Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm using the nuface branded one because it came with the device but I wash it off straight after so I do not plan on replacing it when I'm out! I've just ordered this to try: Amazon product but any ultrasound gel should allow the microcurrent to get through (and loads of people say normal aloe vera gel works too but I'd rather be sure it's working)

edit: I don't think my amazon link has worked. it's anagel ultrasound gel, £3.95 for 250ml
Brill thank you!

Reactions: 1
I'm using the nuface branded one because it came with the device but I wash it off straight after so I do not plan on replacing it when I'm out! I've just ordered this to try: Amazon product but any ultrasound gel should allow the microcurrent to get through (and loads of people say normal aloe vera gel works too but I'd rather be sure it's working)

edit: I don't think my amazon link has worked. it's anagel ultrasound gel, £3.95 for 250ml
Thanks for the amazon link 😊
Do you think this will be ok to use round the eyes? I noticed the fix came with a different serum to the mini

Do you think this will be ok to use round the eyes? I noticed the fix came with a different serum to the mini
I'd have thought so as long as you don't actually get any in your eyes. I've not been bothering with the serum that came with the fix as a) the tube is tiny and b) it stings a bit - I've overdone the tret recently and my eyelids are a bit raw so I've been using the normal nuface stuff and was planning on just using this everywhere then washing it off as I am with that. I do my eyes last though so whatever I'm using isn't on there as long as the rest of my face. The website says it's " non-sensitizing and non-irritating "

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'd be careful around the eyes. I can use the nuface gel near my eyes no problem, but a cheap conductor gel I got from amazon stings my eyes like crazy if it get any higher than my cheekbone. I don't know whether it's got menthol or anything in it but it doesn't agree with me. It's bad enough for me to consider only ever getting the nuface one once I've used it up and its more than 3 times the price

Reactions: 3
I'd be careful around the eyes. I can use the nuface gel near my eyes no problem, but a cheap conductor gel I got from amazon stings my eyes like crazy if it get any higher than my cheekbone. I don't know whether it's got menthol or anything in it but it doesn't agree with me. It's bad enough for me to consider only ever getting the nuface one once I've used it up and its more than 3 times the price
This is interesting to hear, I’ll be wary when mine arrives. I guess I could use the cheap stuff for the bulk of my face and the rest of the nuface gel around the eyes

I decided not to get the gel that was posted here yesterday as it was minimum 2 bottles so went for a different one. It came today and I’ve just tested some on my face and absolutely no burning/irritation to my eyes so figured I’d share the link. My Aldi nuface dupe hasn’t arrived yet so can’t comment on how well it works.

Will say though it was funny to give my boyfriend a heart attack when he saw I’d bought ultrasound gel 🤣🤣🤣
Amazon product

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have the same problem and although I don’t particularly like the Nuface gel as it contains hyaluronic acid, it’s the only one that doesn’t sting my eyes so sticking with it. Hot’n’flashy has a good tip for using it sparingly- she applies it on the side of the face she’s using the device on with a make up brush and only applies on the other side when ready to move onto it.

Reactions: 2
I was thinking of buying this one. You must be the one star Nuface review on there 😂
Lol I haven't left a review but I should do to warn people. I can't be the only special snowflake with sensitive eyes! I clearly didn't read the reviews when I ordered it!

I have the same problem and although I don’t particularly like the Nuface gel as it contains hyaluronic acid, it’s the only one that doesn’t sting my eyes so sticking with it. Hot’n’flashy has a good tip for using it sparingly- she applies it on the side of the face she’s using the device on with a make up brush and only applies on the other side when ready to move onto it.
Yes I watched her demos.shes got some good tips. Forgot she used a brush though. I have seen others use a water spray to reactivate it but that didn't work for me. I felt properly electrocuted 😱

Surely a makeup brush actually means you use more product as it’s soaked into the bristles? Might go on smoother but not with less product

It will still use more product than just smoothing it on with hands, though? What a strange hill to die on.
If you're using the Nuface primer, a lot of product stays on your hands as its so gloopy, I reckon a brush is probably less wasteful. I've switched to Banana Boat Aloe vera gel now anyway - it's much cheaper and seems to be doing the job. I read somewhere that a lot of people like the organic aloe vera from Holland and Barrett but I found that it slid off my face and made a mess everywhere. If money were no object, I'd keep buying the Nuface stuff but I'd rather save the cash and put it towards my next device.

Reactions: 5
I’m now obsessed with the Clarisonic Mia Prima brush thing that came with my Current Body LED mask…I stopped bothering with my skin the last few months tbh and it was pretty bad, I constantly had one stress spot at any time and just looked really dull etc. In the space of about a week my skin looks amazing again, hard to say exactly what has done it as I’ve also been using the hyaluronic acid that came in my mask pack and swapped my cleanser to a La Roche Posay one.
Unrelated to gadgets but has anyone tried the red peeling face mask from The Ordinary? I used it the other day and it was horrendous, I took it off after 5 minutes because it was stinging so much and it left my face red for hours!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.