Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are obviously ok for Barry to take off work for that length of time because of the go fund me. Not sticking up for either of them and their go fund me antics, but it is a very stressful time to be getting cancer treatment. My hubby is petrified to go back to work in Dublin incase he catches covid and brings it home 😫

They’ve both already been off work for over a year! So this is another year off. My partner only took a handful of days off when I’ve had treatment multiple times. I had to keep working the first time 🙄

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I have a family member that had a bone marrow transplant she didn't need care from anyone for 12 months there was 4 months max that she was very unwell but once they got back from Dublin her partner returned to work and she looked after 2 kids.

But then again they didn't have a nearly 200 grand go fund me to cushion them.

Normal families don't have that luxury. It's a pity that she never refers to it as not being the reality for everyone.

When is the last time she said thanks to the people that donated for giving her this opportunity to have such support.

Reactions: 12
My husband worked through out his chemo he would take 2 days off a week the days he was feeling unwell even at that he tried to go to work, he even worked on the days before he would go in for for chemo. Cant understand how she needs looking after for 12 months after that . But then again we had Bill's and a mortgate to pay without 176k sitting in the bank

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Diamond rings ??? Is that the go fund me money ?
Was just wondering the same thing.
No doubt it is from the fund.
I've a tiny diamond missing from my wedding ring with about 15 years. Still waiting to replace it, even with a gem, but the kids needs are over my wants.
She makes me sick.
Such an awful kick in the teeth to the kindness of people who donated for “hardship” reasons. In my opinion diamond rings are not a necessity under that remit. The guy who started the fund, probably in Good faith, must be sickened to the stomach. I know if I did, I’d be mortified.

My husband worked through out his chemo he would take 2 days off a week the days he was feeling unwell even at that he tried to go to work, he even worked on the days before he would go in for for chemo. Cant understand how she needs looking after for 12 months after that . But then again we had Bill's and a mortgate to pay without 176k sitting in the bank
I know of similar family, the husband often had chemo, was violently sick but because he was self employed couldn’t take more than a day of work. No financial support not did they ask for a single cent. I despise people who use their illness to take Advantage. Have they no morals. I hope your husband continues to be well. He and you deserve it all🙏🙏

Reactions: 17
In her rant about here she still didn't thank the people who donated to give her the freedom to have such support.

The go fund me should have been closed when it reached an amount to cover reasonable living expenses to keep sharing it once it went over 100 grand is actually mind blowing. They didn't earn 100 grand a year 🙈

Also the apartment is arranged by the hospital in a local hotel beside James.

Reactions: 9
Ah girls I think you are being far to harsh, she got a bloody ring! They all probably cost under € 200 together and also how do you know she used the gofundme money for it?

Reactions: 12
In her rant about here she still didn't thank the people who donated to give her the freedom to have such support.

The go fund me should have been closed when it reached an amount to cover reasonable living expenses to keep sharing it once it went over 100 grand is actually mind blowing. They didn't earn 100 grand a year 🙈

Also the apartment is arranged by the hospital in a local hotel beside James.
I think she addressed about that apartment before and said about leaving it for someone who needs it more due to her having the go fund me, the swipe up to the ring was only €55 so while it looks nice its not real diamonds

Reactions: 7
Thanks lucydowl he is doing great at the minute. He kept himself busy throughout it all best way to get through it , I hope your friends husband is doing well

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think she addressed about that apartment before and said about leaving it for someone who needs it more due to her having the go fund me, the swipe up to the ring was only €55 so while it looks nice its not real diamonds
Fair enough I missed that re the apartment.
I don't care what she spends it on even if they were real diamonds, I think it got out of hand in the first place the fact it was still being shared over 100 grand. That point still stands. That kind of money was never required.

Reactions: 6
Shannen’s cousin set up a Go Fund Me a few days after shannen closed hers. For her son with SMA she had been fighting for the medication for months before Shannen was even a grammer. She set up the gofundme to raise money for a wheelchair accessible car for bringing him to and from appointments.
Shannen donated €50.
Yes €50 a few days after raising €170k.
🙈

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Ah girls I think you are being far to harsh, she got a bloody ring! They all probably cost under € 200 together and also how do you know she used the gofundme money for it?
Have to agree with you! The girl has cancer for a third time lads. The Go Fund me was set up to ensure all her expenses were covered.. anyone who donated knew what they were donating towards. Can we not take it for what it is.. a young mother undergoing treatment for a third time with cancer.. the next transplant could literally cure her or kill her, its a very dangerous procedure this time round, and is exceptionally hard on the body, it also means any temp spike or even a cold could have dire cosequences.. Can we bit a bit nicer maybe?

Reactions: 21
Have to agree with you! The girl has cancer for a third time lads. The Go Fund me was set up to ensure all her expenses were covered.. anyone who donated knew what they were donating towards. Can we not take it for what it is.. a young mother undergoing treatment for a third time with cancer.. the next transplant could literally cure her or kill her, its a very dangerous procedure this time round, and is exceptionally hard on the body, it also means any temp spike or even a cold could have dire cosequences.. Can we bit a bit nicer maybe?
Course no one wishes her harm.

The point I stand by is the go fund me was excessive it was completely OTT to let it run until it went over 100 grand.
It's opened my eyes to go fund me and going forward I'll be careful about what I donate too

Reactions: 15
Shannen’s cousin set up a Go Fund Me a few days after shannen closed hers. For her son with SMA she had been fighting for the medication for months before Shannen was even a grammer. She set up the gofundme to raise money for a wheelchair accessible car for bringing him to and from appointments.
Shannen donated €50.
🙈
He got his car 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Shannen donated €50.
🙈
I recall that being screenshot at the time by a call out page

Course no one wishes her harm.

The point I stand by is the go fund me was excessive it was completely OTT to let it run until it went over 100 grand.
It's opened my eyes to go fund me and going forward I'll be careful about what I donate too
I do agree it should never have got that high, I personally thought they were right to change the car but that's just my opinion

I do agree it should never have got that high, I personally thought they were right to change the car but that's just my opinion
I've never commented on what they spend it on.
She can do what she wants with it as it wasn't set up as a trust it didn't have any conditions attached other than 'cover expenses' so they technically can buy whatever they want.

Doesn't mean that ppl don't raise their eyebrows are wrong

Reactions: 2
Shannen donated €50.
🙈
She donated a thousand euro once she got the go fund me money though. How is it wrong for her to set up a go fund me but ok for her cousin to set up one? I don’t agree with some of the tit she’s done either but let’s be fair here.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.