Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Has anyone read Cecelia Ahern books? I’ve heard of her but never read any of her work. Got an advance copy of In a Thousand Different Ways and I’m really enjoying it so far!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
My favourite audios have been non fiction however Shuggie Bain and Young Mungo are very good on audio.

If you are ok with non fict I can recommend some.

OH.FFS

VIP Member
Guys I've just got the Audible 30 day free trail and 2 credits, what books do recommend I listen too to get me going? I prefer to read books and i can imagine the setting better but willing to give anything a go asking reading so many good reviews on audiobooks!
There’s one that’s included free about two boy twins and their mother. I loved it. It’s an audible original too. I’m can’t remember its name but I’ll look through what o listened to when I got it free and see if I can pinpoint it. I really enjoyed it so much that I listened to it a few times I just can’t remember it’s name.

it’s called, mum can you lend me twenty kid. Sadly, it’s no longer free to listen too.

Last edited:

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
I’ve just finished Vampires of Moscow, nice easy read, nothing too taxing. Now onto the sequel, Witches of Barcelona. Sexy vampires and witches, what’s not to love 😂

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Has anyone read Acts of Service?

I feel like Ive read quite a few similar books in the last few years but cant quite describe the genre? Im getting Luster vibes? But Im only a few chapters in

Vee6

VIP Member
I’m trying to remember a book I read years ago, I can’t remember what it was called and have tried to google what I can remember and got no where. On the off chance that someone here would know....

It was about a young woman, either English or Irish. She was engaged to a man who was killed in the war. She thought she would never love again. She saw an advert in a paper from a man in Australia who was looking for a wife. She ended up moving out there and they got married and started a family. Then years later she got her sister to go out there and marry her husbands brother. And her husband nearly died somehow and she realised she did love him like she had loved the first man.

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
I finished 'Then She Was Gone' by Lisa Jewell this week, wasn't bad, I saw where the plot was going well in advance but overall it was a nice easy read with a decent storyline. I'd give it 3/5

OH.FFS

VIP Member
Question: do you keep a "book journal" or a book where you write favourite quotes?

I don't but I'm thinking of starting. I want to get rid of a few books from my collection and one of them has some amazing quotes (Other voices, other rooms by Capote). How would you deal with this situation? If a book was 2 stars but had some incredible passages? 🤔
Lovely idea. I don’t, but I’d like to. Maybe a digital book for me.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Oooooh I might read Vladimir next.

oh no actually I have to read Britt Marie next

I’m halfway through My Grandmother Sends Her Regards And Apologises by Fredrik Backman. Only started it yesterday. It’s very sweet. His books are just such cosy reads. And @Caffeine Fiend advises it’s read before Britt Marie which I got in this months deals
I would say that of all the FB books Ive read, My Grandmother is my least favourite. However it is still good! I loved Britt Marie though. She was such a unique and quirky character 🥰

HoGi

VIP Member
think my main issue is that I didn’t really care about any of the characters. Not just that I didn’t like them but I really wasn’t invested in them either way so I wasn’t bothered about the relationships.

Also, even though we knew that at some point he was going to end up tied up with her watching them, when it did happen it seemed to escalate really quickly and it also seemed really out of character for an intelligent woman like that to drug and tie him up without much to explain as to why other than she had a bit of an obsessive crush on him - I just didn’t buy it.

To be fair I did skim read it cos I just wanted to get it finished so I might have missed something crucial!

I totally agree.

And then suddenly she is waking up in hospital?

I feel like there were whole chunks of story missing.