Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the mini to begin with then upgraded to the trinity to get attachments. There's no difference in size of regular attachment or power in them. I just knew I'd want to get the eye and lip attachment as I'd heard it was good for hooded eyes. It does mean I can half the time it takes to do a routine though as I can do both sides at once now!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi all, I bought the Nuface mini and fix last year thanks to you all on this thread. I’ve just found out I’m pregnant so it’s off limits now. Do you have any other recommendations to keep my skin feeling nice and tackle the aging/tiredness I’m already seeing in my face during pregnancy?

Reactions: 2
Hi all, I bought the Nuface mini and fix last year thanks to you all on this thread. I’ve just found out I’m pregnant so it’s off limits now. Do you have any other recommendations to keep my skin feeling nice and tackle the aging/tiredness I’m already seeing in my face during pregnancy?
Congratulations!
I used Sarah Chapman’s Facialift when pregnant to help with the puffiness. I suspect the cryoball/wands would also be good.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you I’ve just bought it after watching the video. I clench my jaw so if it helps with that too that’s a bonus. I think that can fit into my morning routine nicely, especially as I use my nuface in the evening (when I can) so will be nice for a morning boost!

Thank you I’ve just bought it after watching the video. I clench my jaw so if it helps with that too that’s a bonus. I think that can fit into my morning routine nicely, especially as I use my nuface in the evening (when I can) so will be nice for a morning boost!
Yeah I think the facialift would be great for that! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

• Heart
That's amazing! Bear is one of the microcurrent devices, like Nuface, Ziip (and Theraface?), right? Would it be your choice out of them? I've read a thorough Nuface vs Ziip comparison that someone kindly linked here but not sure how the other options stack up and debating getting one. Am in my mid 30s and feel quite late to the skincare game! Currently weighing up blepharoplasty too 😂
I'm so sorry I missed this!

I have both the Nuface and the Bear. I got the Nuface around 3.5 years ago and the Bear last year

My preference of the two is honestly the Nuface but I do end up using the Bear more because it's a lot quicker to use. I feel the Bear keeps the Nuface results 'topped up' but that could be in my head. I'm also happy to have the bear as I think it'll be more convenient for travel than the Nuface. I've never travelled with the Nuface but the bear is small enough

I'd say when weighing up your decision, factor in things like time spent, if you want a device that's quick to use or if you're prepared to spend a bit longer. As with any devices consistency is key especially in the beginning

I'm not sure how helpful that is but I think both are brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 3
FAO @rosemarina and @Aude , going to unfollow the SH thread, every time I log on I feel like there's a comment about how women age overnight
Don't let it get you down. That's not everyone's experience. I know it sounds barely believable, but I'm as happy with the way I look now (in my late 60s) as I've ever been.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry if I’ve contributed to that. I’m fretting about myself, not anybody else. (That sounds narcissistic 😀.)

FAO @rosemarina and @Aude , going to unfollow the SH thread, every time I log on I feel like there's a comment about how women age overnight
OT - there’s a bit of a vibe shift over there eh?
I know we keep this thread for devices but maybe could hijack/create another for a channel of reccs/discussion around the beauty end of things? That’s the only reason i stuck around SH threads tbh - hope @Aude you never see my bookmarks, basically every post you make 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I know we keep this thread for devices but maybe could hijack/create another for a channel of reccs/discussion around the beauty end of things? That’s the only reason i stuck around SH threads tbh - hope @Aude you never see my bookmarks, basically every post you make 😂😂😂
Yes I felt the vibe shift! I'm still not over PJ Harvey being described as seeming like she needs a good bath

Foreo, I love your products but you're pushing my limits with emails like these

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yes I felt the vibe shift! I'm still not over PJ Harvey being described as seeming like she needs a good bath

Definitely. Shame as thanks to you lot my approach to skin, makeup, and etc has never been better or more me-centred! I realised as Sali’s tiresomeness only bears so much examination, what kept me there was funny, warm, sensible discussion of common interests. If that’s no longer there in the same way, then what’s the point?!

I’m using my ufo less these days as my skin seems just in a better way all round. Their language is appalling 😭 Manuka is one of my faves though - I still haven’t tried green tea and I must.

ETA re the above - no one or one thing in particular made me feel like this, I know tone can be lost in text!

• Heart

I felt irritated by that email too 🤣

Plus, it's full of 'tired, dry, pronounced (ffs) signs of ageing' - and has a picture of some 20 year old kid using the UFO at the top!

I'll use my UFO to tackle my god-awful 39 year old face with pronounced signs of ageing and then plaster it in Jones Road so as to #notlooklikeshit or whatever her dumb hashtag is.

• Heart
Oh fuckssake I missed the grandma emoji. What a load of bollocks - doubt anyone over the age of 25 was involved in that marketing email.

Reactions: 4
Urgh, I tend to just delete their emails as soon as I see them in my inbox so I missed that. I used my UFO for the first time in ages this evening as well. I almost wish I didn’t like their products, seeing as the names are mostly hugely problematic and they’re now being ageist.

There is a skincare thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/actually-honest-skincare-makeup-reviews-2.29070/ although it’s not tremendously well used. It was one of the SH offshoot threads.

Urgh, I tend to just delete their emails as soon as I see them in my inbox so I missed that. I used my UFO for the first time in ages this evening as well. I almost wish I didn’t like their products, seeing as the names are mostly hugely problematic and they’re now being ageist.

There is a skincare thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/actually-honest-skincare-makeup-reviews-2.29070/ although it’s not tremendously well used. It was one of the SH offshoot threads.
Yes I know.. I keep up to date with it but rarely if ever comment as it’s actually on topic mostly 😂 I show up for the chat AND the skincare reccs.

Has anyone ever tried a Solawave LED device? a skincare tiktoker I follow is an avid user of the blue and the red ones in her tiktoks and i’m interested. I already have a current body LED mask so I’d be looking at the blue light as this would help with spots etc wouldn’t it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.