Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
Oh for god’s sake- good to know Tattle has now made it illegal and “grotesque” to celebrate finishing chemo. Better get the memo to all my family members/friends who have celebrated getting through their treatment over the years - how DARE they 🙄🙄🙄.
Pull your oar in a bit.
People here who have been through the experiences if chemo have given their reaction to Shannen's reaction. Getting second hand knowledge from family/friends isn't quite the same.
This is tattle.

Reactions: 18

MrsGahan

VIP Member
She showed 3 babygros received in the post with a note saying pity you won’t get to use them. Didn’t show the note and seemed more amused tbh. Later came the tears and reshares and her following soared. Diagnosis and Go fund me page the following week. Can totally see why people question it.

• Wow

Wheres reality

VIP Member
Im sick to death of this grabby yolk . So many people with terminal cancer and not a penny to their name . On tubridy show to " have the chats " . You mean to just rub her ego bigger than it already is . She is the just like Gorry . Thinks she's the only person in Ireland with problems/cancer . Genuinely want to write an email to the tubridy show about having her on . They need to highlight more than just me me me shannen. A dose ..

If someone gives her st Vincent de Paul vouchers this year they need their head examined . People mean well but this one is the definition of greed

• Heart

Wheres reality

VIP Member
The longer this year is going on the more " insta Hun " she is becoming . Baby grow gate / GFM gate / breaking covid regulations / giving out medical advice on insta / showing off / hiding her AF on her ads / that disgusting 30 Ads on blackfriday / the plugging of us to stay in and respect rules ( but mam needed her to go get tiles 🙈) / the grabbyness / the sympathy card / the flashing the cash / the lack of transparency/ the slyness/ the disregard for our health care system thats looks after her with her covid rule breaking. She is a trooper and an inspiration this one...

• Heart

CiCi87

Does anyone think that Dr Bacon actually just found out about her night out with 6 other households and decided to push her appointment out by a week to cover himself/his patients?

• Heart

JLoLarbee

Chatty Member
She seems very foolish, naïve and childish to be fair... all of the sponsored crap and brand ambassador rubbish completely detracted from her original message of cancer awareness and ok yes she is a young girl and into other things and has another identity than being a cancer patient, but she needs to decide what her 'angle' is because it's not possible to be both IMHO

I do wish her all the best, I have been in her shoes a few years ago and itnis a horrible place to be but she doesn't seem very genuine.. there are any number of other cancer bloggers out there on Instagram from Cork and surrounding areas who seem far more genuine and haven't bought into the bullshit and I way prefer to follow them because they are more true to life and not posting crap for the attention/ likes
I think unfortunately that the excessive Go Fund Me amount for just one person has left a bad taste for many people. I do wish her all the best though. I do feel like the sincerity in terms of wanting to raise awareness is far more to the fore with some other bloggers going through fights against cancer. Trina Clearly being one such blogger (tri_cleary) literally puts all her efforts into promoting the need to check your breasts for early breast cancer detection. Day in day out she is preaching this message despite being ill. A real trooper.

Freddie101

It’s awfully convenient that the 2 tables booked under 2 different names happened to be placed right beside eachother. As someone else said the manager is dating one of the girls. That was 100% orchestrated by Shannen, her pals & the restaurant. All are accountable

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
I feel this one gets a very hard time, I don’t follow her but I have watched stories occasionally and I did donate to her go fund me, she seems to have been through a lot for such a young woman and she seems pretty upbeat on stories.
Her cancer battles and her health are not at question. It's her use of people's donations, double standards, taking advantage of her health situation for profit, and sly behaviour that is questionable.

dothprotesttoomuch

Chatty Member
What’s with the 200 day return guarantee. So you can sleep on it for a few months and if you don’t like it return it and they’ll resell it!? 🙈
Yes!! I can't remember where I read it, possibly on another forum here, but the company themselves have apparently said that they just put a new cover on a (used) mattress which has been returned, they don't just discard mattresses returned within the 28 days 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Interesting she had a Charlotte Tilbury swipe up the other day saying she never bought it before, I guess she never had €200K lying in her bank account before either.

Barry cooking dinner the other evening but no, she wanted a Chinese.

Which Nike trainers to buy?

It is just spend, spend,spend, such a waste.

Watching "cancer with gratitude" page, another stunning young mother who just received a terminal diagnosis after battling twice before, she raised 40K and everyday thanks for the generosity and highlights things it will help with.

Has Shannen ever accounted for what she's using it for? I know you don't have to and she wouldn't strike you as someone with much class but it would be good practice to show some appreciation.

Saying she's sharing Christmas gift ideas does not excuse the utter greed of so many swipeups, the greed is disgusting. So ungracious

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
So far we’ve established that she is not fighting for her life. We all worry about our children and their futures. Cry me a f**king river but do I need to continue?

I’m joining in on this thread after what has been my hardest shift yet in psychiatry
Gonna leave it there for now folks

• Heart

Taylor17

VIP Member
What I object to is the blatant flaunting of her spending. Take the new car for example. I absolutely understand that a bigger car would be much more comfortable on long drives during treatment.
Bu the photo on the garage forecourt with the flowers was just crass.
The classy way to do it would have been to come on to Instagram and simply say that thanks to people's generosity she was able to upgrade her car to make the travelling less arduous and to thank everyone who donated.
She's a typical blogger show off. Addicted to the compliments and attention from people. She HAS to boast about living the good life. She doesn't care if she's doing it from charity money while other people going through cancer are terminally ill and struggling. Also in her rant the other say she made some point of if our kids fell in love with social media and wanted to make a career out of talking about themselves to Instagram, we wouldn't want them getting hate etc. Well if my kids said that's what they were doing with their lives, firstly I'd say cop on and get a proper qualified but if they insisted I would tell them to expect people not to like them and to criticize them and it's a not as nice as they think in the spotlight. So Shannen, grow up. If you don't like negative comments get off the gram

• Heart

Wheres reality

VIP Member
Her cancer isn't terminal but talked as if it was , claimed someone sent her baby grows to her house and got her address because she is infertile now , has one little girl , her following soared cause other insta huns down the phone crying about it , go fund me started like a day or 2 after it ? Very convenient since her numbers were massive now. Straight saway went and blew the money on a jeep , nights away , fitbits etc etc . Swore the money was for future treatment if she ever got cancer again so she could get better research and maybe to to America. Obviously some lies again. Never stays in but has the balls to preach we all should be . Made it out like she was in the breadline , she isnt at all . She is full of lies .

• Heart
  • Wow

Smurfett 23

I don’t wish her any ill will but if she catches Covid before her transplant then I will not feel one bit sorry for her. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I’m done with this leech.
She has no content so I’d say she’s doing all this just to be spoken about.
We are all taking precautions daily by staying away/apart from other family members. What her and those other 6 “beauties” ( a derogatory term my dad calls slappers ) did last night by booking 2 different tables is disgraceful. Also that bar were given specific instructions /guidelines before it opened on what is and not allowed. I’ve reported that bar Clancys in Youghal to the HSA and to the Vintners Association for breaking government guidelines.

• Heart

Justme00

Voduz still have a go fund me open for shannen 🤷🏻‍♀️ why?

And shannen is the linked beneficiary of that page so she knows about it

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
Sometimes it's hard to see beyond your own situation. Yes other people have it so much harder. Does that mean she should not worry or stress about her situation? No matter what situation you are in in life you can be guaranteed there is somebody somewhere worse off than you. All you can do is try play the hand you have been dealt! I really really cannot understand why people who have gone through similar situations but worse begrudge her for not having it as bad as they did!
Maybe she shouldn't moan in public then?
Oh wait, then she wouldn't have got €200k if she didn't go public.

• Heart

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
Numbers in Cork are flying up, and she was out over the last week looking for flooring and other furnishings for her mother's new house. No doubt more lunches out. Shur the go fund me pays for outings.

Mrs Bc

That was embarrassing, it was like she had a full on crush on this man ! And boasting she had his phone number was weird
This shit actually makes my blood boil the same man is my oncologist also he’s an amazing human who’s pulled me from deaths door twice in the last year. But if I need to get in contact with him I have to go through a nurse and can be days waiting for a reply and this one has him on speed dial!!! Infuriates me big time 🤬

• Wow
  • Sad

Lucydowl

VIP Member
This go fund me really bugged me. Within hours it was 50-60k, she kept talking about closing it but it was only closed when it got to €176k and the donations actually stopped. 3 days in a row it was meant to be stopped. I think it’s a holy disgrace. I was one of the first people to see it & I donated €100. Had I known then what would happen I would have kept my €100. I do not consent to funding hotel stays, beauty treatments and potentially IVF. She has become an insta beggar, grabbing freebies & without her cancer story she’s dull. No sense of fashion or style. Nothing interesting about her & a little too Sarcastic for me. I’m disgusted & anyone who doesn’t think the baby grow thing was a ploy to build a following is delusional. She’s Rachel Gorry part 2. Bit of a sob story but a spineless greedy person underneath. And her preaching yesterday about covid - you two faced cow.
100euro , I’d be fuming and you have a Perfect right to ask where your money went. I only lost a tenner to the fake sob story.