Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you, I have just signed up to dermatica.

I have seen a lot on here about lights for the face. I have had the light mask a few times after facials in salons. Can anyone recommend a good starter light?
I’ve been using the Dermatica Azealic acid cream for a few months now. It’s been great for break outs and redness and you don’t need to sign up for it. Can just buy it as and when you need it. Works really well under make up too.

I also have the Current Body LED mask and love it.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been using the Dermatica Azealic acid cream for a few months now. It’s been great for break outs and redness and you don’t need to sign up for it. Can just buy it as and when you need it. Works really well under make up too.

I also have the Current Body LED mask and love it.
I too have the LED mask from Current Body and also love it 😊<———-, me after using the mask and UFO2

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Facial sunscreen recommendation needed. I bought Vichay 50spf dry touch but it is making my face incredibly oily.
I used Avene before which was fine but I really wanted something premium for the skin

Reactions: 1
Facial sunscreen recommendation needed. I bought Vichay 50spf dry touch but it is making my face incredibly oily.
I used Avene before which was fine but I really wanted something premium for the skin
I'm afraid it's not premium, but I got on well with the Body Shop SPF 50. I have combination skin which gets oiler in the summer and even oiler for one week every month.

Reactions: 3
I'm afraid it's not premium, but I got on well with the Body Shop SPF 50. I have combination skin which gets oiler in the summer and even oiler for one week every month.
Thank you, will give it a go. Just because its bodyshop doesn't mean it's not great for the skin!

I've tried a couple of sunscreens described as 'dry touch' which I assumed would have a fairly matte finish and yet, like you, they made me look oily.

My favourite sunscreen, and has been for a while now, is Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen SPF50. It feels quite thick when you apply it but it dries down quickly to a matte/satin finish. For me it serves as a CC cream/foundation as well as sunscreen. It's not for someone with dry skin but great I'd have thought for normal to oily skin. It's a mineral sunscreen - which I think gives better protection, plus you can put it near your eyes without it being irritating.

I am tempted, though, to try something from the new-ish Ultra Violette range - probably Lean Screen SPF50+ which is also a mineral suncreen and described as mattifying - which has had great reviews.

Reactions: 6
Not premium but I love La Roche Posay anthelios spf!
My favourite which I guess is premium, is the Elizabeth Arden prevage city smart spf 50. It’s stunning and has a lovely tint and glow to it

Reactions: 7
I've tried a couple of sunscreens described as 'dry touch' which I assumed would have a fairly matte finish and yet, like you, they made me look oily.

My favourite sunscreen, and has been for a while now, is Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen SPF50. It feels quite thick when you apply it but it dries down quickly to a matte/satin finish. For me it serves as a CC cream/foundation as well as sunscreen. It's not for someone with dry skin but great I'd have thought for normal to oily skin. It's a mineral sunscreen - which I think gives better protection, plus you can put it near your eyes without it being irritating.

I am tempted, though, to try something from the new-ish Ultra Violette range - probably Lean Screen SPF50+ which is also a mineral suncreen and described as mattifying - which has had great reviews.
The ultra violette lean screen spf50+ is my holy grail alongside the kielhs oil free spf 50 (the one in the blue packaging, not the orange). I’ve gone through 5+ of both, and my combo oily skin thrives with them! The ultra violet ye is a bit more mattifying so I tend to lean towards that during the summer months, but both do work year round!

Reactions: 5
I'm using Darphin Intral SPF 50 which I like, no issues at all. It's slightly tinted so no white cast, although it doesn't provide any notable coverage. I get a bit oily as the day goes on which is more down to my skin than the SPF. I've also got the Ultrasun 50 face spray which is good for topping up, it takes a bit of practice to get the right amount of product out but has kept me sunburn-free!

Reactions: 2
Hows everyone getting on with their devices?

After months and months of testing I can confirm that the Nuface is better than the Foreo Bear. That being said, I'm still glad I got it as it's much quicker. I now alternate between the two and have switched to using microcurrent in the morning

I really really need to get back into using LED but it's hard to find the time.

I fell out of the habit of using my IPL over the summer. I tried to tell myself that it was down to it being summer and not wanting to expose treated skin to sun but in reality it was just laziness. Anyway, I was getting a bikini wax yesterday and the beautician asked if I had had laser. This must mean the IPL does work at keeping the hair less thick etc even if it's not been used so I'm going to get into the habit of using it again!

Reactions: 9
Thinking of asking for an LED mask for Christmas so recommendations are welcome!

I go through phases of using my NuFace - I’ve been tight for time a lately so I use I’m not using as much as I used to.

I’ve ran out of Foreo masks so I’m waiting on payday so I can stock up

I'm still regularly using my NuFace Minis (I have two so that I can do both sides at once) and LED face and neck/chest masks.

My current routine is that I use both every other day, towards the end of the day. I use the NuFace first on my face and neck, then bath/shower (which gets rid of any remaining gel), then settle down in front of the next episode of Call My Agent with the LED masks, then apply my evening skin care.

As well as using the neck/chest mask the usual way, I also use it under the chin (following a suggestion by HotandFlashy Angie). Quite hard to explain how to do this but you place the neck part of the mask under the chin and hold it in place (over your head) using the longer of the two straps that come with the mask.

I don't use my UFO2 much but it's part of my getting ready routine when I want to look my best. I occasionally use the NuFace as part of my getting ready routine.

Thinking of asking for an LED mask for Christmas so recommendations are welcome!
I have the CurrentBody LED face mask. Costs £265 but often on offer.

HotandFlashy Angie did a trial of different home-use LED masks and recommended the Omnilux mask. She preferred it to the CurrentBody mask because the strap arrangement meant that it sat closer to the face. While in the US it costs $395, it costs a whopping £520 from the only UK merchant I've seen (although there's one currently on ebay, from America, at £253 plus £15 shipping).

Another option is the new-ish Boots LED face mask which I think looks pretty similar to the CurrentBody one. Cost is £150, but currently £20 off. If I didn't already have the CB one, that's probably the one I'd choose.

I'm happy enough with the CB one. You can adjust the strap a bit to get it as close as possible to the skin. Because I'm more concerned about my lower than upper face, I tend to angle it so that it fits more closely on the lower face.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I have the Aduro and wish I had the current body. I was half thinking of the Dennis Gross one because it only takes 3 minutes but in all honestly the hard structure of the mask probably wouldn't suit me.

The Aduro one takes 20 minutes which is just too long.

I went to a pub today and the waitress thought I was 22 or 23...I'm 33 and 34 in a couple of weeks so feeling pretty smug about that.

I've been using the current body LED mask most regularly recently. I wake-up early for work and use it after washing my face listening to a podcast whilst doing it.

I'm trying to use my Nuface every evening after work and my UFO2 two or three times a week. Fallen off the wagon with the Sensica recently.

Reactions: 9
Wow, that’s wonderful!! How long do you keep the mask on for? I had the Dennis goss eye mask and found it almost too bright on my eyes, really unrelaxing!

Does anyone have the dermaflash dermapore gadget? My pores are ridiculously clogged. My skin is currently upset with me thanks to some lifestyle changes (positive ones, but I guess skin needs to adapt to that too!). I’m still struggling with excess body hair and have been very close to buying the Philips lumea. I was tempted by the cheaper one whose name evades me but I do recall a lovely poster on here saying they weren’t impressed with it. I guess I’m just worried it doesn’t work and then I will be sad, hairy and broke. Currently, I’m just sad and hairy.

I'm still using the Nuface mini most nights (5 out 7 probably). I definitely think that my face looks a little more lifted and sculpted after using it, but the thing I noticed the most, even from the first use, is how fresh my skin looked, like I'd had a really, really good nights sleep (even when I hadn't!). I wouldn't be without it now and when it dies, I will replace with the Trinity so that I can get the ELE attachment. I'm almost 40 and I've been lucky in that other than some horizontal lines on my forehead that no longer disappear when I stop raising my brow, I am fairly wrinkle free still, so it's more about prevention than cure. If I could only keep one, it would be this.

I then bought the Foreo UFO. I use this the least, barely once a week. I do like it, it is really easy to use and relaxing. I found that when it was really hot during the summer, the serum from the masks did not sink in well, and I can see myself using it more in the winter months when my skin is drier. I've only tried (other than the basic masks) Acai Berry and Youth so perhaps that's where I have been going wrong. I know I'm in the minority as everyone loves it but for me, it's not a must have. My skin does always look good afterwards though so this isn't a negative review of it at all.

I also use the CB LED mask most nights, I do it after the NuFace and with skincare on (initially, I used it it before skin care). I've noticed a scar I have from an old spot, that I shouldn't have picked, is fading and really I do think my skin looks more even toned overall since I have been using it. I just lie in bed with it on, I find it sort of meditative. I'm a big fan and will get the neck and chest one at some point too, I think.

My last purchase was the NuFace Fix. I wrote a bit of a review here when I got it and I still feel the same about it, it's a nice to have but I don't think it's a must have product (I might feel differently if I had more lines around my eyes though).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.