Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we pretty much all do. Which device in particular?
Any of them really. I used to use a cleansing brush which was quite good then I saw Zoella using her Foreo and wondered if they were any good cause obv I'm not taken an influencers word on it!

Any of them really. I used to use a cleansing brush which was quite good then I saw Zoella using her Foreo and wondered if they were any good cause obv I'm not taken an influencers word on it!
I’ve got the Luna fofo and the UFO and really like them both. The Luna is a cleaning brush and the UFO is for masks. I want to get the bear but not sure I’d get into a good enough routine with it to justify the cost. I love the fact it has an app but I know some people see that as a negative.

The Luna always makes me skin feel really soft after I’ve used it but I don’t use it too much as would worry about over exfoliating. And the UFO is a lovely treat and I love trying the different masks, current fav is the cannabis one.

Reactions: 3
I’ve also got a Luna and a UFO, I love them both. If I could only choose one I’d go for the UFO as it’s such a great little device for giving a pampering treatment and a boost to my skin. I always feel so much better when I’ve done a UFO treatment and my skin looks more radiant too. I have normal / dry skin and I like the rose mask and the cannabis one.

Reactions: 4
I've got a Luna Fofo, Bear and UFO. What I like about Foreo devices is a) they're super quick to use and b) they have an app so you can follow the video / sequence when using (which is why I bought a Bear as opposed to a NuFace).

I would say the UFO is their USP. Not seen anything like it anywhere else.

I love Foreo even though their marketing does get on my wick sometimes!

I have the Bear, UFO, UFO2, Espada, Iris and two of the Luna devices- a mini and the Luna 3 sensitive (I think)

Wouldn't use the cleansing devices every day but I always do feel a difference from the massaging and cleansing side of things. The Bear I use most days alternating with the Nuface. The UFO maybe once or twice a week or as needed, e.g if I feel a bit drawn or something. The UFO is brilliant especially as unlike a lot of devices it doesn't need daily or every other day usage

Reactions: 4
In a nutshell, more painful than I was expecting but worth it.
Oooooo, where did you go? Is it in london? Is it expensive? All the questions! 😂 I have one eyebrow with a bit of a gap and I don’t want to go thinner to even them out. Would it help with that? Do they do the whole brow?!

Thank you. Yes does anyone use the Foreo and do you think its worth the money?
I got a rip-off basic face scrubber one from Amazon for about £12 thinking I’d buy the foreo if it was any good. Still got it and love it, never did upgrade.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had Profhilo done? It sounds amazing and there's a place in my city that offers it...

Has anyone had Profhilo done? It sounds amazing and there's a place in my city that offers it...
Yes. Personally, I don't think it's worth the money as I didn't really see any change in my skin at all.

But perhaps that's just me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I have too. I had it when it first launched (about 5 years ago?) and wasn't impressed. Just didn't seem to do anything -,plus I had quite a few bruises from the injections. The procedure involves a series of injections and any injection can leave a bruise. As per the protocol, I had two treatments about 4 weeks apart and but didn't think it did anything.

Given that it now seems to be a popular treatment I recently thought I'd give it another go. After the first treatment I did think it made an improvement - although I had it at the same time as my regular (6-monthly) Botox and filler so hard to say what was the result of the Profhilo versus the other. I had a second Profhilo treatment after four weeks and not only did it not add to results of the first treatment but seemed to knock out the effects I'd seen (or thought I'd seen) of the first treatment. So, back to being unimpressed.

One other factor for me... I regularly (almost every day) use a NuFace Mini. Although I couldn't get any definitive advice on whether or not to use microcurrent after Profhilo I followed the advice given for other injectables and didn't use the NuFace for two weeks. I felt that my face suffered as a result. Overall, I felt that I'd have been better off not interrupting my NuFace routine than having the Profhilo treatment.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for the Profhilo insights, seems like it truly is too good to be true. I should rather invest the money I might have been willing to pay for it for a few well-placed injections of Botox. I have two very visible wrinkles on my neck that I would like to get rid off.

Reactions: 1
Have a look at Dr Natalia Spierings on IG. She’s very matter of fact about what treatments actually work and she’s done a post/story about profhilo.
If I remember correctly she said it wasn’t really that beneficial unless you had ‘crepey skin’ which would obviously improve with some intense hydration.
She’s a bit like marmite when she’s talking about skincare and procedures however she’s a qualified dermatologist and basically says it as it is . She also doesn’t promote or advertise brands for commission.
Much more informative than some of the beauty influencers (like Caroline hirons for example) who seem to recommend every product/treatment they are ‘gifted’… 😬

Reactions: 6
I think that's probably right about Profhilo - if your skin needs intense hydration you might see a result.

So, I hope she doesn’t read this because I’ll feel like a right dick, but I recently met up with a friend I hadn’t seen for about 3 years. I’ve been quite worried about seeing people again after all this time because I’ve gained weight and I feel I’ve aged quite a bit too. I stopped having Botox and fillers due to the pandemic, then never went back and just hid behind masks for a bit.

ANYWAY, after we’d met up she texted me to ask who’d done my Botox/fillers because she wanted a recommendation. (She’s never had anything like that done before.) Didn’t believe me when I said it had been over 3 years since I’d had either! (I mean, maybe she was just being kind 😀.) I guess the NuFace/Ziip must be doing something after all? That or the weight gain has padded out my face a bit.

(Just realised that might look really arrogant, but I meant to convey that it was a nice surprise. I still look like a potato 😀.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
So, I hope she doesn’t read this because I’ll feel like a right dick, but I recently met up with a friend I hadn’t seen for about 3 years. I’ve been quite worried about seeing people again after all this time because I’ve gained weight and I feel I’ve aged quite a bit too. I stopped having Botox and fillers due to the pandemic, then never went back and just hid behind masks for a bit.

ANYWAY, after we’d met up she texted me to ask who’d done my Botox/fillers because she wanted a recommendation. (She’s never had anything like that done before.) Didn’t believe me when I said it had been over 3 years since I’d had either! (I mean, maybe she was just being kind 😀.) I guess the NuFace/Ziip must be doing something after all? That or the weight gain has padded out my face a bit.

(Just realised that might look really arrogant, but I meant to convey that it was a nice surprise. I still look like a potato 😀.)
Thanks for sharing this story @rosemarina Good job NuFace/Ziip!….Or maybe it’s time for you to realise how beautiful you are, devices or no devices! My wish for you is for you to be able to see yourself as your lovely friend saw you that day. She was full of admiration for how you’ve taken care of your appearance. I’m taking your message as a sign that I need to send more compliments out into the world, just like your friend. 💖

PS (I’m still carrying the extra weight I put on during Covid, and can soooo empathise with your trepidation at meeting someone you hadn’t seen in a long time. I really admire that you gave yourself the nudge required to go and meet that pal).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.