Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Littlewoodlife

Littlewoodlife I think the posters comments on holidays and the house etc were about Blossomingbirds after complimenting you, compared to some other insta accounts. But I see how it could read different. I actually like that you are on here as a genuine poster rather than hiding under the radar

Well i’ve always been a big advocate of transparency so I suppose it would be a bit hypocritical of me to lurk under a false name. Better to just hear these things from the horse’s mouth, eh? 🙂 Thank you for clarifying anyway. I appreciate that!

Why would you have a baby when you’re supposed to be setting up a business??!?

LWL I didn’t mean to offend you but I do sense your heart isn’t in all the Insta / blogging stuff anymore. Hope you find your niche.
No offence taken at all. It’s genuinely interesting to read different opinions. And you have hit the nail on the head. Whilst I loved it at the beginning, it’s becoming a very saturated market now and gradually losing authenticity. I do believe there are genuine people with great talents in writing and photography who are doing genuine things, but sadly it’s overshadowed by the money generating business it has become. I’m not knocking making a living from it at all (that would be hugely hypocritical) but I can totally appreciate that the constant barrage of ads and unattainable lifestyles are exhausting to view. And with a daughter in her early teenage years, and two more children following, I feel a real responsibility to make my online footprint a positive one. Otherwise what will their generation be faced with? 🙈
Anyhow, it’s food for thought!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

Littlewoodlife

Her husband has a good job. But her feed is definitely not as good since she became a full time “influencer”.

Do you follow little Wood Life - she seems
to find the whole thing very stressful. How do they afford everything - all those holidays?! New house?! Rich parents I’m guessing. How can a couple be so in love?!!

Hi there! I’ve just stumbled across this and thought i’d add in my two pence worth. Just to clarify - Andrew and I built our home seven years ago, way before I was even on social media. We both worked full time with three tiny children (they were 2,4 and 6) and it was not a plain sailing build project at all. It was actually a bit of a shitty time really. A far cry from having everything handed to us.
Our parents live comfortably but have never given us handouts. We have both worked since we were 16 to buy the things we wanted or needed.
Also, we genuinely just do have a pretty good relationship. Obviously we argue at times (who doesn’t?) but for the most part we just get on with raising our kids as best we can and spending time together when we can too.
And our upcoming holidays are 100% saved for and paid for by us. 🙂

Reactions: 18

Ktpeterson

Commenting on Mrs Meldrum latest post, telling her "its just an app" emmmm no love its what furnishes and decorates your houses, free clothes for the fam, toys for the kids, holidays abroad and hello fresh dinners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

cmacca85

Funny encounter of sorts with BB recently, as I’ve said before, we live in the same town and our kids go to the same school. This was a couple of months ago. As I was queuing to park to collect my kids she was crossing the road with hers, she was grinning like a lunatic and looking all round her in front of me as I waited at the pedestrian crossing, so she was crossing the road directly in front of my car, I assumed she was really intensely smiling at someone she knew or a relative or something, but quickly realised she wasn’t - she was totally on her own, she was smiling and looking all around her to see if anyone was looking at her/recognising her, totally ignoring her kids, flicking her hair and pushing her stomach out/rubbing her belly in a really over the top way to attract attention - no one looked near her and the place was absolutely mad with other mums and dads, grandparents etc. she seemed so desperate for someone to look at her and was dressed like a Boden catalogue model when everyone else was in leggings/tracksuit bottoms, yet no one have her one second of attention. To me this just explained why she is so OTT about her “perfect life” on instagram because on a day to day basis, no one even notices her, everyone else was far too interested in their children/their routine to stop and worship
her🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She is getting more ridiculous by the day. I actually used to like her when she really was juggling a lot, when she had a FT demanding job, young kids and did extended breastfeeding, as I was doing all that too. But now she is so unrelatable, she's a SAHM,
with a good disposable income it seems, with no doubt family help, and slave Colin on tap. The whole 'winging it' act needs to stop. She wings nothing, everything is carefully curated and planned to a tee.

She had a story or a post up during the week which was a pic of her clean kitchen. She said the girls had spilt something sticky twice in a row. But she put up the 'after' photo. That just summed her up for me. Most of the mummy/family bloggers would have posted the photo of the mess on the floor as well. She never shows the reality of family life, just the aesthetically pleasing bits while trying to make out she's just like us, but all the time there's an air of 'I'm better than you all'.

Reactions: 13

Incredulous

Even during this pandemic she is just thinking of what she is ‘wanting’ and still ordering deliveries to her house, even if she wants to live the faux good life with a face full of slap, curled hair and her pristine hunters, she’s just ALWAYS spending and thinking of the next piece of Instagram content! We need not worry about a recession as Anna will save the economy as she never stops spending and wanting, Colin must think it’s never ending with her as she always has to have something. It jars on me that the woman who has had about five new sofas in about five years, always wears so much fast fashion is trying to come across now as eco and wholesome. It is all just so fake.

• Haha
She gets on like she doesn’t care about fitness with the aul running after kids line but my brother’s friend’s wife goes to the same gym and she’s had a personal trainer since not long after having the baby, but that’s not been mentioned for some reason. Don’t know why?
Having a personal trainer wouldn't fit with her 'brand'. She only shows the glossy side of things and the outcomes, and tries to make people think everything comes easy/naturally, with no real effort. Even though she talks about tough times and the 'winging it' 🤪 she never shows any evidence of it. There's never a make up free face or an upside down house, or a badly behaved child. Her insta is curated to make people feel shit about themselves and in awe of how she does it all, with seemingly very little effort.

• Angry
  • Heart

cmacca85

I can’t tell you all how glad I am to have found this forum and this thread today! After nosying (never following - wouldn’t give her the satisfaction!!) at Blossoming Bird’s profile for a couple of years I was sick of her “perfect life” and decided to google her to find out a bit more and came across this forum, so glad others share my opinions!! I always had doubts about her wonderful life as I am from the same town and have seen her out shopping looking miserable and incredibly made up (caked in make up - so much so that she is actually shined and sticky looking) on many, many occasions (always minus kids and husband might I add!) Not the happy perfect family picture she paints, they’re not always out together having such great fun as she likes to portray. This comment is my favourite:

I have no idea why this woman has as many followers as she does? Her account is so boring, staged and awful. I followed for a couple of years and recently when yet another photo of perfect little girls with a inanely grinning mother surrounded by gifted shit came into sight, I realised that this utterly uninspiring drivel added nothing to my life and my only thoughts were why? Why is this in my life, why is this strange looking lady flogging her children with boring photos.

Someone earlier mentioned her house too, we actually sold and bought in the same area at the same time as her - the house she sold is in an ok-ish housing estate (I would not have asked a magazine to come out and feature it - would have been affronted to ask them to come to that area!!) and was actually quite small with the motorway right behind their back garden and the estate was directly opposite is a dodgy council estate with a lot of drug problems - not that nice a part of town. The house she bought had been on the market for absolutely ages for £280,000 and she mentioned she got it for less than the asking price and it is on a busy main road overlooking a car dealership and has a much nicer, larger house right in their back garden behind the hedge! We looked at it and dismissed it immediately, we actually ended up buying a beautiful house of the same size but without a garage close the centre of town, it’s overlooked in the back garden too but is a lovely new build and we don’t have to make adjustments/alter the angle of photos we take as it’s nicely laid out🤔

Overall the point i’m trying to make is that I’m glad others share my views because going by the comments on her posts everyone absolutely adores her and her weird grinning and toothy, wooden acting and all the ads🤢the ways she uses her girls actually turns me and I hope it doesn’t last that long, maybe i’m just bitter because I actually worked for my qualifications and job whilst she makes money doing something so meaningless in life🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12

Sweetholls

I just find her so false and so desperate to paint this picture of her family being something to aspire to. Adding music to her stories to make it seem like her GURRRLSS and her are having such a magical time making memories in such a magical moment when really she is just sitting on her phone. I couldn’t imagine planning every activity and everything I buy based on how my Instagram looks. She dresses her daughters like it’s 1920 and can’t even give her baby a normal dummy. It has to be one of those ugly Instagram sheep ones

single white Anna’s stories follow the same formula every time

Todays topic: Oh I’m just throwing on a cay-ke to bay-ke
Checklist:
* dolled to the nines
* reference to breastfeeding
* not an item out of place scan of *insert room here* (where the fuck is that playroom at, btw!)
* self depreciating comment to appear relatable
* another reference to breastfeeding
* affiliate link to the clothing that appeared in the first story

• Heart
  • Haha

Corky

Just spotted them in belfast xmas markets strolling around,cheesy grins,noses up in the air.. Himself holding her arm and swinging an umbrella in the other hand. Nearly choked on my bratwurst.

• Haha
  • Sick

Eyerolling

VIP Member
Girls - I was doing a Zoom mental health course this morning for work, and it wasn’t really relevant to the course, but we got talking about how social media is so bad for mental health as it is so fake. A lovely young girl was on it, and she said that an “influencer” she followed moved house, and she was a cleaner at the time, and was employed by the new owner to clean it before they moved in. She recognised the house straight away. She said the house was stinking. That a lot of it actually looked like it hasn’t been cleaned properly in years. Grout was black, behind sinks filthy etc. They had nice fixtures and fittings but nothing was installed well, paint splatters over handles and taps etc. Nothing that a good scrub wouldn’t fix but that they had obviously never bothered. She said she was really shocked at the time as the week before all the influencer had talked about was how much cleaning she was doing. This girl said she was so shocked at the lies about slaving away all week, and the filters, carefully placed shots etc, that she deleted all social media there and then, and has never went on it again since!! Of course I’m a nosey bitch and had to ask her who it was! Our fake friend Anna!

• Haha
  • Wow

PassingThrough

Someone once described posting personal photos online as the equivalent of inviting a stranger into your home and said to me "would you invite a stranger into your home or child's bedroom?? Because you are with every photo you post from there."

It's a good if stark analogy and shows how far we have come in sacrificing privacy for likes. I've recently been working with mental health professionals and there's real concern about the impact of children and young people's digital footprint on their wellbeing in later life. I'll never understand how parents can justify putting their children in that position:(

• Sad

Eyerolling

VIP Member
What I would be interested in knowing is where is all this cash coming from? PT’s now
Their lifestyle is really no different than most people’s, she just puts a filter on it and photographs it from the right angles. They both work - she set up the consultancy business as well as Instagram when she left Tesco. He has to work night shifts. A lot of times they only go away anywhere is if it’s gifted, so it’s not like that have to afford that. The area where they live is a lot cheaper than most places. Their car is on lease. They have credit cards and debt like everyone else, he was saying to his mates about it. A lot of their stuff unless gifted is from Ikea. They don’t really go out and are quite boring. All their nice stuff is gifted. I don’t really feel like they have an exciting life. Please don’t compare thinking they have everything when all is not what is seems.

Stating the obvious here I know but absolutely everything with these influencers is monetised. Every life event is captured for the masses and used to make money. I grew up believing you that if you worked hard at school, you got a good job and you enjoyed your rewards because you worked hard for them. Are there children out there now who will grow up thinking you make money by putting on make up, getting dressed up and looking pretty on their special occasions to sell a product? I can see how people start out probably not intending to make money and then get sucked in to it all and just lose themselves themselves before they know it. It makes me so sad.
I remember Anna has put in one of her “honest captions”(🙄) a few times that she wants her guuurrrls to grow up to be worried more about the gender pay gap, rather than thigh gap or something as equally twee.
Yet here she is, all about appearances and tarting yourself and kids up in order to sell products and make money. I must say that’s a bit of a contradicting message she is sending out to those wee guurrrls?

Reactions: 11

tootsie

Chatty Member
Cringeeee at the new doorbell ad 🤦🏻‍♀️ the predictable haw haw my husband is gonna know how much I shop online now🖕🏼
This 🙌🏻 I cannot abide women who on one hand are all about being independent money making girl bosses and on the other hand do that whole stupid “ohh I can’t let my husband know I’m spending all his money online, oh silly me”. If it’s your money that you’re spending then you can buy whatever the hell you like! It just plays up to a stupid stereotype in my opinion.

Reactions: 11