Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Just started the Echo Chamber by John Boyne its very funny the author was recommended to me so I got the book out of the library rather than paying for it.

Reactions: 1

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
I just saw that this book is on Kindle 99p. I think every woman should read it. It is devastating, frustrating and all our healthcare experiences rolled into one.

Unwell Women, A Journey Through Medicine and Myth in a Man-Made World

Amazon product
Oh thank you so much for sharing, this looks right up my street!

I've added Rebel Bodies by Sarah Graham to my list as well which is along the same lines, but I can't justify buying it yet 😅

Just here to say

Chatty Member
I'm listening to XOXO by Axie Oh on Borrowbox 😊 I love the cover photo 🥰 and it's good so far!!

A teenage romance, cellist and singer (I think?). The girl is trying to understand how to really feel the music, how do people discover their talent and make music with emotions rather than 100% perfection. Interesting topic!

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
I know there are a few fans of John Marrs on here - I finished The Marriage Act last night and really enjoyed it. It’s not a direct sequel to The Passengers (my second favourite of his, second to What Lies Between Us) but it does reference the driverless cars and the terrorist attacks on them. I’d definitely recommend it, 4/5 stars for me.
Ooh brill, I might make that my next read then

Carapop

VIP Member
aw i loved this book! the moment where you realise what’s actually going on (though you know something isn’t quite “right” for the first half) absolutely broke my heart. i need to reread it!
Agreed on all counts!

• Heart

tam

Chatty Member
I've bought myself a reading journal to log books read, reviews etc. Does anyone else do this? I thought it would be quite fun to look back on at the end of the year ☺
I do this. Its a nice way to see what books you have read.
I also use storygraph.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I finished Young Mungo today. Can see it being one of my favourites of the year. I think I preferred it to Shuggie Bain. Easy 5 stars

also very glad I decided to listen to the audiobook, the narrator was great and the writing was so beautiful it honestly felt like someone was reading poetry to me at points. Very excited to see what Douglas Stuart does next
I loved it on audible too. Narrator was so good.

123lee

I’ve just started The Measure by Nikki Erlick on my kindle - this is so good so far!

I do tend to binge a series but I have to wait for the books from the library so normally end up with a few in between

Marylou

VIP Member
Does anyone read Ann Cleeves books? If yes, do you recommend as I have been gifted a few.

Read Sheila O Flanagan's He's Got to Go yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Haven't read an Irish author in ages and used to devour them when I was younger.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I hope you enjoy it 😊 I feel like I wasn't super eager to listen but also listening wasnt a chore. It was like a nice warm hug.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Sorry to jump in. I have a page Turner. It doesn't connect to the kindle via Bluetooth although I think you have to have Bluetooth on for it to work. They just connect to each other via Bluetooth (the clicker and the bit that attaches to the kindle) make sure the little metal dots are on your screen and just click, it should work.
No that's helpful! I bought a remote that in theory connects to the kindle bluetooth and turns the pages (without the bit attached to the kindle) after seeing a reel on IG....but the kindle won't connect to it. Ah well. I think I shall try the version you mention with the bit attached to the kindle. Thank you :)

strawb

VIP Member
Ohhh I need to reread crime and punishment at some point and also other Dostoyevsky's books. It's probably been like 15 years since I've read them 😅
ohh it's the most incredible book! :love:

as well as anna karenina!

SaintLeo

VIP Member
aw i loved this book! the moment where you realise what’s actually going on (though you know something isn’t quite “right” for the first half) absolutely broke my heart. i need to reread it!
I was the complete opposite! I hated the twist. Was totally invested until the reveal and then felt it was all a complete waste.

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
I finished Young Mungo today. Can see it being one of my favourites of the year. I think I preferred it to Shuggie Bain. Easy 5 stars

also very glad I decided to listen to the audiobook, the narrator was great and the writing was so beautiful it honestly felt like someone was reading poetry to me at points. Very excited to see what Douglas Stuart does next
I did YM via audiobook too and so glad I did, I'm going to go back and listen to the audiobook of Shuggie in a few months I think as it's narrated by the same guy.

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
I’ve finally done it and ordered a new Kindle! 🤩Mine is having serious battery issues so I have traded it in. Amazon do a good scheme where you get a trade in gift card plus 20% off a new Kindle.
I have a lot of trips coming up and a kindle with a dodgy battery would be very upsetting. So excited to play with it, how sad am I 😆
I've just done this. Need to print my label and get my old one sent. I have a feeling I might only get a fiver 😭 but the 20% off will do

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I've only read two of the women's longlist but I disliked them both.

Might look into Trespasses...

HoGi

VIP Member
I recommend getting a sleeve rather than a cover for anyone whos looking to buy on a budget!
I had a sleeve with my old kindle with the buttons and I loved it.

I must admit if I take my paper white out of the case for any reason I am always shocked by how light and thin it is! The official case is lush and the auto wake/sleep is fab but it does make it chunkier and heavier