Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Carapop

VIP Member
I would say that of all the FB books Ive read, My Grandmother is my least favourite. However it is still good! I loved Britt Marie though. She was such a unique and quirky character 🥰
All the fairytale stuff is a little annoying and, whilst I know I should be looking at the morals behind the stories, I find myself skim reading them instead!

Tigercat55

Chatty Member
I think there’s a question by Ellie that suggests he may have had that involvement as the sniper at the end - there was no cctv, the princess wasn’t at school etc so it seemed orchestrated. I need to reread it again now but I gave it to my ex as I love pushing brilliant books on people 🤣
What did you think of it?
---
I have the day in Bath tomorrow - any recommendations for bookshops by any chance?
I thought that too but wanted to know who he actually was!

Libbylulu

VIP Member
What are the requirements for returning an audible book? I’ve returned a few that I’ve hardly started. How far through the book do they still accept returns?

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
A few pages back someone recommended a personalised notebook to keep track of what they've been reading, can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't find their post now. Or, alternatively, recommend what you use? I like the idea of a digital one but realistically I think if I keep a physical notebook on my bookshelf I will be much more likely to update it and use it :)

twilightgarden

VIP Member
@twilightgarden did you trade in a kindle when you got your paperwhite?

I sent mine last week. UPS shows me it was delivered Thursday but trade in account is still showing as not received.

I just want a new Kindle to add more books to that I might never read 🙂
Yes I did, I ordered the Paperwhite straight away and hoping my trade in arrives with them soon! It did say in an email that they’re experiencing delays processing trade ins so I wouldn’t worry yet.

lizziebrooks1235

Right, I know I’m chatting a lot about Cassandra Clare’s books but they’re just so damn confusing! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THEM?! I’m now seeing people online who say that The Infernal Devices series is better than The Mortal Instruments. I’m so confused 😅😅 where do I start with her books????? EDIT: I do have City of Bones, so I’m thinking I should just start there, BUT The Infernal Devices is a prequel series, so should they technically be read first?

OH.FFS

VIP Member
I loved Shuggie too. I listened on audio too and thought it was really well narrated.

One of my favourite books of 2021. Sadly for Shuggie I read Beartown in the same year 🙈
I started beartown but I just couldn’t get into it, I reread the first few chapter at least three times before I gave up. I felt it wasn’t for me yet. And now I’ve already got two reads for B. I’m passing it over to next year.

HoGi

VIP Member
Just finished Vladimir

Anyone else who bought it/borrowed from the library read it yet?

Pinkii

VIP Member
What are the requirements for returning an audible book? I’ve returned a few that I’ve hardly started. How far through the book do they still accept returns?
I returned one the other week and i was about 45 mins in.

I think you can return it at any point as long as its been purchased in the last year.

Interested though, how many have you returned? Because I thought you were only allowed to return 2 a year

atiekay7

Excellent! Glad I could help :)

Has any one had any issues with the Kindle insights? I had a reading streak and it didn’t record Feb 14 and 15 and said the last data had been received 13 Feb, it’s now updated to 16 Feb and is back to 1 day :( I wonder why it didn’t capture 14/15 Feb and if there is anything I can do about it?
I’ve had this happen to me and I will admit I did Google a fix as my streak was on day 300ish and I had read on that day and it didn’t count. You need to have the kindle app on your phone to be able to fix it though x