Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

123lee

I finished Liar by KL Slater today, I enjoyed it to begin with but the characters were soooo unlikeable I only rated it 2.5* in the end. Anyone who’s familiar with her, are there any others you’d recommend? I know a few are included with Audible
I really enjoyed The Marriage and also Closer was good too!

Reactions: 1

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Question: do you keep a "book journal" or a book where you write favourite quotes?

I don't but I'm thinking of starting. I want to get rid of a few books from my collection and one of them has some amazing quotes (Other voices, other rooms by Capote). How would you deal with this situation? If a book was 2 stars but had some incredible passages? 🤔
I just have a file on my phone where I write my favourite quotes, not just book quotes but anything that draws my attention. I've been keeping it for at least six years.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Finished before the coffee gets cold.

I liked it and the concept was interesting, it made me think what I would go back for and for who. A short book but would definitely recommend if you’re in a slump.

Has anyone read the 2nd/3rd books? They seem to have a mixed review.
I think I enjoyed the second just as much as the first but the third didn't have the same emotional effect for me personally! Maybe because there was around a year between reading the second and third so my memory of the characters was hazy. 😊

• Heart

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
I love it when people suggest books on here and I go to Amazon to see if they are, by any small chance, 0.99p, and I find that I already own them. Yes, saves me spending more 0.99ps on books to add to my ever growing TBR list 😵💫
Omg this is amazing! It’s like Christmas 😂

Also, seperate note, how does one secure a cheaper KU deal?! 😂 so many books I want to read are on KU atm lol

Tigercat55

Chatty Member
Quick question though for people who have read The Alperton Angels…

Who was “The Mad Squaddie” and did he kill Amanda and Oliver?! Have I missed something?

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
I just finished book 5 of the mindfk series. Took me a while as I went away for work for a week but also because book 5 was a tiny bit of a let down. I did not enjoy it as much as the first 4 so I only gave it 3 stars, overall the series gets a 4. Perfect timing though as I’m off to now read the Housemaid sequel!

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Has anyone read any of these? What did you think??

Someone posted this free to go on Facebook and I'm getting them tomorrow.
View attachment 1974121
I’ve read the two Matt Haig’s - although now I think about it, I’m not sure I actually finished The Dead Father’s Club. I always enjoy Matt Haig’s stuff but I don’t think Mr Cave was one of my favourites - I certainly can’t remember anything about it.

Ceebee

Has anyone ever read anything by Amanda Prowse? She always pops up on my Amazon recommendations but I'm not sure if her work is up my street 🤔

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
I am a disgrace however these were nearly all on my wishlist.

Books which I have read and would really recommend on the 99p deals...

Britt Marie Was Here - Fredrik Backman (read my grandmother asked me to tell you shes sorry first imo)
Dirt Town - Hayley Scrivenor (a good mystery book)
Fleishman Is In Trouble - Taffy Brodesser -Akner
Daisy Jones - Taylor Jenkins Reid

Dominicana by Angie Cruz is 99p. I have it already but it looks good.
Dominicana and Motherwell are on my wishlist. I thought the reviews for Motherwell on Amazon were quite mixed, not always leaning towards positive ones.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I read Look Both Ways by Linwood Barclay which is about driverless cars, it wasn’t really for me. Has anyone read it and John Marrs The Passengers. Are they quite different storylines or did LB rip off JM?

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
@PiesAndLattes Thanks, it looks much more up my street than I thought!
Excellent! Glad I could help :)

Has any one had any issues with the Kindle insights? I had a reading streak and it didn’t record Feb 14 and 15 and said the last data had been received 13 Feb, it’s now updated to 16 Feb and is back to 1 day :( I wonder why it didn’t capture 14/15 Feb and if there is anything I can do about it?

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
Mr Caffeine would never watch it either 🤣🤣 its absolute trash but was so easy to watch 😁

He only watches Star Wars and Star Wars related stuff and big hitters like GOT/The Last Of Us. Not a thing we watch together 🙈 he watches, I read.
Are we the same person lol my husband is the EXACT same!