Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I don’t think much of it at all though so wouldn’t recommend it. @SqualorVictoria has it too I think
I do have it and I was also the one who encouraged @judgejohndeed to get it 😪 Sorry about that

At first I liked it and used it a few times but I never really reach for it now. I did try the serum infuser function and that was pointless. I might give the pore extractor another go at some point but it's not the biggest concern that my skin has so that's why I never reach for it

Reactions: 3
Ok i’m *this* close to going for the Current Body LED mask! First thing, anyone know of any discount codes or anything?
Secondly, is there anything I need to purchase to use it with?

Reactions: 2
Ok i’m *this* close to going for the Current Body LED mask! First thing, anyone know of any discount codes or anything?
Secondly, is there anything I need to purchase to use it with?
They have discounts most weekends and once in a while they do an extra 10% off their own branded devices or LED devices. I got mine for £233. I don't use anything with it.

They have discounts most weekends and once in a while they do an extra 10% off their own branded devices or LED devices. I got mine for £233. I don't use anything with it.
Oooo okay! I’ll keep an eye out! Do I not need the hydrogel therapy gel thing? Where in my routine would I use this?

This thread is a real education! I am trying to decide between the Philips Lumea and the Smoothskin Bare. I have dark, coarse hair and fair-medium skin. What would you ladies recommend? Hoping to get a Black Friday deal on one of them.

I picked up the Aldi dupe for the Nuface recently and my gel arrived today so will report back on how I find it!

Oooo okay! I’ll keep an eye out! Do I not need the hydrogel therapy gel thing? Where in my routine would I use this?
No gel needed for the LED mask!
So from what I gather some people put their serums on before the mask. I think some companies recommend this actually. But generally I do it after cleansing and before other products. I think there’s a bit of flexibility there for when it fits best into your day.

This thread is a real education! I am trying to decide between the Philips Lumea and the Smoothskin Bare. I have dark, coarse hair and fair-medium skin. What would you ladies recommend? Hoping to get a Black Friday deal on one of them.

I picked up the Aldi dupe for the Nuface recently and my gel arrived today so will report back on how I find it!
The smoothskin is meant to be better on medium skin than the lumea I believe. I got really good results from it when used regularly but I haven't done so for months! Going to get back into it this week, hoping to be in maintenance phase for next summer!

I moved last weekend and now I live alone and have more time/space/am closer to the office I've managed to do my nuface mini - nuface fix - currentbody LED routine five days running! Hoping the routine is gonna sink in now as I do think my skin is looking a lot better for it, although jumping straight back in with all three at once means I don't know what's doing what!

I also meant to mention that I live on a side street close to the town centre on the ground floor and am visible on the sofa from the street - I've terrified at least one person who walked past and glanced at me with the LED on

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t use a product before my LED mask but might give it a whirl , is serum the right thing to use or moisturiser?

Reactions: 1
I don’t use a product before my LED mask but might give it a whirl , is serum the right thing to use or moisturiser?
I sometimes use a serum before the LED mask and sometimes nothing. I can't tell if either way is better.

My understanding is that any product you put under the LED mask has be really sheer so that it doesn't stop the LED getting to the skin. So I'd use a serum rather than a moisturiser.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've never used anything underneath it because the instructions say not to... Also I'd be worried about damaging the plastic covering the LEDs - oil can degrade plastic over time and I imagine anything containing acids would too

Reactions: 6
Has anyone used the Charlotte Tilbury cryo recovery face mask? I'm mildly interested in it as it seems it could be good for tired (or more likely hungover) skin days...

I've never used anything underneath it because the instructions say not to... Also I'd be worried about damaging the plastic covering the LEDs - oil can degrade plastic over time and I imagine anything containing acids would too
That is a really good point re damaging the plastic. Think I will revert back to using pre skin care.

Light Salon is one of the brands that does say you can put product on beneath it (https://www.thelight-salon.com/pages/boost-faqs). As @Aude mentioned, they recommend not a heavy layer of product because otherwise it abosrbs some of the light.

Their masks are manufactured by the same place that makes the Current Body mask and others, so I would feel comfortable putting a serum on below my CB mask.

I saw a comment on IG, I think it was Andy Millwards page. Someone asked about using the LED mask on clean skin because her face felt tight if she cleansed without moisturising. He replied that you can use it on clean skin eg after waking up in the morning before doing your morning routine. I can't find the comment now although I did find the one below.

ETA it's the FaceLite (which is identical to the CB, CB's just rebadged) which Andy uses himself, recommends and sells. He's a very interesting account to follow.

I have just bought the LED Hand mask and have started using it at the same time as my neglected face and neck/dec masks. Charged them all up at the same time and used them simultaneously. The face and neck masks still had plenty of charge left when the hand mask ran out of charge during the 6th use. I contacted Current Body and they explained that the hand mask has a smaller battery so can't hold as much charge. In case any of you wondered similarly.

Screenshot_20210924-095932_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Lovely to see you here, @NotDumbNotBlonde ! Is the hand mask worth it, do you think?
It's hard to tell because I have only just started. I cracked and bought it when CB had a special offer of their free light up mirror. I'm 60 next birthday and the skin in the back of my hands suddenly seems papery and fragile, little scratches from my cat's claws take a while to heal so I thought it was worth a try. Not so much age spots, i shun the sun so don't really have any.

The frustrating thing is that it only does one hand at a time! So the shorter battery life compounds this minor annoyance. If it seems to work and ever goes on sale i might buy a second. I would find a double handed version more convenient tbh.

The frustrating thing is that it only does one hand at a time! So the shorter battery life compounds this minor annoyance. If it seems to work and ever goes on sale i might buy a second. I would find a double handed version more convenient tbh.
I don't have an LED hand mask but I use the neck/chest one as a hand mask. I make it into a tube by wrapping the velco strap* around it and slide my hand in. I was thinking maybe you could use this for the other hand and alternate which hand gets which mask.

*In fact I use two velco straps - one from the face mask and one from the neck/chest mask - to fasten the two parts of the mask, but clearly anything would do

• Heart
I don't have an LED hand mask but I use the neck/chest one as a hand mask. I make it into a tube by wrapping the velco strap* around it and slide my hand in. I was thinking maybe you could use this for the other hand and alternate which hand gets which mask.

*In fact I use two velco straps - one from the face mask and one from the neck/chest mask - to fasten the two parts of the mask, but clearly anything would do
Good thinking!
Ideally I would like to get it all done in one session though because I'm lazy and impatient, and struggle with motivating myself! Hence shelling out for all three.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.