Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have fillings and no issues with the NuFace. I also accidently touched it to an earring - would not recommend! I always take jewellery off now.

Reactions: 1
No issues with the Nuface and fillings here either!

Decided to use a manuka honey UFO mask today and I can't get over how good my skin looks

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone had a replacement from CurrentBody before? I don’t think my NuFace is working 🙁

It lights up but I’m not getting the same sensation as I usually do.

@under the ivy i had 2 nuface replaced after they stopped working and the last one gave me v bad headaches and sensitive teeth to the point where I gave it up. I do think maybe they are inconsistent standard wise?

I shied from ufo 2 prices, but my ufo has seen so many uses. I have v problematic dry/dehydrated sensitive skin, and honestly, it’s been well worth the cost. I do wonder if other skin types would see such a drastic difference. In winter it was a godsend.

Reactions: 3
@under the ivy i had 2 nuface replaced after they stopped working and the last one gave me v bad headaches and sensitive teeth to the point where I gave it up. I do think maybe they are inconsistent standard wise?

I shied from ufo 2 prices, but my ufo has seen so many uses. I have v problematic dry/dehydrated sensitive skin, and honestly, it’s been well worth the cost. I do wonder if other skin types would see such a drastic difference. In winter it was a godsend.
I was the same, opted for the ufo rather than the 2 because of the price, even though I’ve spent the price difference and more on flippin’ masks! It’s been amazing for me and I think for my dry skin it’s been well worth it.

Reactions: 5
Well the SilknFacetite arrived and I’ve used it twice. It’s very easy plug it in the top is prob 3cm2 you put goop on and spread it on an area of your face for 10-15 mins splitting your face & neck in 4/5 areas. Its just hot but not in a bad way quite relaxing really. I made a little water spray as the goop dries in one area in 5 mins but rather than use more goop a quick spritz helps it spread again

I’ll report back after the 10 weeks are up

Reactions: 4
How are people getting on with the Smoothskin Pure? I did my first session yesterday. It felt a bit prickly at times. I just did my lower legs to start but would like to do more areas as I get the hang of it.
Sorry I’m a bit late to this. I bought a Smoothskin Bare+ a couple of weeks ago and I’ve noticed after 3 sessions that my under arm hair is already starting to die off! I’ve been testing the hairs with tweezers (just a gentle pull not trying to pull them out) and about a 1/3 of them fall out straight away.
I’m impressed so far!

Reactions: 10
I can’t remember if I posted but my NuFace broke. It lit up but I didn’t feel any sensation whereas I always feel a pinching feeling. CurrentBody have been great. Emailed me a pre-paid return sticker and have sent me a replacement device which is arriving today! I’ve missed using it!

Reactions: 8
I can’t remember if I posted but my NuFace broke. It lit up but I didn’t feel any sensation whereas I always feel a pinching feeling. CurrentBody have been great. Emailed me a pre-paid return sticker and have sent me a replacement device which is arriving today! I’ve missed using it!
Oh that sucks! But so glad to hear more positive things about CurrentBody. I have bought two devices through them now and its reassuring to know they're reliable if things go wrong.

Reactions: 2
I’m having a consultation today regarding the possibility of fraxel treatments and also removing a skin tag I have near my eye. I shall report back!

Reactions: 7
I've always had good service from CurrentBody. When my NuFace stopped working they replaced it, even though it was (slightly) beyond the two-year guarantee period and they were not obliged to replace it.

Reactions: 4
I’m having a consultation today regarding the possibility of fraxel treatments and also removing a skin tag I have near my eye. I shall report back!
Oh yes please do! I have a skin tag on my neck I’d like to get removed one day, do they laser them off?

Reporting back!

So, I have mixed reviews on my consultation today.

I went to discuss my options with a focus on Fraxel because although I have pretty decent skin, I have a couple of problems that just aren’t being shifted with regular skin care: I have some mild redness on my checks (kind of like a gateway to rosacea) which I keep from getting worse, but ideally I’d like to eliminate it as much as poss.

I also have a couple of old milia which just haven’t shifted, and a skin tag right by my eye that bothers the hell out of me.

I was told my skin is in good shape generally and therefore really doesn’t need fraxel, which is totally fair enough… but instead, she’s recommending a salicylic acid peel. Now, I’m sure it’s stronger than what we use at home but I just think if I’ve been using decent salicylic acid products for YEARS and not gotten rid of old millia etc, would it really help?

We will be doing some advanced electrolysis on my skin tag (and any milia left behind) which I’m very excited about. Overall it’s waaaay cheaper than even one laser treatment, so it’s not like I think they’re trying to rinse me or anything, I’m just not convinced that it will be enough. Also total side note, but she was 10 mins late to the consultation and I could hear her chatting away on her phone in the other room and it pissed me off a bit! I went to her through a glowing recommendation, too!

Anyways, anyone had a professional salicylic acid peel? Would you recommend?

I don't always feel anything with mine and I have it on the high setting...I'm assuming it works ok as it feels a bit zappy when I go near the hairline?! I'm still really pleased with it though, I've had it for a couple of months now. Skin looks nice and fresh and I do think the lines on my forehead are softer (but they weren't horrendous before). Just thought I'd post this ramble for anyone on the fence about getting one 😂

I don't always feel anything with mine and I have it on the high setting...I'm assuming it works ok as it feels a bit zappy when I go near the hairline?! I'm still really pleased with it though, I've had it for a couple of months now. Skin looks nice and fresh and I do think the lines on my forehead are softer (but they weren't horrendous before). Just thought I'd post this ramble for anyone on the fence about getting one 😂
Yeah I didn’t feel the zappy version at all! It just stopped working. I used my new one tonight and it deffo worked

Yeah I didn’t feel the zappy version at all! It just stopped working. I used my new one tonight and it deffo worked
Good to know that CB took it back ok as that's where I got mine from too. Glad you have the zappiness back!

So, for my next device (I blame this thread for this new addiction!) should I get an LED mask or the UFO??? Concerns are ageing - lines and redness around the nose/cheek area. The latter is easily concealed with make up so not too bad but I would like to get rid if possible. Any thoughts? Also, if recommending LED mask, which one do I get? I'm a bit too broke for the Dennis Gross one atm but if it is brilliant will happily wait and save for it. I've seen some cheap ones out there too, but are they too good to be true?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Good to know that CB took it back ok as that's where I got mine from too. Glad you have the zappiness back!

So, for my next device (I blame this thread for this new addiction!) should I get an LED mask or the UFO??? Concerns are ageing - lines and redness around the nose/cheek area. The latter is easily concealed with make up so not too bad but I would like to get rid if possible. Any thoughts? Also, if recommending LED mask, which one do I get? I'm a bit too broke for the Dennis Gross one atm but if it is brilliant will happily wait and save for it. I've seen some cheap ones out there too, but are they too good to be true?
I think I would go LED mask over the UFO.

Goals to get Glowing wrote a great breakdown of a number of masks which helped me when I bought mine. I ended up going with The Current Body one - in the end I was deciding between that and the Light Salon mask, and the LS one wasn't in stock which made the decision easy.

Whatever one you go with check Honey as there many be a discount code out there you can use to make it a bit more affordable too!

Last edited:
The problem with LED masks is they can take 10 or 20 minutes which doesn't sound like a lot but I find it hard to slot that in on top of everything else. I wish I had gone for the Dennis Gross mask as that only takes 3 minutes, much more doable

I regret my LED mask but have never regretted my UFO!

I often wear mine while making my morning coffee and breakfast - I find I can see just enough to carry out those tasks 😅 But you're right you've got to figure out timing/where it fits in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.