Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
I’ve had this happen to me and I will admit I did Google a fix as my streak was on day 300ish and I had read on that day and it didn’t count. You need to have the kindle app on your phone to be able to fix it though x
Ok awesome, I do have the app on my phone so I will see how I can fix it! I also did read on those two days (still stuck in the MindFk series haha) so I want my days counted! Thank you.

Reactions: 1

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
Here is the link to the Instagram account that posts the deals on 1st month: https://instagram.com/thestory.edit?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

After seeing her post I've now also purchased Snowflake by Louise O Neil and My Body by Emily Emily Ratajkowski.

I would HIGHLY recommend The Girls by Emma Cline.
I just checked these to see if we get the same deals in Australia but no dice haha. I’ll have to hunt around to see if we get some first of the month deals too :) the books seems like a good selection!

Never got round to downloading Daisy Jones and the Six but can imagine it’s far better than reading it.
I cheated and skim read it. Apart from the writing style I also didn’t like the story.
I could see what the author was trying to do but I couldn’t carw about any of the characters because of the way the book was written.
I do however think the tv show will be great

lizziebrooks1235

Late as always to the discussion, but I wouldn’t mind getting Daisy Jones & the Six out of the library to see if it’s worth the hype 🤓📚

SaintLeo

VIP Member
I was a bit disappointed in it. I don't really know what I was expecting but it wasn't that!
think my main issue is that I didn’t really care about any of the characters. Not just that I didn’t like them but I really wasn’t invested in them either way so I wasn’t bothered about the relationships.

Also, even though we knew that at some point he was going to end up tied up with her watching them, when it did happen it seemed to escalate really quickly and it also seemed really out of character for an intelligent woman like that to drug and tie him up without much to explain as to why other than she had a bit of an obsessive crush on him - I just didn’t buy it.

To be fair I did skim read it cos I just wanted to get it finished so I might have missed something crucial!

Ceebee

Has anyone ever read the Dublin Murder Squad series by Tana French? I want to love it but found it hard to get into the first book. I've DNF'd it twice!😐

OH.FFS

VIP Member
Just finished ‘The Trouble with Goats and Sheep’ and absolutely adored it. The summer of 1976 nostalgia through the eyes of two 9 year old friends.
Oooh I’ve got this, so I’ve added it to my ‘read soon’ list.

Ceebee

@ordinaryjelly I have The Sleeping and the Dead and The Long Call.
I'm 90% through The Sleeping and The Dead. Seen some reviews about readers being left with unanswered questions which makes me worry but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. As of right now, I'd recommend it

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I have had to abandon My Brilliant Friend. My new rule for reading, don’t persevere if by page 50 it is not working out. But it’s so popular. Did anybody else not enjoy it?
Not a fan either. Bought the first two books when they first came out and got so bored that I didn't finish the first one.

I do think my brain reacts very differently to translated books. For some reason they feel a bit off to me and I rarely enjoy them. So it could have been partly down to that in my case.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Finished ‘so lucky’ today. I really enjoyed it. 4.5/5.

I’m not doing very well with my A-Z challenge. I keep picking the same letter over. Will complete Betty this week too.

Below is my A-Z so far. 14 books read. Will be 15 by Friday. Yet, in the A-Z I’ve actually only read 11. Going to make a rule that I have to read a letter not done next. Might even go through alphabetically, except when it’s a book club reading that can double up in my A-Z.
I’ve got Shuggie Bain on my TBR pile, did you enjoy it?