Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a Smoothskin Bare whilst it’s on offer! Obviously during lockdown last year, I couldn’t go for my wax and then the lady I went to closed her business due to finances 😢
So, I’ve been shaving ever since, but I always end up with a rash down below, no matter what I try. What is this like for using? I normally have a Hollywood, but I’m guessing you can’t use this for doing that? 🤣
I’ve got the Smoothskin Pure and I used it pretty much all over down there 😬 it’s a stubborn area and I wasn’t always consistent enough with it but I have absolutely no hairs on the outside of my underwear area now and the triangle bit grows back really slowly and is a lot softer and finer. Further down it maybe grows back a bit slower and not as coarse but it’s not much of a difference. However if you were consistent you might get results. I always used mine on its lowest setting.
I will add that years ago I always used to get it all waxed off and if I ever shaved it would be so itchy and horrible. It’s not like that anymore so even the little I’ve done has made a difference.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thanks girls! I’ve been reading up on it and googling all the scientific names for my lady bits 😂

• Haha
I felt like such a child when I read which bits not to use it on. I was sniggering out loud, only the dogs judging me 🤣
Same! I had to take a screenshot of a vagina pointing to all names! I mean, who knew there were so many parts 😂
ETA: can’t believe I’ve just typed out the word ‘vagina’ 🤢🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I watched a video on youtube about the Currentbody LED mask, and they mentioned that if you use a sheetmask underneath make sure it’s transparent otherwise the red light can’t do it’s work 😊

Reactions: 4
I know its not strictly a skin tool

But does anyone have a hair waver? Ive got shoulder length hair.

Can anyone recommend one?

Ehrmagherd, my Nuface Mini has died. I hope they will repair or exchange it!
If you got it from Current Body they'll replace it if within the 2 year warranty period. In fact, they replaced mine which was slightly over the 2 years when it died.

Oh god! Mine died after 2 weeks, then they sent me another which was never quite right
If you got it from Current Body do tell them if it's not working properly. I've bought several devices from them and always find the customer service really good.

• Heart
I bought mine from Lookfantastic, so I’m not holding my breath for a good outcome, but you never know.

I bought mine from Lookfantastic, so I’m not holding my breath for a good outcome, but you never know.
I got mine from there too. They replaced the first one but then once the second one wasn’t playing ball they wouldn’t really help again

Hi guys. Would a creamy cleanser like the Cerave hydrating cleanser work with foreo?
Only one way to find out! It won’t do any harm to try it. I’ve only used the Cerave creamy foaming cleanser so far, but I don’t see why the hydrating one wouldn’t work, you just won’t get the foaming action. I’m sure you can use any cleanser you like, although personally I wouldn’t use anything like a balm or oily texture.

Reactions: 1
Hi guys. Would a creamy cleanser like the Cerave hydrating cleanser work with foreo?
If you mean the Foreo Luna, yes it would!

Any cleanser would work except exfoliating ones- I wouldn't use those because the Luna is already exfoliating so it would be too much

Reactions: 2
So, I used my Smoothskin pure last night and have a couple of questions as they answers seem to differ when I Google!
How soon after shaving should I use it? Some people are saying at least 4 hours after and another site is saying 12-15 hours after!
Do you shave between using it each week or just before using it again?
Thanks!

So, I used my Smoothskin pure last night and have a couple of questions as they answers seem to differ when I Google!
How soon after shaving should I use it? Some people are saying at least 4 hours after and another site is saying 12-15 hours after!
Do you shave between using it each week or just before using it again?
Thanks!
I just shaved my legs and then used it. The instructions are not very detailed and don't say to wait so I just went ahead. I can't remember if I shaved in between. I actually stopped using it after 3 or 4 sessions - that was mid May - and I'm only getting significant regrowth now. I'm going to restart the 12 weeks this weekend and do a few different areas.

Thanks so much for the tips on Foreo luna.
These days my hair feels very sticky, moisturised but sticky. I wonder if it needs protein. How do you alternate between protein and moisture?

And lastly, I want to grow out my hair...my hair grows super fast but it also grows with split ends. Nicky Lazou said we should be trimming every 4-8 weeks but I'm concerned if that will take away all the growth

Used my Nuface fix for the first time tonight and tbh I'm not keen on the sensation. I felt my eye twitching and hated how it felt on my forehead.

I haven't used my Nuface mini yet but does anybody else not enjoy the sensations?

On a side note I've used my Currentbody LED mask for 3 days and I swear after day one I could already see a difference in plumpness

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.