Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hoping for advice please! I have really, really dull looking skin but a very red t-zone. No spots. I’ve booked in for dermaplaning with a jelly mask after as a quick thing to do before holiday to brighten things up but I’m lost in the amount of different services offered nowadays! Any advice please, especially for the redness?

Hoping for advice please! I have really, really dull looking skin but a very red t-zone. No spots. I’ve booked in for dermaplaning with a jelly mask after as a quick thing to do before holiday to brighten things up but I’m lost in the amount of different services offered nowadays! Any advice please, especially for the redness?
Do you use vitamin c in your skin care?

I’m still on the fence about the LED face in part because I want both masks (face and neck) and that’s a lot! Who has one and really feels like they changed your life? 🙏

I’m still on the fence about the LED face in part because I want both masks (face and neck) and that’s a lot! Who has one and really feels like they changed your life? 🙏
I have the Current Body face mask. While I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s changed my life I am happy wi

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have the Current Body face mask. While I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s changed my life I am happy wi
I don’t know why my post was cut off 😁

I love the mask, it’s incredibly relaxing and I look forward to using it. I’m 53 and look 53 although I’m not terribly lined and still firm skinned. I think it’s been good for my face but I can’t tell you exactly what it’s done. I feel I look ‘perkier’. I’m stringent about using it , 5 times a week at least.

• Heart
I have the current body face and neck and dec. I have rosacea and the redness disappears after use. I think the links on my neck are less but I don't have many lines on my face so maybe I wouldn't notice too much anyway

• Heart
I'd like to be able to give an answer - one way or the other - but I use several things to look after my face/neck/chest (LED mask. NuFace Mini, Tretinoin, spf etc) and, while I think my skin looks great, I can't really attribute it to one thing rather than another.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have we got any reviews on the Reduit Boost yet? I was tempted by the kickstarter but didn't contribute as I was underwhelmed by the Uni. Still interested to know if it's any good!

Have we got any reviews on the Reduit Boost yet? I was tempted by the kickstarter but didn't contribute as I was underwhelmed by the Uni. Still interested to know if it's any good!
Thanks for the nudge to share my experience with the Reduit Boost so far. First of all it’s a very cute looking device! Secondly, I’m shocked at the full price cost in comparison to the Kickstarter price. I bought mine for around 45€ and it’s 199€ full price on their website! Thirdly, because I already have the UFO2 I was expecting the Boost to slide around my face in the same luxurious fashion as the UFO2. But unless I quadrupled the amount of product I normally use, then this won’t happen! The cycle is incredible short, maybe 10 to 15 seconds. It seems to literally push the product into your skin and then its job is done and there’s no point trying to slide it around your face trying to get a massage from it because the product is well absorbed into the skin! Fourthly, the app is slightly fiddly. You can very easily upload your products into the app - that part is very impressive! But in order to use the Boost you must use the app (ie you must bring your phone with you!) , and then you have to add the products you are using into a “favourites” list and set the Boost device to run from there. I use different moisturisers by night than by day, so it seems that I have to change my favourites list each morning/evening. This only takes seconds each time, but it feels like a hassle! (I’m open to correction from any other users about this!). Although Boost does recognise my cleanser, I find it easier to skip using it for that stage of my skincare and keep it for the products I want to sink into my skin. As I’m not even using it a full week yet I can’t say that my complexion has changed just yet! But I have noticed a nice tingle in my skin after using some of my moisturisers with the Boost. It was a tingle I used get when I first started using my products, and then as my skin acclimatised the tingle went away. This makes me wonder if the Boost is indeed living up to its promise of penetrating the skin further and helping me get the most bang from my buck in terms of the active ingredients in my skin care! I await further feedback from fellow tattlers with interest too!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It could be rosacea - I know there are a few different prescription treatments they can do for it. Could be worth asking your doctor. Or the person who does dermaplaning. I love chemical peels for bright skin but might not be suitable if rosacea.

Thanks for the nudge to share my experience with the Reduit Boost so far. First of all it’s a very cute looking device! Secondly, I’m shocked at the full price cost in comparison to the Kickstarter price. I bought mine for around 45€ and it’s 199€ full price on their website! Thirdly, because I already have the UFO2 I was expecting the Boost to slide around my face in the same luxurious fashion as the UFO2. But unless I quadrupled the amount of product I normally use, then this won’t happen! The cycle is incredible short, maybe 10 to 15 seconds. It seems to literally push the product into your skin and then its job is done and there’s no point trying to slide it around your face trying to get a massage from it because the product is well absorbed into the skin! Fourthly, the app is slightly fiddly. You can very easily upload your products into the app - that part is very impressive! But in order to use the Boost you must use the app (ie you must bring your phone with you!) , and then you have to add the products you are using into a “favourites” list and set the Boost device to run from there. I use different moisturisers by night than by day, so it seems that I have to change my favourites list each morning/evening. This only takes seconds each time, but it feels like a hassle! (I’m open to correction from any other users about this!). Although Boost does recognise my cleanser, I find it easier to skip using it for that stage of my skincare and keep it for the products I want to sink into my skin. As I’m not even using it a full week yet I can’t say that my complexion has changed just yet! But I have noticed a nice tingle in my skin after using some of my moisturisers with the Boost. It was a tingle I used get when I first started using my products, and then as my skin acclimatised the tingle went away. This makes me wonder if the Boost is indeed living up to its promise of penetrating the skin further and helping me get the most bang from my buck in terms of the active ingredients in my skin care! I await further feedback from fellow tattlers with interest too!
Fair play to you, I’ve not even got mine charged up yet 🤣 I’m not sure if it will recognise my skincare, most of my stuff is The Ordinary. I am hoping for a quiet moment or two soon to have a proper look at it all.

Fair play to you, I’ve not even got mine charged up yet 🤣 I’m not sure if it will recognise my skincare, most of my stuff is The Ordinary. I am hoping for a quiet moment or two soon to have a proper look at it all.
I’m glad to be of service!!!
Just had a quick look at the Boost app. They’ve a list of twenty products from The Ordinary. You can also enter a product manually if they don’t have it listed! Good luck with it and I look forward to learning a few tricks from you!

Hello!! New here! What would you guys recommend for the jawline and "jowel" area?? I am 33 and have recently developed a bit of flabbyness 😬 I have a good skincare routine and am relatively wrinkle free for my age but this is bothering me MAJORLY!!

What would be a good price for the NuFace mini?
I ordered it from current body as a kit for £126 (inc -£15 code) then noticed an old offer ‘was £115 now £100’ so wondering if I’ve over paid or if the price is higher now?

Hello!! New here! What would you guys recommend for the jawline and "jowel" area?? I am 33 and have recently developed a bit of flabbyness 😬 I have a good skincare routine and am relatively wrinkle free for my age but this is bothering me MAJORLY!!
Nuface!

What would be a good price for the NuFace mini?
I ordered it from current body as a kit for £126 (inc -£15 code) then noticed an old offer ‘was £115 now £100’ so wondering if I’ve over paid or if the price is higher now?
They've probably gone up in price. I know the Trinity is higher now compared to what I paid 3 years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you, is the mini the one that's best to go with or is the trinity worth the extra expense?
It depends! I spent extra as I knew I wanted to eventually get the attachments. If you know you're not going to use or get the attachments I'd say go with the mini. The attachments are time consuming so that's just something to be aware of. They're not cheap either, I got one at a time to spread the cost out

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.