Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for sharing. Just ordered the H2O, Cannabis seed and Honey masks!
I ordered a few and also I realised we can use the extra mask serum for another mask just seen it in a youtube tutorial

Reactions: 1
I have decided to repurpose my Aduro LED mask, I have never really gotten into the groove with using it but don't want to waste it so I've decided to use it for hair instead. This morning I put the straps on my chin and used it as a cap. Will see how it goes!

Reactions: 8
Ladies, I caved and bought a UFO 2.

Arrived today, charged up, went to link it but when I hold my finger on the power button for 5 secs nothing happens.

HELP

Eek, I don’t know!

Mine went a bit haywire the other day but I haven’t had any issues with connecting it.

I did have to upload proof of purchase to the app before I could connect it - have you done that?

Have you downloaded the app and connected it via that? You need to do that first to use it... check your Bluetooth on? Mine sometimes doesn't link properly and I just need to find it via the app

Ladies, I caved and bought a UFO 2.

Arrived today, charged up, went to link it but when I hold my finger on the power button for 5 secs nothing happens.

HELP

Have you downloaded the app? I charged mine, downloaded the app, registered it, got mega confused 🥴 then had a crack and I was away!

Have you downloaded the app? I charged mine, downloaded the app, registered it, got mega confused 🥴 then had a crack and I was away!
I also had to go to select a treatment first then follow the instructions... does that work when it tells you to hold down the button?

The website Skin City - which sells Foreo amongst other, mainly 'cosmeceutical', brands - has 20% off everything this week plus free shipping to the UK and Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks so much for the tip @Aude - I see they sell Medik8 and I’m just back on their retinal 6 & 10 to build myself up to proper tretinoin again as I took a year off. Perfect timing!

If anyone wanted to know how I’m getting on with my Light Salon LED mask, I flippin’ love it! It actually does leave a mark on my nose annoyingly, but it fades quickly. Obviously only had it for a few days and it’s not an instant results kind of tool, although I would say my skin looks really even, bright and “lit from within” at the moment. I thank the UFO for that also!

A random question for everyone - does anyone use any special face towels? I don’t mean a wash cloth, more what you dry off your skin with. I read a thing about the Sensore antibacterial towels and now I really want them, but they’re quite pricy for a towel. Is it worth it?

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the heads up @Aude - ordered two new sets of UFO masks! I've gone for h2overdose and manuka honey which are both new to me, so looking forward to trying them.

Reactions: 4
Hi does anyone have any thoughts on led infra red light boxes like these https://carelamps.com/collections/red-light-therapy

I’m late 40s and as well as an aging face my body is falling to bits

I’d initially been coveting a nu face for my slack jowls and a current body mask for my wrinkles now I’m wondering about one of these as I could try it on painful joints as well as face, but are they rubbish

Reactions: 2
Hi does anyone have any thoughts on led infra red light boxes like these https://carelamps.com/collections/red-light-therapy

I’m late 40s and as well as an aging face my body is falling to bits

I’d initially been coveting a nu face for my slack jowls and a current body mask for my wrinkles now I’m wondering about one of these as I could try it on painful joints as well as face, but are they rubbish
I am far from an expert, but from a quick glance, they look like they’re a similar output to the Currentbody mask and the Light Salon mask, which as I understand it are both at the lowest “clinically proven” level of red and near infrared lights to actively work on wrinkles. I have no idea what it can do for joints, so no idea if it’s helpful or not - maybe you need to look at the research a bit more on that?

I’m not sure if I could be bothered with standing in front of it every day?! A mask and neck attachment is so much easier. I’d also personally prefer some sort of eye protection - does it come with goggles?

I’d also be concerned about where to store it and use it - again, a silicone mask just feels more practical to me, and I find I can do other stuff when I’m wearing it. Not keen on the idea of hanging a box version off a door like in the photos!

Ultimately I suppose it’s up to what you are wanting to get from the product and what you’re willing to spend.

I am younger than you so ymmv, but for fine lines and general signs of ageing, personally I’m thrilled with the results from my current combo of the Light Salon LED mask, Magnitone Lift Off (similar to the Nu Face) and a regular skin care routine that includes vit c, acid exfoliation and retinal (so much so that I haven’t bothered booking in for my annual baby botox!!).

Reactions: 6
Ok i feel like finding this thread is DANGEROUS. I’d seen some influencers advertising this ufo2, now i’m gonna need someone to tell me why I need it and what it does please hahaha?
I had a foreo mini 2 i think it is which I do like!

Reactions: 7
I just finished yet another box of the blue hydrating masks…I need a subscription or something 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok i feel like finding this thread is DANGEROUS. I’d seen some influencers advertising this ufo2, now i’m gonna need someone to tell me why I need it and what it does please hahaha?
I had a foreo mini 2 i think it is which I do like!
If you’ve got some time to kill, have a look back through this thread and the one before it as it’s covered quite extensively. It’s interesting that you say influencers aren’t shilling it now. I imagine the affiliate links are very profitable.

I just finished yet another box of the blue hydrating masks…I need a subscription or something 😬
The H2Overdose ones? I used one yesterday. They’re so good!

Reactions: 2
I am far from an expert, but from a quick glance, they look like they’re a similar output to the Currentbody mask and the Light Salon mask, which as I understand it are both at the lowest “clinically proven” level of red and near infrared lights to actively work on wrinkles. I have no idea what it can do for joints, so no idea if it’s helpful or not - maybe you need to look at the research a bit more on that?

I’m not sure if I could be bothered with standing in front of it every day?! A mask and neck attachment is so much easier. I’d also personally prefer some sort of eye protection - does it come with goggles?

I’d also be concerned about where to store it and use it - again, a silicone mask just feels more practical to me, and I find I can do other stuff when I’m wearing it. Not keen on the idea of hanging a box version off a door like in the photos!

Ultimately I suppose it’s up to what you are wanting to get from the product and what you’re willing to spend.

I am younger than you so ymmv, but for fine lines and general signs of ageing, personally I’m thrilled with the results from my current combo of the Light Salon LED mask, Magnitone Lift Off (similar to the Nu Face) and a regular skin care routine that includes vit c, acid exfoliation and retinal (so much so that I haven’t bothered booking in for my annual baby botox!!).
So is the Magnitone Liftoff just as good as nuface mini and bear I’m tempted as it’s cheaper

So is the Magnitone Liftoff just as good as nuface mini and bear I’m tempted as it’s cheaper
But I’m 47 is it too late for micro current is it radio frequency I need? If so which I’m never going to using anything that takes longer than 5/10 mins session

Last edited:

But I’m 47 is it too late for micro current is it radio frequency I need? If so which I’m never going to using anything that takes longer than 5/10 mins session
I’m afraid I haven’t used the Nuface or Bear, so couldn’t compare it, but I’m personally happy with the results I’ve seen from the Lift Off. It definitely has the ability to firm and contour when used regularly, and I feel in combination with everything else I use, I don’t really have any fine lines.

I don’t think it’s too late for anything! Never too late. Consistency is key, so I think the main thing is to only buy things you know you will consistently use… I find if it’s too much of a faff to fit into my day, I won’t bother, and you won’t see any results from stuff you don’t use regularly.

Reactions: 3
My partner keeps asking to use my UFO, he’s obsessed with it. Anything gadget-y and he wants in! I told him he can’t use it anymore unless he buys me more masks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.