Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do meditation daily so I wear my LED mask when doing that, although I have also managed to wear it when I’ve been pottering about, and also once when I was sat doing my Sainsbury’s order! 😂

I have the Light Salon one and I love it. I believe only the Light Salon and the Current Body have the right power to be effective.

Reactions: 2
Reporting back!

So, I have mixed reviews on my consultation today.

I went to discuss my options with a focus on Fraxel because although I have pretty decent skin, I have a couple of problems that just aren’t being shifted with regular skin care: I have some mild redness on my checks (kind of like a gateway to rosacea) which I keep from getting worse, but ideally I’d like to eliminate it as much as poss.

I also have a couple of old milia which just haven’t shifted, and a skin tag right by my eye that bothers the hell out of me.

I was told my skin is in good shape generally and therefore really doesn’t need fraxel, which is totally fair enough… but instead, she’s recommending a salicylic acid peel. Now, I’m sure it’s stronger than what we use at home but I just think if I’ve been using decent salicylic acid products for YEARS and not gotten rid of old millia etc, would it really help?

We will be doing some advanced electrolysis on my skin tag (and any milia left behind) which I’m very excited about. Overall it’s waaaay cheaper than even one laser treatment, so it’s not like I think they’re trying to rinse me or anything, I’m just not convinced that it will be enough. Also total side note, but she was 10 mins late to the consultation and I could hear her chatting away on her phone in the other room and it pissed me off a bit! I went to her through a glowing recommendation, too!

Anyways, anyone had a professional salicylic acid peel? Would you recommend?
Was she suggesting a salicylic acid peel for the redness? I've never heard of that before. I've had IPL treatment for very mild redness/rosacea which was very effective though and definitely worth the money.

Reactions: 3
I think I would go LED mask over the UFO.

Goals to get Glowing wrote a great breakdown of a number of masks which helped me when I bought mine. I ended up going with The Current Body one - in the end I was deciding between that and the Light Salon mask, and the LS one wasn't in stock which made the decision easy.

Whatever one you go with check Honey as there many be a discount code out there you can use to make it a bit more affordable too!
Thanks, will have a look at that this evening!

The problem with LED masks is they can take 10 or 20 minutes which doesn't sound like a lot but I find it hard to slot that in on top of everything else. I wish I had gone for the Dennis Gross mask as that only takes 3 minutes, much more doable

I regret my LED mask but have never regretted my UFO!
Yes, that is something to consider for sure. I already spend 10 mins most evenings doing the NuFace. I've read so many good things about the UFO on here...I'm very tempted!

Last edited:
I've done my third leg session with the Smoothskin. I definitely think the regrowth has slowed and I have a few small patches with no growth at all. I tried it on my underarms too and it really hurt! But if I see similar results to my legs it will be worth it!

Was she suggesting a salicylic acid peel for the redness? I've never heard of that before. I've had IPL treatment for very mild redness/rosacea which was very effective though and definitely worth the money.
She suggested it primarily for milia but then claimed it would help redness as well which made me a bit confused as I don’t think it does?

Yes, I wanted to discuss either Fraxel or IPL or some kind of laser but she shot me down on that. The more I think about it, the more I think I’m going to go elsewhere. I just don’t feel like a salicylic acid peel is going to get me my desired results.

Reactions: 5
She suggested it primarily for milia but then claimed it would help redness as well which made me a bit confused as I don’t think it does?

Yes, I wanted to discuss either Fraxel or IPL or some kind of laser but she shot me down on that. The more I think about it, the more I think I’m going to go elsewhere. I just don’t feel like a salicylic acid peel is going to get me my desired results.
I know azaelic acid is a treatment for rosacea but definitely never heard of salicylic. Fair enough if she doesn't think you'd benefit from fraxel or IPL but you will certainly see results from a laser treatment and it's ultimately your money, so definitely worth getting a consultation at another clinic!

I know azaelic acid is a treatment for rosacea but definitely never heard of salicylic. Fair enough if she doesn't think you'd benefit from fraxel or IPL but you will certainly see results from a laser treatment and it's ultimately your money, so definitely worth getting a consultation at another clinic!
Yes I’m a regular user of azealiac acid! I use salicylic acid too but my understanding is it only works on redness from temporary inflammation, like acne.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: 1
Current Body appear to have a Bank Holiday sale on!

I’m not in the market for anything at the moment but I did notice (totally unrelated to skincare) they also sell Lelo products… highly recommend the Sona 2 Cruise, it may well make you glow in a very different way! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How's everyone getting on?

I'm nearly finished 3 weeks of the Gold Collagen, so 6 more weeks to go. Annoying as they're so expensive but I want to give the full 9 weeks a try. I don't know if I've noticed a difference in my skin because I do so many other things but I do think my nails are stronger and the skin on my body is so soft too!

Am also half way through the 8 weekly course of the Sensilift. It's pleasant to use but time consuming!

Am desperately missing my Tripollar pose as it stopped switching on, need to get myself to the post office to return it

@SqualorVictoria I've been taking Beauty Pie's collagen supplement since it was launched - so I think that's about five months. I can't say that there's been any real improvement in my skin/hair/nails. Like you, I think the skin on my body might be a bit softer.

I've got another month and half's supply to finish so will reassess at the end of that. It's expensive - with the BP subscription it works out at about £40/month.

I've been reading the reviews on the BP website with interest. There are negative reviews based on the taste of it (I think the taste is fine, nice even) but most reviews are positive - in my view, ridiculously so, like this one:

'I have only been using this a week and I am amazed at the results!! I had a deep crease above my eyebrow that only Botox had resolved but I have already seen a significant difference, my skin looks so much better'

Surely even Marcia KIlgour - master of hype - would say that simply wasn't possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have a collagen powder to put in coffee but I always forget, so can’t say I’ve seen any results!

I’m not sure if the research on ingesting collagen is that strong, really? I think it’s probably a nice add-on but not something to prioritise. That Beauty Pie review sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I’ve had my Light Salon LED mask for three weeks now and I think it’s making me look a bit more glowy and healthy. Still loving my UFO for a treatment, and still working my way through masks. Youth Junkie is definitely still my favourite.

The other day I basically spent about 2 hours crying (a very close family member has terminal cancer) and a mixture of clean spoons kept in the freezer to depuff my eyes and the UFO with the hydrating mask on the cold setting improved my puffy, blotchy face so much, so quickly.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm sorry to hear about your family member @Lanavalentine xxx

In terms of the collagen supplements these ones have loads of other stuff which is probably why they get good feedback

I'll just do the 9 week course though, far too expensive to do long term

Attachments

• Heart
@SqualorVictoria I've been taking Beauty Pie's collagen supplement since it was launched - so I think that's about five months. I can't say that there's been any real improvement in my skin/hair/nails. Like you, I think the skin on my body might be a bit softer.

I've got another month and half's supply to finish so will reassess at the end of that. It's expensive - with the BP subscription it works out at about £40/month.

I've been reading the reviews on the BP website with interest. There are negative reviews based on the taste of it (I think the taste is fine, nice even) but most reviews are positive - in my view, ridiculously so, like this one:

'I have only been using this a week and I am amazed at the results!! I had a deep crease above my eyebrow that only Botox had resolved but I have already seen a significant difference, my skin looks so much better'

Surely even Marcia KIlgour - master of hype - would say that simply wasn't possible?
😄 sounds like the kind of review one of those annoying MLM people would come up with.

• Haha
😄 sounds like the kind of review one of those annoying MLM people would come up with.
Credit to Beauty Pie, they do seem to publish all product reviews - good, bad and indifferent. I'm just astonished by how thrilled some people seem to be with products (not just BP products). I've very rarely bought a product that met my expectations, let alone exceeded them.

Reactions: 4
Credit to Beauty Pie, they do seem to publish all product reviews - good, bad and indifferent. I'mjust astonished by how thrilled some people seem to be with products (not just BP products). I've very rarely bought a product that met my expectations, let alone exceeded them.
I've certainly never bought anything that's been better than botox - although I live in hope! 😄 Do you mean you've rarely bought a product from BP that has met expectations? I generally quite like their skincare but find the make up can be a bit hit or miss.

I've certainly never bought anything that's been better than botox - although I live in hope! 😄 Do you mean you've rarely bought a product from BP that has met expectations? I generally quite like their skincare but find the make up can be a bit hit or miss.
I didn't mean BP products. In fact I find the products pretty good. I've liked all the cleansers and overnight mask type things. Also liked the shampoos. Of the make-up I've tried - 'One Powder Wonder' was good, the foundation also good though I rarely wear it, lipliner a good colour but dried out, mascaras ok but I've got better. I'm liking the new 'velvet finish' primer and finding the under-eye corrector as good as the Becca. Real failures for me were the two spf products I tried - one tinted, one not - which were both too greasy/shiny. Now I think of it, BP products make up a good proportion of the products I currently use.

The point I wanted to make really was that in product reviews, consumers often seem to join in the hyping up of products - 'can't live without', 'game changing' etc.

Reactions: 1
I'm going to try this one out when I've finished my 9 week course of liquid collagen

Angie Hot and Flashy uses it and she's one of the few, actually probably only 'influencer' I trust. I don't even see her as an influencer even though she technically is

Attachments

I'm going to try this one out when I've finished my 9 week course of liquid collagen

Angie Hot and Flashy uses it and she's one of the few, actually probably only 'influencer' I trust. I don't even see her as an influencer even though she technically is
This is the brand I have (and never remember to use). I have the creamer version to put in coffee. It tastes fine but it’s VERY bitty and gritty, like I have to stir for 500 years to get it to dissolve.

I didn't mean BP products. In fact I find the products pretty good. I've liked all the cleansers and overnight mask type things. Also liked the shampoos. Of the make-up I've tried - 'One Powder Wonder' was good, the foundation also good though I rarely wear it, lipliner a good colour but dried out, mascaras ok but I've got better. I'm liking the new 'velvet finish' primer and finding the under-eye corrector as good as the Becca. Real failures for me were the two spf products I tried - one tinted, one not - which were both too greasy/shiny. Now I think of it, BP products make up a good proportion of the products I currently use.

The point I wanted to make really was that in product reviews, consumers often seem to join in the hyping up of products - 'can't live without', 'game changing' etc.
Yes - I see what you mean. I am very skeptical of reviews that are so gushing, particularly if they are on that companies own website

Hey beauty folks - not posted on here for a while. I’ve been lurking and liking though.
Re beauty pie I’ve had it on the back burner for a while, but like you Aude I’ve realised I do use a lot of their products.
Favourites are moisturisers (Japan Fusion) and cleansers, but I have gone back to the Superdrug Vit E cleanser now with Inkey List Oat Balm cleanser. Their eyeliners and lipsticks are good and the footopia foot cream is so nice. I quite like the newish SPF 50, but wouldn’t rebuy. The under eye miracle concealer / becca dupe is bloody amazing stuff.

Got a question for you all… does anyone have the Riki mirror? Cult Beauty have 20% off orders over £85 and I’m really tempted ….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.