Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok i feel like finding this thread is DANGEROUS. I’d seen some influencers advertising this ufo2, now i’m gonna need someone to tell me why I need it and what it does please hahaha?
I had a foreo mini 2 i think it is which I do like!
For me, I'd say the UFO2 (with the masks I use) makes my skin look fresher and plumper. A bit glowy perhaps. And the effect seems to last.

I didn't think it was a device I needed - partly because I don't use sheet masks or have facials (which the UFO can sort of replace) but also because I have a good daily skincare routine and thought that my skin texture couldn't be improved.

It wouldn't be top of my list of cosmetic devices - Nuface and an LED mask do more for my particular needs - but I use it when I want to look my best and it does make a differene.

Reactions: 8
Influencers are so behind on this one- I've been using it *for years* as influencers themselves might say

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But I’m 47 is it too late for micro current is it radio frequency I need? If so which I’m never going to using anything that takes longer than 5/10 mins session
I'm in my 60s and have found that microcurrent - Nuface Mini - helps to firm my lower face (I don't use it on my forehead). You do need to commit to using it regularly though - five times a week initially.

My limited understanding of radio frequency devices is that the treatment session takes longer. Looking at the information about the Newa it says divide the face into 6 areas and treat each of the areas for 4 minutes. I thought the upside was that you only used it once a week (like the Sensilift) but it says 'Use the device 5 times a week for 1 month for best results'.

Reactions: 2
So I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I'm pretty underwhelmed by my UFO2. No visible difference after using and I don't like that you are tied to keep buying their masks.

I actually have a very similar device which, in my opinion, is superior because you can use it is with any product - be it a cleanser, serum, moisturiser and so on.

Linked below in case anyone wants to check it out.

Reactions: 4
So I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I'm pretty underwhelmed by my UFO2. No visible difference after using and I don't like that you are tied to keep buying their masks.

I actually have a very similar device which, in my opinion, is superior because you can use it is with any product - be it a cleanser, serum, moisturiser and so on.

I’m the same tbh. I love the concept of it and I do like using it but it hasn’t really made any difference to my skin, however I think I have problematic skin so I’m not blaming it on the UFO. I’ve stopped using it for a while as I’m trying to simplify my skin care at the moment in a bid to find out what works for me, think I was guilty before of trying too many products a couple of times and then moaning about not seeing results. Was buying anything I saw recommended somewhere and it was getting silly and expensive. I’m going to keep my ufo though as I’d like to use it again in future for the pampering side of it and I think the cooling feature will be nice in summer but I probably wouldn’t at the moment replace it if it broke.

Reactions: 1
I’m the same tbh. I love the concept of it and I do like using it but it hasn’t really made any difference to my skin, however I think I have problematic skin so I’m not blaming it on the UFO. I’ve stopped using it for a while as I’m trying to simplify my skin care at the moment in a bid to find out what works for me, think I was guilty before of trying too many products a couple of times and then moaning about not seeing results. Was buying anything I saw recommended somewhere and it was getting silly and expensive. I’m going to keep my ufo though as I’d like to use it again in future for the pampering side of it and I think the cooling feature will be nice in summer but I probably wouldn’t at the moment replace it if it broke.
For me with the UFO it was all about finding which masks suited my skin. I was super underwhelmed when I first used it with the night masks, the shimmer ones the same. I don’t think it’s changed my life but it certainly makes my skin glow when I need it to

Reactions: 9
For me with the UFO it was all about finding which masks suited my skin. I was super underwhelmed when I first used it with the night masks, the shimmer ones the same. I don’t think it’s changed my life but it certainly makes my skin glow when I need it to
I haven’t tried all of them yet, one I really want to try is Youth Junkie, but have tried most of them. I always looked really red and almost blotchy after using any of them sadly. I stopped because I worried I was just overloading my skin with too many products so I’ve really stripped it back a bit, still early days though. I won’t give up on the UFO completely but I think my skin was just getting too stressed with me constantly throwing something on it. I wish it wasn’t such a guessing game for me!

I haven’t tried all of them yet, one I really want to try is Youth Junkie, but have tried most of them. I always looked really red and almost blotchy after using any of them sadly. I stopped because I worried I was just overloading my skin with too many products so I’ve really stripped it back a bit, still early days though. I won’t give up on the UFO completely but I think my skin was just getting too stressed with me constantly throwing something on it. I wish it wasn’t such a guessing game for me!
Yeah that makes sense. Because of lockdown I don’t use mine that much. But youth junkie is defo my favourite

Reactions: 3

You can use the UFO2 with other serums etc and tailor the settings. Obviously they recommend you use the masks but I have used it on top of a different sheet mask too.

I have to return the Tripollar pose as it stopped turning on. So annoying, I think it was working and I really enjoyed using it

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi does anyone have any thoughts on led infra red light boxes like these https://carelamps.com/collections/red-light-therapy

I’m late 40s and as well as an aging face my body is falling to bits

I’d initially been coveting a nu face for my slack jowls and a current body mask for my wrinkles now I’m wondering about one of these as I could try it on painful joints as well as face, but are they rubbish
I’m never going to use anything 5 times a week realistically and I’m tight so I went for a £95 SilknFacetite as I was interested in red led and infrared anyway and radio frequency sounded canny too yes it’ll be best part of an hour twice a week but it’ll be sitting Corrie and east Enders and I figured I can handle something <100 not doing much

it’s a start lol

Reactions: 5

Interesting device! I don't think I need it as I have an LED mask as well as the UFO2 (which I do like) but I like the idea/versatility.

I am finding my UFO2 great for pre-social occasions or where I know a photo might be taken. Or after I've seen some sun to cool off the skin.

I’m never going to use anything 5 times a week realistically and I’m tight so I went for a £95 SilknFacetite as I was interested in red led and infrared anyway and radio frequency sounded canny too yes it’ll be best part of an hour twice a week but it’ll be sitting Corrie and east Enders and I figured I can handle something <100 not doing much

it’s a start lol
I had been thinking about leaving my nuface and the gel on the side table near my sofa for TV show device use. Now you've convinced me. Thank you!

Trying something out at a more affordable price to see if you like it sounds like a great move. Let us know how you go!

Reactions: 5
I have mixed feelings about the UFO2, and if there wasn't a pandemic I don't think I'd have bought one. (I'm definitely doing that thing where I use skincare to tune out a bit.) The UFO2 is absolutely far too expensive; I think it should be maybe £70 max. However, I do find it very relaxing to use, and my skin is really happy these days, so I'm glad I have it.

I'm back to using my NuFace again, and am working my way through SATC from the beginning to pass the time :D . It takes me back to simpler times (although I know not all of it stands up to scrutiny now.)

Reactions: 6
Researching microcurrent I came across headaches racing heartbeat metallic taste teeth issues, can lie I was put off I didn’t look after my teeth enough when I was young and have a lot of old amalgam molar fillings they aren’t causing be any problem plus I’ve just finished £2800 Invisalign so I don’t want to upset the Apple cart!!

But how rare are these, have any of you had problems when using these devices

Yeah I sometimes get a metallic taste (also no fillings). I had read the same about headaches so don't use my nuface if I have had a bad headache or migraine recently, or if I know I am experiencing/will experience a migraine trigger (acute stress, barometric changes etc).

I have some old amalgam fillings but have never had a metallic taste when using Nuface. Nor headaches (but I don't use it on my forehead) nor racing heartbeat. I wouldn't have thought that experiencing a metallic taste would have an adverse effect on the teeth.

I’ve only had one issue with my microcurrent device when I let my hand accidentally slip (tired) and touched my earrings with it!

Just a very slight shock was felt 😂 I would recommend removing jewellery before using any device.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.