Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, just want to ad that I'm a skincare junkie. However, I came across youtuber Dr Dray (Dermatologist Dr Andrea Dray) and have simplified my skincare routine with her advice. I've saved a heap of dosh and my skin has never looked better. She's a fantastic resource, and worth checking out.

Reactions: 4
Guys, just want to ad that I'm a skincare junkie. However, I came across youtuber Dr Dray (Dermatologist Dr Andrea Dray) and have simplified my skincare routine with her advice. I've saved a heap of dosh and my skin has never looked better. She's a fantastic resource, and worth checking out.
Dray (for Andrea) is her nickname - i believe her surname is Suarez. I like some of her honest vids but find the lifestyle stuff (breakfast, watch me drive to Target) a bit boring. It makes me uncomfortable how some other bloggers or whatever you call them make digs comments about her physical wellbeing.

Reactions: 5
Yes I think lots of us on this thread have pretty simple routines as far as products go (well I know I do) and use our devices to enhance things!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There are some skincare threads on this board, and I ended up having to unfollow them because I couldn't keep up. Also there's a lot of buying of "single-ingredient" stuff from The Ordinary/The Inkey List, which isn't my thing at all. That's why I like this devices thread, it's bit more specific.

That said, I haven't used my NuFace for well over a week, and I am basically a saggy old trout. FFS (at myself).

Wanted to say a huge thanks to the person who recommended the Bodyshop spf50 for the face. Doesn't make my skin oily and smells nice. Highly recommend for anybody wanting to give it a try.
Btw if anybody wants the Vichy SPF50, I've only used it twice, dm me and I will post it. Seems a shame to waste it

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have the Boots/No7 LED mask? Would you recommend it if so? My mum has been dropping hints about LED masks so I was thinking of going half on one with my dad for her birthday. I know a few people have the Current Body one but it's a wee bit pricey, although I might keep an eye out for a black Friday deal.

Just seen this about Botox in the Observer

This seemed to me another of those alarmist articles about cosmetic procedures. According to this, the highest number of bad reactions is bruising. Well, yes, you can get a tiny bruise from a Botox injection (or any injection) - and I often have - but I would never have considered it a 'bad reaction'.

Alice Hart-Davis posted an Instagram video the other day of her getting Botox and talking it through with the doctor. It seemed to me a very fair account - not at all over-selling it nor minimising the potential problems.

This seemed to me another of those alarmist articles about cosmetic procedures. According to this, the highest number of bad reactions is bruising. Well, yes, you can get a tiny bruise from a Botox injection (or any injection) - and I often have - but I would never have considered it a 'bad reaction'.

Alice Hart-Davis posted an Instagram video the other day of her getting Botox and talking it through with the doctor. It seemed to me a very fair account - not at all over-selling it nor minimising the potential problems.
Looking at the lady in the articles eyes, I wonder if they would have aged like that regardless of the botox. When I had botox (in my forehead), my eyelids, which are unfortunately a little on the hooded side anyway, looked heavier for a while. I had been warned this may happen and when the botox wore off slightly after a few weeks, I was really happy with the overall result. I'd had it previously with a different practitioner, who used less botox and I didn't notice a difference to my eyelids, although, as you'd expect, the botox wore off much faster. I know some people say that they can get an eye lift from botox, but both practitioners (who I had researched throughly) advised me that would not be possible in my case.

So I’ve only been using the sensilift for three weeks, but I think I’m noticing a difference? Am I crazy? My nasolabial folds look less pronounced for sure! I’ve also been using the ufo 2 about twice a week and it’s been incredible at making my skin look more hydrated, but I do think the sensilift is effective!

I’ve bought myself a CB LED mask 🥳
I’m going to try it out tomorrow! I went for the offer with all the extra products such as the serum, cleansing stuff etc. Is this all good stuff? I’ve totally stripped back my routine and have been using Medik 8 which I’m loving, my skin is looking great at the moment. It’s all in CB packaging so just wondered on others thoughts if they used them all?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m back in love with my ufo after the snap of cold ☺ Going to get back on retinol also, as I don’t like using it in super sunny weather just in case. Think my next gift will be a CB mask, so excited for you!

I’m back in love with my ufo after the snap of cold ☺ Going to get back on retinol also, as I don’t like using it in super sunny weather just in case. Think my next gift will be a CB mask, so excited for you!
Loving my ufo at they moment too, especially before bed!

Looking at the lady in the articles eyes, I wonder if they would have aged like that regardless of the botox. When I had botox (in my forehead), my eyelids, which are unfortunately a little on the hooded side anyway, looked heavier for a while. I had been warned this may happen and when the botox wore off slightly after a few weeks, I was really happy with the overall result. I'd had it previously with a different practitioner, who used less botox and I didn't notice a difference to my eyelids, although, as you'd expect, the botox wore off much faster. I know some people say that they can get an eye lift from botox, but both practitioners (who I had researched throughly) advised me that would not be possible in my case.
I hadn't read that second part of the article until just now and I think you're right. Why would she assume it was due to Botox rather than to age-related changes? Especially as she's still got the same issue two years after stopping having Botox. Poor journalism to report her account without having an expert commenting on whether it was possible to experience Botox 'side effects' two years on.

I had a bit more time this morning so I decided to dust off my Aduro LED mask. I hate waste so it was annoying me that it's been largely ignored. Used it with a hydrogel mask and my skin does look good. That could be the mask but either way it's motivated me to use it more often. Although I say that every time!

Reactions: 2
I had a bit more time this morning so I decided to dust off my Aduro LED mask. I hate waste so it was annoying me that it's been largely ignored. Used it with a hydrogel mask and my skin does look good. That could be the mask but either way it's motivated me to use it more often. Although I say that every time!
I've started to really notice that the skin on my forehead in particular is looking so much bouncier/plumper with my Nuface and LED combo if that helps with the motivation.

• Heart
I ran out of masks for my Foreo and forgot to order for a week or so, boy did I notice a difference!

I really need to fit my Nuface back into my routine , I just find it faffy when I’m knackered at the end of the day.

I've started to really notice that the skin on my forehead in particular is looking so much bouncier/plumper with my Nuface and LED combo if that helps with the motivation.
It has helped, thank you! Have it on now

I ran out of masks for my Foreo and forgot to order for a week or so, boy did I notice a difference!

I really need to fit my Nuface back into my routine , I just find it faffy when I’m knackered at the end of the day.
I use my Nuface in the morning as personally I think that's the best time especially to get the benefits of the lifting effect

Reactions: 1
Am I the only one who isn’t that into their UFO? If I went back in time I wouldn’t buy it again, it’s nice enough but wasn’t worth the price tag. Wish I’d spent a bit more and got the LED mask instead.

• Sad
Am I the only one who isn’t that into their UFO? If I went back in time I wouldn’t buy it again, it’s nice enough but wasn’t worth the price tag. Wish I’d spent a bit more and got the LED mask instead.
There’s nothing worse than spending a lot of money then finding yourself unsatisfied , would you sell it on eBay and get some money back?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.