Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a Clarisonic Mia 2 and as far as I know, they have gone out of business as I was unable to get replacement brush heads. So I switched to the Foreo Luna.

Reactions: 4
I had a Clarisonic Mia 2 and as far as I know, they have gone out of business as I was unable to get replacement brush heads. So I switched to the Foreo Luna.
I have the Foreo Luna 3 for sensitive skin and it is a joy to use without disturbing my skin. I really notice the difference if I stop using it for a few days.

Reactions: 5
I have the Foreo Luna 3 for sensitive skin and it is a joy to use without disturbing my skin. I really notice the difference if I stop using it for a few days.
That's the one I have 😊 My face doesn't feel clean to me if I don't use it, I love it

Reactions: 3
The Aldi Nuface has arrived, got the amazon gel too. It has reminded me I've got another face zapper somewhere, must dig it out and see what it promised, obviously didn't work as it's in the drawer of doom, mostly hair gadgets.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have also purchased the Aldi NuFace after reading this thread (I also bought the UFO a couple of months ago, again, based on this thread). I'm going to try with aloe vera gel though.

Reactions: 2
My Aldi nuface arrived this morning too. I’m excited to try it. Anyone got a decent video on how best to use it?

Reactions: 1
I have also purchased the Aldi NuFace after reading this thread (I also bought the UFO a couple of months ago, again, based on this thread). I'm going to try with aloe vera gel though.
I get on very well with the Holland & Barrett aloe vera gel - not the Dr Organics one which I found a bit irritating but the ordinary one that comes in a light green tube or pump. It's quite cheap and often on special offer.

I had a terrible reaction to the Holland and Barrett alone vera gel. I tried a bland ultrasound gel from Amazon and while it wasn't irritating it was a bit too thick and didn't feel as nice as the Nuface primer gel. I use the ultrasound gel with my Nuface body (when I bother to use it, that is) and the Nuface on my face. I don't spend as much on skincare these days and have scaled back so I can justify the extra expense

Unrelated to gadgets but has anyone tried the red peeling face mask from The Ordinary? I used it the other day and it was horrendous, I took it off after 5 minutes because it was stinging so much and it left my face red for hours!
Yes, I use it every so often and it does get better. I have very sensitive skin and I can just about do 10 minutes now and my skin looks so much better afterwards.

Reactions: 1
I am so confused it doesn't real do much like beep ect so I don't know if I am doing this right

Generally you won't feel anything if you have enough gel on. For a video I'd say just look at the Nuface trinity video

Thanks I was like am I doing this right my face was full of gel lol
I was the same until I touched a bit of skin that didn’t have gel and then you realise…you’d deffo rather not feel it 🥴

Yes, I use it every so often and it does get better. I have very sensitive skin and I can just about do 10 minutes now and my skin looks so much better afterwards.
How often do you use it? I’m reluctant to try again tbh!

My Aldi nuface arrived this morning too. I’m excited to try it. Anyone got a decent video on how best to use it?
There's a good video on the basic NuFace routine on the Current Body website. There are a number of videos on YouTube doing more advanced routines. There's one by HotandFlashy I'd recommend.

I was the same until I touched a bit of skin that didn’t have gel and then you realise…you’d deffo rather not feel it 🥴

How often do you use it? I’m reluctant to try again tbh!
Probably about once a month, I should try to do it more often but I forget!

Unrelated to gadgets but has anyone tried the red peeling face mask from The Ordinary? I used it the other day and it was horrendous, I took it off after 5 minutes because it was stinging so much and it left my face red for hours!
I love this stuff. I probably use it once a fortnight. And once a month I do dermaplaning then use this AHA solution, then serums after. It probably only stings me in the last minute or so, I leave it on for 10 and have oily skin.
I had read that some people had a reaction to it; some info here.

"Beauty products that have alpha-hydroxy acids can cause problems for some people, like redness, swelling, blisters, and itching -- especially with products that have an AHA level over 10%.
Retin-A wrinkle creams and serums can also cause irritant contact dermatitis in some people.
Many people have "sunscreen sensitivity." For them, almost all sun-protection products can cause a dermatitis-type reaction."

I've just bought the Ordinary Lactic Acid (as can't use the AHA in pregnancy) so going to try that as a gentler alternative.

My Aldi NuFace arrived today too! It’s saying to charge it for 24 hours, but that seems a long time? I bought the gel from Amazon following a link from this thread. Excited to use it!

I'd recommend just doing the nuface recommended routines. there's one here:

My Aldi NuFace arrived today too! It’s saying to charge it for 24 hours, but that seems a long time? I bought the gel from Amazon following a link from this thread. Excited to use it!
damn, I should have used an affiliate link 😅

I love this stuff. I probably use it once a fortnight. And once a month I do dermaplaning then use this AHA solution, then serums after. It probably only stings me in the last minute or so, I leave it on for 10 and have oily skin.
I had read that some people had a reaction to it; some info here.

"Beauty products that have alpha-hydroxy acids can cause problems for some people, like redness, swelling, blisters, and itching -- especially with products that have an AHA level over 10%.
Retin-A wrinkle creams and serums can also cause irritant contact dermatitis in some people.
Many people have "sunscreen sensitivity." For them, almost all sun-protection products can cause a dermatitis-type reaction."

I've just bought the Ordinary Lactic Acid (as can't use the AHA in pregnancy) so going to try that as a gentler alternative.
I really like the ordinary lactic as a daily serum

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.