Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got the Smoothskin Pure and I used it pretty much all over down there 😬 it’s a stubborn area and I wasn’t always consistent enough with it but I have absolutely no hairs on the outside of my underwear area now and the triangle bit grows back really slowly and is a lot softer and finer. Further down it maybe grows back a bit slower and not as coarse but it’s not much of a difference. However if you were consistent you might get results. I always used mine on its lowest setting.
I will add that years ago I always used to get it all waxed off and if I ever shaved it would be so itchy and horrible. It’s not like that anymore so even the little I’ve done has made a difference.
Is this device ok for people with dark skin?

Used my Nuface fix for the first time tonight and tbh I'm not keen on the sensation. I felt my eye twitching and hated how it felt on my forehead.

I haven't used my Nuface mini yet but does anybody else not enjoy the sensations?

On a side note I've used my Currentbody LED mask for 3 days and I swear after day one I could already see a difference in plumpness
A Fix was going to be my next potential purchase...not sure I like the sound of the twitchy eye though! Do you think you had enough of the serum on? I have the mini and use it on the highest setting - I only feel anything if I've not put enough gel on (can always feel a bit of zapping around the hairline but not enough to bother me).

Re the CB LED mask - mine arrived on Friday, I've used it 5 times and I can see a difference already too. Skin tone looks more even and yes, I think plumper too. Really pleased.

Reactions: 4
Used my Nuface fix for the first time tonight and tbh I'm not keen on the sensation. I felt my eye twitching and hated how it felt on my forehead.

I haven't used my Nuface mini yet but does anybody else not enjoy the sensations?

On a side note I've used my Currentbody LED mask for 3 days and I swear after day one I could already see a difference in plumpness
What serum did you use with the NuFace fix? It's not meant to be used on the forehead, it's more for eyes and fine lines around the mouth

Reactions: 4
A Fix was going to be my next potential purchase...not sure I like the sound of the twitchy eye though! Do you think you had enough of the serum on? I have the mini and use it on the highest setting - I only feel anything if I've not put enough gel on (can always feel a bit of zapping around the hairline but not enough to bother me).

Re the CB LED mask - mine arrived on Friday, I've used it 5 times and I can see a difference already too. Skin tone looks more even and yes, I think plumper too. Really pleased.
Ahhh, ok. Maybe I didn’t use enough serum. That makes sense

What serum did you use with the NuFace fix? It's not meant to be used on the forehead, it's more for eyes and fine lines around the mouth
I used the serum that came with the fix but somebody mentioned maybe I didn’t use enough serum.
I did wonder if it was supposed to be on the forehead above the eyes but in the Currentbody video the demonstrator used it there.
I think I’ll stick to eye and mouth

Reactions: 1
With the Mini I have to use it on a lower setting on the forehead than everywhere else. It's very twangy there (technical term).

Reactions: 3
Aldi have a Nuface knock off for £25 if anyone fancies a go without shelling out £100+ for the OG.

Reactions: 9
How did you get on with your mini? I hope I’m not making up that it broke?
It did break, but I was using it almost nightly for a while there. I like it. I'm hoping they'll send me a replacement- just playing email tennis with them now!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes, and they're "innocently" asking me for the warranty card, and there isn't one, so I don't like my chances much.

They should be fine with the serial number and proof of purchase. The second time mine was playing up after they replaced (within 2 weeks) they fooled around for weeks and then told me to take it up with nuface and ghosted me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Aldi have a Nuface knock off for £25 if anyone fancies a go without shelling out £100+ for the OG.
Hi everyone, ordered this last night. It's rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, but I'll let you know how I get on.

Reactions: 7
I've just added the nuface mini and fix to my collection, having gone a bit mad earlier in the year and bought a smoothskin and a currentbody LED mask. The smoothskin worked really well when I consistently used it for six weeks but I've not used it for about two months now, I really need to get back into it! I like the LED mask but don't use that consistently enough either so I'm not sure why I've shelled out for the nuface (I do, it was for the free cult beauty goody bag) - I've used it every day for a week so far and I can see an immediate difference but not sure if I'm too young to notice any major results longer term or if it'll just be a prevention type thing. The fix is great for under eyes immediate after use - my concealer goes on much smoother so I think I'm going to try and use that in the mornings before work and then use the LED mask and nuface mini of an evening when I can be bothered (I've been off this week so it's been easier to find the time!)

I’m considering getting the Aldi nuface dupe. What gel primer do people recommend?
I'm using the nuface branded one because it came with the device but I wash it off straight after so I do not plan on replacing it when I'm out! I've just ordered this to try: Amazon product but any ultrasound gel should allow the microcurrent to get through (and loads of people say normal aloe vera gel works too but I'd rather be sure it's working)

edit: I don't think my amazon link has worked. it's anagel ultrasound gel, £3.95 for 250ml

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.