Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished Carrie Soto today - not the best TJR I've read but i still enjoyed it. An easy read, but very tennis-y.

Ive a lot on my plate at the mo, and while i'd love to be able to get stuck into an epic page turner, my head just not able. Its easy reads all tge way for me for a while!

Reactions: 8
I am currently reading Small Pleasures by Clare Chambers. Enjoying it a lot !! Just purchased 2 more books by Jane Harper as The Dry and Ther Survivors I found excellent and thought I’d treat myself to new kindle books ! (I’m supposed to be sticking to Prime reading or KU but hey ho!!).

Reactions: 9
Just popping myself in here! Had a baby 15 months ago, the last 2 months I’ve finally had brain space / some actual time to read again! 😬

My last two reads were All My Mothers by Joanna Glen and Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell (found this a bit disappointing).

Currently reading The Road Trip by Beth O’Leary as I enjoyed The Flat Share and needed a bit of a lighter one this time. So far so enjoyable 👍🏻

Reactions: 13
Just popping myself in here! Had a baby 15 months ago, the last 2 months I’ve finally had brain space / some actual time to read again! 😬

My last two reads were All My Mothers by Joanna Glen and Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell (found this a bit disappointing).

Currently reading The Road Trip by Beth O’Leary as I enjoyed The Flat Share and needed a bit of a lighter one this time. So far so enjoyable 👍🏻
I will try The Road Trip 👍 . I enjoyed Sisters BehavingBafly but unfortunately had to return The Flatshare to audible unfinished

Reactions: 2
Still going with Maybe In Another Life by TJR. Wearing hair in a high bun and being chaotic and messy is like 90% of the main characters personality. And "omg would you think bad of me if I ate TWO cinnamon buns even though I'm a girl" *eyes roll to back of head*

Still intrigued to what happens in the parallel timelines though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've almost finished The Cloisters and it's enjoyable enough but a bit slow/not a lot really happens. I feel like it needs fleshing out a bit. I like the fact it has all the tarot cards explained on the back pages though (I had a peek at them 🤭) I'm trying to decide what to read next now!

Reactions: 1
Still going with Maybe In Another Life by TJR. Wearing hair in a high bun and being chaotic and messy is like 90% of the main characters personality. And "omg would you think bad of me if I ate TWO cinnamon buns even though I'm a girl" *eyes roll to back of head*

Still intrigued to what happens in the parallel timelines though 😂
✍ adds to list of books to never read

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The last thread moved so fast! I'm currently reading Oh William! by Elizabeth Strout and this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't like it much. Everyone else seemed to love it but I'm finding it a bit meh. I'll wait until I've finished the book before saying more.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

16 months for me and very much in the same boat! I’m working my way through The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green. It’s really good, but being a collection of essays it’s not compelling the way a great novel would be. I’m craving a pure escapism page-turner, but can’t have more than one book on the go at once and won’t let myself start anything new until current book is finished, so *continues making rod for own back*

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wow the other thread moved fast! Didnt realise there was a new one.

Does anyone know if the waterstones points expire any point? I got a few gift cards and i don’t want to buy books just for the sake of buying.

I usually read on my kindle and spend giftcards on books i know i’d really enjoy or have read and want to have a physical copy

Does anyone know if the waterstones points expire any point? I got a few gift cards and i don’t want to buy books just for the sake of buying.
I think they last for 12 months. Will need to check that, though.

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of "The Book Eaters". Has anyone read it?

I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series for the first time since I was like 14 and I'm halfway through Deathly Hallows and oh my God. I forgot it was this good.
At this point in the series you're so attached to Harry as a character and everyone else that you're completely invested and absorbed by what's happening. There's a very real risk that once I finish this I immediately start reading it again.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Question: do you keep a "book journal" or a book where you write favourite quotes?

I don't but I'm thinking of starting. I want to get rid of a few books from my collection and one of them has some amazing quotes (Other voices, other rooms by Capote). How would you deal with this situation? If a book was 2 stars but had some incredible passages? 🤔

Just finished When You Disappeared by John Marrs. I really enjoy his writing style and love that each book feels completely different. WYD is a good twisty thriller that keeps you guessing but it lost a star for me as there were just too many twists and it felt so long. A solid 4/5 for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just finished When You Disappeared by John Marrs. I really enjoy his writing style and love that each book feels completely different. WYD is a good twisty thriller that keeps you guessing but it lost a star for me as there were just too many twists and it felt so long. A solid 4/5 for me.
I really like John Marrs and have rated all that I’ve read of his, 4/5 stars. One of my favourite books of all time is The Passengers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.