Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To help with fine lines and generally slowing the tide of ageing, should I prioritise a NuFace or an LED mask? I can afford them both by the end of the year, but can only afford to buy one now and one in about 6 months.

I don’t have any particular other skin concerns, I’d just like to look good for my age as I get older.
There was a video on the last thread that @Aude posted, it was from Angie of Hot and Flashy on LED vs Nuface, Angie said that although she loves Nuface, LED has more proven anti ageing benefits

Reactions: 6
I really want to do dry body brushing! I have KP/chicken skin on the tops of my arms.
Do it! It really helped me out.

Just make sure you get a good quality brush and do it consistently to see results. Don’t press too hard, either.

Another thing that helps KP is a body lotion with AHA/BHA. If you have a facial product with those in, you could try it on a patch of your arm first for a week or so and see if it makes a difference?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow Dr Shereene Idriss on YouTube/Instagram?

I am getting addicted to her videos. Not much on beauty tools but I would love to be able to just have all the treatments she recommends.

Reactions: 1
I’ve cracked and ordered some H2Overdose masks for the UFO now. I find I’m using masks quite regularly these days, so I’m sure it’s justified 👀.

Oh, and I took @Aude ‘s advice and started watching something while using the NuFace in the evenings, which does make the time pass more quickly 😀.

Reactions: 8
Hello all
So now I have the ufo and play smart can someone tell me what's good products to use right now I cleanse tone and moisture in the day and at night I do the same but just use body moisturizer at night because I really need to find a good bedtime solution also should I add any oil to my routine is combi

Received my new RF sensilift mini today, excited to try this out. My order was meant to arrive with 1 100 ml bottle of CB RF gel but arrived with 5, and a little cotton dust bag as well. All for £139 , I feel like I've got a good deal on this as they are advertising 5 bottles at a price of £99 and one bottle is meant to be worth £30 on its own.
9569DC73-B3CD-41C6-A168-A87D33FBEE3F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Hello all
So now I have the ufo and play smart can someone tell me what's good products to use right now I cleanse tone and moisture in the day and at night I do the same but just use body moisturizer at night because I really need to find a good bedtime solution also should I add any oil to my routine is combi
What exactly is your skin type, and what are your concerns with your skin? What do you want to tackle - for example, do you want brighter skin, or more even skin tone, or more hydrated skin?

What products are you using now? Are you using an serums?

How sensitive is your skin?

I would recommend skipping the body moisturiser on your face, depending on which one it is - they’re usually formulated for thicker skin and therefore might contain too many ingredients that will make your thinner, more delicate face breakout.

You can’t really go wrong with night cream, as long as it’s not too heavy for your skin type. All the french brands (La Roche Posay, Avene etc) do good ones for different skin types.

An oil might help your skin if you need more moisture - oils are really occlusives so they “lock in” the moisture as the final step of your routine. They are best used at night, to layer on top of your serum and moisturiser.

Reactions: 3
An oil might help your skin if you need more moisture - oils are really occlusives so they “lock in” the moisture as the final step of your routine. They are best used at night, to layer on top of your serum and moisturiser.
Just to add - not all oils are occlusives. Some plant oils are great moisturisers that may require a true occlusive over the top if you have dry skin. Brilliant Lab Muffin article here on layering humectants, emollients and occlusives:

And guide to occlusives:

Yeah sorry, I suppose I meant most face oils you buy from beauty brands are formulated with occlusives like the above, so they generally sit on top of your skin. I see so many face oils with rice bran and even olive oil for example.

I would probably just buy a pure plant oil if I were looking for a truly moisturising oil (that’s what I do for my hair, actually).

Hello all
I second the reccomendation for something Drôme one of the French pharmacy brands. They’re reliable and good for sensitive skin so it’s less likely you’ll react etc. I’m currently using a La Roche Poesay toleriane one - it’s in a blue tube but the name escapes me! (Also combination skin).

In terms of oil, if you wanted to try one I’d reccomend looking for a rose hip oil or a jojoba. They’re normally moderately priced in the pharmacy. There are lots of lovely face oil blends too, but if you’re not sure if it’s for you I’d start simple and affordable. Some get crazy expensive! I really like face oils at night in the winter. Feels ‘coddling’ to use the Sali Hughes term 😆

Plus put an oil and a cheap gua sha stone from Amazon and you’ve got yourself an excellent face massage (lots of good YouTube videos on this too)

Okay I'm going to go in town tomorrow to look. My skin is normal and dry just in my wee cheeks tho. I have a rose oil I just forgot about it and found it and put it on today.

I used my UFO with a rose mask last night, did the treatment twice, massaged in the rest of the serum that was left on my face and neck then did nothing else. Went to bed. Took a night off the tretinoin. Bearing in mind my skin is pretty dry at the moment, from the tretinoin. This morning when I got up my skin was still moisturised, plump and glowing. No dry patches, no peeling patches. Nothing. It was wonderful!

I didn’t bother cleansing as I didn’t want to strip my skin and undo the benefits or look of it. I just applied some moisturiser and spf on top.
Next time I’ll get up earlier and do the mask in the morning so there’s at least a chance someone else might see my face 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For those of you who use the Lumea and are in the touch up/ maintenance phase, the maintenance phase has been changed to 4 weeks. Apparently it's based on research

For the last few days with my Nuface I've been rubbing in the leave on gel instead of rinsing it off and I really like it so far! I also used it with my bear today. At least using it as a leave on means I can now justify the extra cost.

Reactions: 4
I've been leaving the Nuface gel on too. I thought it was a bit too sticky initially, but I resented rinsing it off because it's bloody expensive. I did consider a cheaper alternative but I use it around my eyes and my skin is sensitive so I didn't want to risk it.

I thought it would be sticky but it has worked surprisingly well once I rub it in! The Ultrasound gel was bland and non irritating but was a bit too thick. Nowhere near as nice to use

I need to use my NuFace gel so I’ll use that tonight instead of my ultrasound gel. Think I’ll do a honey ufo mask as well, push the boat out!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just did the Glow Addict mask with my UFO. My skin looks like glass! I am utterly OBSESSED and I cannot thank the wonderful posters of this thread enough! I think this is going to be my go-to before an event.

In other news I am eyeing up a Sensilift thanks to you lot... any reviews?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.