get or you don’t. Unfortunately I don’t. I flew through the first two thirds but then it just became quite confusing. There are a few elements in it that I still don’t understand 😐

Reactions: 3
I finished The Last House on Needless Street last night.

I think it’s one of those books that you either get or you don’t. Unfortunately I don’t. I flew through the first two thirds but then it just became quite confusing. There are a few elements in it that I still don’t understand 😐
Ah that’s a shame - I enjoyed it (but bizarrely despite it only being a week since I’ve read it, I can’t really remember much about it).

Did you get confused when you found out the cat was part of the girl? Because I know that’s where it lost me a little but I just made myself believe I understood it and ploughed on.

I’m back. *small cheer from one - myself* 😂

I’m over half way through Santa Montefiore’s the distant shores and I’m LOVING it.
Also read Lisa Jewell’s the night she disappeared and listened to queenie and 56 days from Catherine Ryan Howard in the last 3 days. 😂

I’m not a big fan of Lisa Jewell, I know she’s very popular with so many, I liked it, it’s not as bad as some of her last ones (the family upstairs 🤐) but I just can’t gel with her writing anymore 😣

hope everyone is doing ok 🥰

Reactions: 9

I’m over half way through Santa Montefiore’s the distant shores and I’m LOVING it.
Also read Lisa Jewell’s the night she disappeared and listened to queenie and 56 days from Catherine Ryan Howard in the last 3 days. 😂

I’m not a big fan of Lisa Jewell, I know she’s very popular with so many, I liked it, it’s not as bad as some of her last ones (the family upstairs 🤐) but I just can’t gel with her writing anymore 😣

Agree about Lisa Jewell. Used to always buy her books but found her move into a different genre of more thriller/crime writing didn't work for me. Having said that, I picked up Invisible Girl in Asda recently and read it in a few days and it was very good.

I’m approximately 70% through Billy Summers. It took me until about 30% to be fully invested but it’s sooo good. I can’t believe I hadn’t read a Stephen King book before. I’m going to have to buy his entire back catalogue now 😬😂

• Heart
I’m approximately 70% through Billy Summers. It took me until about 30% to be fully invested but it’s sooo good. I can’t believe I hadn’t read a Stephen King book before. I’m going to have to buy his entire back catalogue now 😬😂
I find Stephen King to be a slow burner...his books always take forever for me to get into.

Ah that’s a shame - I enjoyed it (but bizarrely despite it only being a week since I’ve read it, I can’t really remember much about it).

Did you get confused when you found out the cat was part of the girl? Because I know that’s where it lost me a little but I just made myself believe I understood it and ploughed on.
Spoiler response…

Parts of that were confusing, although I understood what was happening. It just seemed to ramble on a bit and it was hard to keep track of who did what. For instance, I’m still not sure what happened to Lauren?! I think Ted’s mum took her. Then did she bury her body? It was suggested that Ted and Lauren were also in one body I think?

I've just finished In 5 years by Rebecca Serle. Different genre for me but really enjoyed it. I managed to get into it very easily which always makes a difference. Made me have a little cry but so worth it. 5 stars

• Heart

Was 56 days good? Would you recommend it?

Currently reading The Last Day by Andrew Hunter Murray. I'm enjoying this so much that I actually left work late as I couldn't put it down.

Currently reading The Last Day by Andrew Hunter Murray. I'm enjoying this so much that I actually left work late as I couldn't put it down.
He’s the guy off the QI podcast isn’t he? I quite fancied reading his book and don’t think it’s on my list. Thanks for the reminder.

Not the commenter but I LOVED it. Really well written and I couldn’t put it down! I paid full price on kindle which I never do too (2 days later it was 99p!)
Thank you! It’s been in my Amazon basket for days now but I just hadn’t took the plunge and bought it but will do now!

I read birdbox earlier this year and I think someone else was waiting for the sequel to reduce in price. Malorie is 99p on the kindle store for anyone interested.

I've just brought Malorie and Killing Adam for a train journey tomorrow at 99p each.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.