Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Hermes delivery guy is fab but I have often found returning things with Hermes a nightmare. At least 3 times the item has just disappeared into thin air and I’ve had to keep bugging the company I’ve been returning to until they just refund me without getting their item back.

Reactions: 3
Love love loving this thread. I got the ufo when it first came out. Loved it and then stopped using it but I’ll start again, thanks to you all 🤗 Now would you get the nuface or the LED? I’m 42, my neck is beginning to get a teeny bit creepy (spelling?!) so maybe the neck one?! And my eyes are… well 42. Ideally I would love both but which one would you get first? Thank you!!
I have the Nuface Mini and LED face and chest/neck masks. I like all three but if I had to choose one it would be the Nuface. My main concern however (loss of volume/tone in the lower face) may not be the same as yours.

If you do decide to get a Nuface, there's then the question of whether to get the Mini or the, more expensive, Trinity. I think @rosemarina has had both so may be able to advise.

Although they don't make much of it, Current Body offers a 90-day money back guarantee on all Nuface devices (as well as a 2-year guarantee).

Reactions: 2
As @Aude says, I have had both, and I do think the Trinity (bigger one) has more oomph to it, and you have the option of the other attachments too. However, I wouldn’t get into debt for the bigger one if the Mini is a better fit for your budget, as that is perfectly good too. There may be some Black Friday sales coming up too.

I agree with Aude - the Nuface. Results are cumulative but I saw a difference in how fresh my skin looked almost immediately, then in the months that followed, began to notice that my face looked smoother and more lifted. I have the Mini and wish I had bought the Trinity so that I could get the ELE attachment for the eye area. But bear in mind, whichever device you choose, you need to be using it really frequently to get results.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone compared the Nuface with the Aldi dupe? I got the Aldi dupe and wondering if maybe the reason I don’t see much/any difference is because it’s rubbish or would the Nuface give same results I’m just not doing it regularly enough or for long enough yet

Reactions: 1
Thanks guys 🤗 how often do you have to do / how long do the effects work? What’s the idea, that the muscles are being exercised and lifted?

Thanks guys 🤗 how often do you have to do / how long do the effects work? What’s the idea, that the muscles are being exercised and lifted?
I understand that it has two effects. One is to stimulate/lift the muscle very slightly. The other is to introduce energy into the skin which, apparently, helps with collagen production (and possibly cell turnover? I'm at the limits of my knowledge here).

They say to use it 5 times a week initially and then 2 to 3 times a week for maintenance. There's good information and a video about how to use it on the Current Body website. There are also some YouTube videos - I'd recommend those by HotandFlashy. As @MinnnieMouse says, you have to use it really frequently.

The effects are not dramatic or, at least, they haven't been for me. But they are sufficient to make me continue to use it regularly (every other day) and to have noticed the difference when I was without it for 10 days - whereas I've never noticed any difference from a face cream that promised 'lifting'.

I'd echo what @rosemarina says about possible Black Friday deals. At this time of year I'd probably wait to see what was on offer.

Thank you so much @Aude for all the extra info. I’ll definitely wait for Black Friday. I thought about it a lot a couple years ago and got a bit freaked out that it would do something to my face. I don’t know what! Good tip re HotandFlashy - I’ll check them out

on a side note… anyone have an eye cream that they’ve noticed really does something?

Oh I love HotandFlashy !!

Eye creams have always been hit or miss for me but I've been using the vitamin c one by Drunk Elephant for a while and I do think it works. My undereye is naturally a bit darker and nothing will change that, but I have to say it has been brighter and smoother since using it. It's pricey but I got it when Boots were doing a 20% discount a few months ago and I'm sure Space NK have done similar.

I've been using The Ordinary caffeine solution under the eye and I think it's doing something as well.

• Heart
Thanks guys, I'll try those ones out. My undereye is a bit lined / thin and is the area that gives away my age. The ones I've tried haven't done anything which makes me wonder if anything does!

I'm pretty pleased with myself, have been using my LED mask every two days consistently. The Aduro Australia website recommends using it every two days to give skin a chance to recover, the other Aduro site mentions using it daily. Conflicting advice for sure but I'm sticking with the advice of every two days as it suits my routine!

Hermes said my LED Mask was out for delivery at 7pm and delivered last night at 7pm but it most definitely wasn’t. My hermes delivery driver came yesterday morning and always takes a picture of the parcels, there’s no picture. So I’ve let CurrentBody know - no point trying to chase Hermes yet because they are useless to contact 😂

• Sad
@SqualorVictoria
This Charlotte Tilbury mask ain’t it! I didn’t mean to come down hard on the UFO 2 I just tend to investigate and see if there is a cheaper solution. I love reading this thread btw. This group is awesome 😁

• Heart
@SqualorVictoria
This Charlotte Tilbury mask ain’t it! I didn’t mean to come down hard on the UFO 2 I just tend to investigate and see if there is a cheaper solution. I love reading this thread btw. This group is awesome 😁
Oh don't worry at all, we all value honest opinions here, it's one of the few places left where honest reviews are given!

How was the mask?

• Heart
Oh don't worry at all, we all value honest opinions here, it's one of the few places left where honest reviews are given!

How was the mask?
I couldn’t wait to take it off! The shape was not suited for my face so my nose and mouth were obstructed. It was hot underneath it and I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe. The final result gave a little glow which I think is mostly a micro shimmer. My skin feels a little tacky. I’m seriously happy to hold onto my UFO 2 now 😄

ETA: I should add it was hot because of the combination of ingredients & weave of the fibers. I’m not complaining that I was breathing into it and made it hot 😅
The UFO is an absolute joy to use in comparison. I still need time to get acclimated to the app. That part stresses me out - but once I get it to connect to the bluetooth, it is nice! I like that the treatment only takes two minutes. It turns out that is a big selling point for me!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Apparently you can use the UFO without running the app. There is a video on Foreo's website but I've not properly looked into it. Has anyone tried?

Oh that’s interesting. That’s kind of why I stopped using it, got sick of the app!

Is anyone tempted by any advent calendars this year?

Oh that’s interesting. That’s kind of why I stopped using it, got sick of the app!

Is anyone tempted by any advent calendars this year?
For the last few years I've had the Liberty one and the M&S one. I'm not bothering with Liberty this year because it's often got stuff it had in last year, so I end up not using half of it. I love minis for going away, though I'm not sure I've ever tried something from an advent calendar and then bought the full size so...I'm definitely victim to the marketing I think. This year I've gone for The White Company one but definitely want a beauty/skincare based one if anyone has any recommendations!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.