Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve still got loads of the original stuff (including some that has a pump dispenser) because I got a few small ones free as GWPs, but once that has been used up, I think I will.

Reactions: 1
I got my smoothskin back out again and I’m actually very impressed this time round! I thought I’d got a dud when it first arrived.

still lamenting the youth junkie demise, any word? I have 2 left I’m clinging on to til we hear 😂

• Sad
Finally used the Nuface Mini for the first time since buying it in the CurrentBody Easter sale thanks to the tips on here! The beep is.....SO loud 😅 very....very...loud (to my ears). Is that common to all microcurrent devices?! I'm not sure I can tolerate that 5 days out of every 7 for 60 days. I also didn't realise that it defaulted to the medium setting so could probably 'feel' it more than I should have, will see how it goes tomorrow. I also could feel my earlobe twitching when the device passed over certain nerves (?) in my cheek and neck which was disconcerting. Not 100% sure microcurrent is for me. I love the LED mask I got, that's been a very easy device to incorporate into my routine but. Microcurrent feels a challenge for me personally 😭

Finally used the Nuface Mini for the first time since buying it in the CurrentBody Easter sale thanks to the tips on here! The beep is.....SO loud 😅 very....very...loud (to my ears). Is that common to all microcurrent devices?! I'm not sure I can tolerate that 5 days out of every 7 for 60 days. I also didn't realise that it defaulted to the medium setting so could probably 'feel' it more than I should have, will see how it goes tomorrow. I also could feel my earlobe twitching when the device passed over certain nerves (?) in my cheek and neck which was disconcerting. Not 100% sure microcurrent is for me. I love the LED mask I got, that's been a very easy device to incorporate into my routine but. Microcurrent feels a challenge for me personally 😭
I'm surprised by that. I'd say I was very sensitive to noise - I find the UFO2 a bit too loud for comfort - but I don't find the Nuface beep loud.

Why don't you explain to CurrentBody and see if they would exchange it? If they send you another and it's still too loud - at least you'll know then that it's not a device that's going to suit you. It can be difficult enough fitting a device into your regular routine without being reluctant to use it because of the sound it makes.

The only time I ever feel any sensation from the Nuface (which I've always used on the highest setting) is if I haven't used enough gel - for example if I move it right to my hairline where I haven't put gel. I do only use it on the lower face and neck though. I understand that it can be felt more on the forehead where there's less padding.

If it doesn't work out for you, I think I'm right in saying that CurrentBody offers a money-back guarantee on Nuface devices.

Reactions: 5
I'm surprised by that. I'd say I was very sensitive to noise - I find the UFO2 a bit too loud for comfort - but I don't find the Nuface beep loud.

Why don't you explain to CurrentBody and see if they would exchange it? If they send you another and it's still too loud - at least you'll know then that it's not a device that's going to suit you. It can be difficult enough fitting a device into your regular routine without being reluctant to use it because of the sound it makes.

The only time I ever feel any sensation from the Nuface (which I've always used on the highest setting) is if I haven't used enough gel - for example if I move it right to my hairline where I haven't put gel. I do only use it on the lower face and neck though. I understand that it can be felt more on the forehead where there's less padding.

If it doesn't work out for you, I think I'm right in saying that CurrentBody offers a money-back guarantee on Nuface devices.
Thanks so much! Good to know about the UFO2 as well, and definitely a good idea me contacting them to find out if maybe I've just got a louder-than-it-should-be device...

Re sensation that sounds like maybe I was a bit stingey, I have pretty dry skin and I did feel like the gel disappeared quite quickly, even though I only did an area at a time. Will be more generous tomorrow!

Thanks for your feedback, this is an area of skincare I feel very confident in, and it's so helpful having a group of people with experience to ask 😊

Reactions: 4
I'm also surprised by the loudness of the beep, I find it faint and can't listen to certain music when using the Nuface as otherwise I won't hear it!

Reactions: 5
I'm also surprised by the loudness of the beep, I find it faint and can't listen to certain music when using the Nuface as otherwise I won't hear it!
I feel like it vibrating slightly every 5 seconds (my Garmin watch does that when I do a breathing exercise) would be much nicer. Have you used other microcurrent devices that were quieter - in terms of beep?

Quite an interesting discussion about devices between Alice Hart-Davis and someone at CurrentBody. On AHD's Instagram. I think AHD is one of the most reliable in this field and in this discussion I didn't think there was any hard sell from either of them.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone in London or Essex had laser treatment for facial broken capillaries? I have no idea how to go about finding somewhere reputable
I have, but so long ago that I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I had thread veins treated a couple of different ways - first by sclerotherapy and then by laser. Both methods worked but they do tend to come back. The laser was at Sk:n Clinic in Wigmore Street London and my memory is that the experience and the results were fine. I think they're still there - so probably doing something right!

Alice Hart-Davis's website - google thetweakmentsguide - has a 'find a practitioner' feature that might be useful. Her website also has a factsheet and a video about thread veins.

I have, but so long ago that I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I had thread veins treated a couple of different ways - first by sclerotherapy and then by laser. Both methods worked but they do tend to come back. The laser was at Sk:n Clinic in Wigmore Street London and my memory is that the experience and the results were fine. I think they're still there - so probably doing something right!

Alice Hart-Davis's website - google thetweakmentsguide - has a 'find a practitioner' feature that might be useful. Her website also has a factsheet and a video about thread veins.
Ooh thank you. That's very helpful. I forgot about AH-D but I never know if those lists of practitioners are recommended/reputable or just paid to be listed!

Did you get the email that Foreo are increasing their prices? Warning you to go panic buy before it happens :rolleyes:

• Wow
Quite an interesting discussion about devices between Alice Hart-Davis and someone at CurrentBody. On AHD's Instagram. I think AHD is one of the most reliable in this field and in this discussion I didn't think there was any hard sell from either of them.
Only watched the first part of this, but it's really interesting and timely! The second day of persevering to use my (too loud) NuFace Mini, I noticed how much it was lifting my brows. AHD mentions this at the beginning, that the microcurrent devices are good for a sort of morning eye refresh! Given my other post about contemplating a blepharoplasty, it was actually really useful to see how much difference a 'brow lift' would make, and also how much excess skin I still had after. Illuminating! And has made me slightly more positive about the Mini, despite the noise (I emailed CurrentBody and they replied basically being like 'well no one else in the history of universe has ever had a problem with the noise' okay cool, I mean, that doesn't invalidate my experience but you do you. I'll just comfort myself with temporarily raised brows while weighing up a brow lift lol).

At last my Reduit Boost (as bought during their Kickstarter campaign) has arrived! It looks fab. I’m looking forward to using it tonight! Let the glowing skin begin!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.