Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey beauty folks - not posted on here for a while. I’ve been lurking and liking though.
Re beauty pie I’ve had it on the back burner for a while, but like you Aude I’ve realised I do use a lot of their products.
Favourites are moisturisers (Japan Fusion) and cleansers, but I have gone back to the Superdrug Vit E cleanser now with Inkey List Oat Balm cleanser. Their eyeliners and lipsticks are good and the footopia foot cream is so nice. I quite like the newish SPF 50, but wouldn’t rebuy. The under eye miracle concealer / becca dupe is bloody amazing stuff.

Got a question for you all… does anyone have the Riki mirror? Cult Beauty have 20% off orders over £85 and I’m really tempted ….
No, I don't have that mirror - and probably not something I'd need. After my experience with the Foreo UFO, I'm not keen on devices you have to link up to your phone via Bluetooth (or do you only have to link it to your phone if you want to take pics?). (I like the UFO but annoying when linkage to the phone doesn't work.)

I have the small Simplehuman mirror with 10x magnification which I find great for doing make-up with not brilliant eyesight.

I've seen Katie Jane Hughes (makeup artist on Instagram) use the Riki mirror that kind of looks like a smart phone. I think it looks cool and could be good for travelling? I'm sure she has posts about it, maybe have a look there.

I got a larger mirror on Amazon a few years ago that opens up with smaller mirrors around it that all have different magnifications (x2, x5 and a separate x10) It also plugs in and has a decent light around it. I think it was less than 20 quid.

Reactions: 2
I hide from magnifying mirrors! Have been known to cover them in hotel bathrooms with a hand towel. My eyesight is decent so I can pluck my brows with the normal mirror in my bathroom. Something about the magnification just makes me obsess a bit too much, you know?

Reactions: 10
I'm going to try this one out when I've finished my 9 week course of liquid collagen

Angie Hot and Flashy uses it and she's one of the few, actually probably only 'influencer' I trust. I don't even see her as an influencer even though she technically is
It's interesting about Angie. I don't find her at all 'relateable' - that heavy make-up, all those litte tops she gets in the sale - but she is one of the very few I trust. I also think she gets the presentation just right - friendly without too much chat.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I'm not into her style or makeup at all but her reviews are amazing. She's one of the few that I'll bother to watch a youtube video of. I also love that she doesn't just mention something once and never mention it again, she'll do some follow up reviews later on

Reactions: 4
I don’t know Angie, I must look her up.

I’ve been making more of an effort with my NuFace, and have been doing a longer routine most evenings for a while now, and I swear its actually doing something! My jawline is much less slack, and I *think* my cheekbones are coming through a bit. (I basically look like a potato so this is as good as it gets.)

I have also recently lost half a stone, so that could be contributing, but I’m not quite as despairing as I was a couple of months ago. I hope everybody else is doing ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey beauty folks - not posted on here for a while. I’ve been lurking and liking though.
Re beauty pie I’ve had it on the back burner for a while, but like you Aude I’ve realised I do use a lot of their products.
Favourites are moisturisers (Japan Fusion) and cleansers, but I have gone back to the Superdrug Vit E cleanser now with Inkey List Oat Balm cleanser. Their eyeliners and lipsticks are good and the footopia foot cream is so nice. I quite like the newish SPF 50, but wouldn’t rebuy. The under eye miracle concealer / becca dupe is bloody amazing stuff.

Got a question for you all… does anyone have the Riki mirror? Cult Beauty have 20% off orders over £85 and I’m really tempted ….
an under eye miracle concealer/becca dupe ??????? please share ? are you on about the under eye brightening corrector cos if you’ve found a dupe for it then i need to know 😂 i’m so sad becca is closing cos i love that product

an under eye miracle concealer/becca dupe ??????? please share ? are you on about the under eye brightening corrector cos if you’ve found a dupe for it then i need to know 😂 i’m so sad becca is closing cos i love that product
More pricey but the Trish McEvoy under eye concealer is very good imo.

• Heart
I'm looking for a new eye cream and have a voucher I can use towards it. @rosemarina did you say before that the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C was excellent?

Reactions: 1
Hello. I really like it, but I'd try a small tube of it first to see what you think (I think they do a mini one packaged with a mini B Hydra, which I also really like). It's not an eye cream though. There used to be a really good Sunday Riley eye cream but they stopped making that one.

Could someone buy this and let me know if it’s any good? Ta!
Seriously though 🤔 I’ve been looking at Davinia Taylor’s Instagram account, she looks amazing, have ordered her book, and saw she’d had a few facials at FaceGym in London and there was a remarkable plumpness to her face afterwards so obviously I had to go and check out their website. I want a facial with them now!

1697D5EE-5700-445E-A44E-D5179584EC64.png

I had a facial with them once and I liked it. However I saw a video from Trinny once saying that the at home device is not as strong

Sure she hasn't had fillers?
Yep she’s had botox and fillers but she posted this which is an incredible difference. That was from actually going there for a facial though, not using the device I posted.

C2C0AF41-D845-46F3-B20A-C4D738B6BB8C.jpeg

I had a facial with them once and I liked it. However I saw a video from Trinny once saying that the at home device is not as strong
If I ever get a chance I might give going there a go!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.