Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Purchased the Dennis Gross! I've noticed that what stops me from using a device consistently is the time involved. The Nuface, Bear, UFO, etc, only take minutes. The reason I haven't been consistent with my Aduro LED is because a treatment is 20 minutes and it's just too difficult to slot in. I am going to try again though

What has attracted me to the Dennis Gross body LED is that each treatment area is only 3 minutes so if I wanted to treat multiple areas in one go (neck and two sides of back for instance) it still takes less time than one Aduro session!
Let us know how you get on. My next purchase will be an LED mask (not going to lie would love a Dermaluxe but it's sooo pricey)

Reactions: 2
Will do! Also I'm enjoying the sensilift! It is quite time consuming but as it's only once a week for 8 weeks it's bearable. The sensation is really pleasant

Are you doing it once a month now the eight weeks has passed or are you continuing with once weekly?

Not sure if the UFO helps with pigmentation but the masks will make your skin look amazing! I use mine about twice a week and my skin always looks so good after

I'm thinking of splashing out on the new Dennis Gross LED body device. It looks brilliant and can be used on neck and other areas and is flexible so can be moulded. I sometimes get spots on my upper back near my bra line so it would be helpful for that. It's only 3 minutes per area. And there's a pain relief feature for muscles and joints so I'm thinking it could be useful for after going for a run or even to use on my stomach during period pain times

It's so bloody expensive though!

There's a video in this link if anyone is curious

Interesting! I saw this the other day and was reminded of the neck and decolletage Current Body flexible LED mask (there are probably other versions from other brands too ). It is similar to the CB face mask and so very malleable, and I assumed would be easier to use/drape over body parts than the Dr Gross one? But I guess unlike the Gross face mask there is some flexibility. The pain relief feature (I assume using infrared light?) would be handy. Plus the short treatment times. Do report back!

Interesting! I saw this the other day and was reminded of the neck and decolletage Current Body flexible LED mask (there are probably other versions from other brands too ). It is similar to the CB face mask and so very malleable, and I assumed would be easier to use/drape over body parts than the Dr Gross one? But I guess unlike the Gross face mask there is some flexibility. The pain relief feature (I assume using infrared light?) would be handy. Plus the short treatment times. Do report back!
I have the Current Body neck and decolletage LED mask and I find it very flexible for use elsewhere. I was tempted by the new Current Body hand LED mask but realised that I could make a tube out of the neck and decolletage mask (by wrapping the velco straps around it) and slide my hand into it. Might even be better than the hand mask because I can make it fit snugly (I understand from Angie that it's important that the lights are as close as possible to the skin).

Current Body recommends using the hand LED mask for 20 minutes, which I thought might be unrealistic but I find that if I use it while catching up on Tattle and the internet generally, it's very doable.

The Current Body neck only has red lights whereas the DG one has red, blue and then a combination of both.

I like the idea of blue as I sometimes get spots on my body e.g my back

The Current Body neck only has red lights whereas the DG one has red, blue and then a combination of both.

I like the idea of blue as I sometimes get spots on my body e.g my back
Personally, I'm only interested in red lights (being past the age of getting spots). I'm always put off by LED devices that have more that red lights because I don't want to pay for features I'm not going to use - but I imagine they're great if you have multiple skin issues or have household members who between them would use all the features.

No I totally agree. The Aduro led has loads of light colours which excited me at first but then I always dithered over which colour setting to use. Keeping it simple takes the guesswork out. But I can definitely see myself using the blue light and the pain relief setting

I got some lovely compliments on my “glowing” skin on a Zoom yesterday, despite a) having no makeup on b) having not slept well for ages and c) being stressed in general.

I can only thank the holy trinity of my UFO 2, my Light Salon LED mask and Medik8 Crystal Retinal 6.

I should also shout out to Face Theory’s mandelic acid & niacinamide serum, which I use on the nights I’m not using retinal. It’s lovely stuff. My skin can definitely take a beating but I decided to put the harsher acids on hold while I got back into a retinal routine, so this one is just lovely as an alternative.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Help!! I need advice.

Which is the one I should buy, the Current Body LED face mask or the Foreo?

Reactions: 1
It depends what you want to achieve and which one you think you’ll get more use out of @LyraBalaqua?

The Foreo UFO is more of a general treatment tool - it’s basically like taking sheet masks to the next level. You can use it as often as you want and it only takes minutes (although buying the masks is an extra expense to consider). It’s good for hydrating your skin and making it glow at a temporary level.

An LED mask won’t have instant results, but rather will help improve your skin over time. It takes longer to use, and you need to be dilligent about using it to see results. It will serve the general health of your skin in the long run, improving fine lines & wrinkles and helping even out your skin tone.

I’d say, if you want an instant boost for your skin before nights out or meeting people or whatever, then get the Foreo UFO 2.

If you want something that will work on your skin over time, helping with ageing in particular, then get the LED mask.

Reactions: 6
It depends what you want to achieve and which one you think you’ll get more use out of @LyraBalaqua?

The Foreo UFO is more of a general treatment tool - it’s basically like taking sheet masks to the next level. You can use it as often as you want and it only takes minutes (although buying the masks is an extra expense to consider). It’s good for hydrating your skin and making it glow at a temporary level.

An LED mask won’t have instant results, but rather will help improve your skin over time. It takes longer to use, and you need to be dilligent about using it to see results. It will serve the general health of your skin in the long run, improving fine lines & wrinkles and helping even out your skin tone.

I’d say, if you want an instant boost for your skin before nights out or meeting people or whatever, then get the Foreo UFO 2.

If you want something that will work on your skin over time, helping with ageing in particular, then get the LED mask.
I would have said the same (only not so well).

• Heart
Hello, I’ve been very slack with my UFO and Nu Face this past month, so I’m going to make a concerted effort.

I do have a question about pigmentation and peoples experience at treating it. I’ve found that topical treatments like Vit C and Retinol (was using Skin &Me) don’t seem to do anything. I’ve been looking at laser and IPL and wonder if anyone had any experience of these treatments for pigmentation and also skin rejuvenation. I am really wary of injectables (obvs they don’t do anything for pigmentation) but I was wondering if a course of fancy laser facials (or similar) would help? I’ve been doing some research and I’d love to hear if anyone has had this done or other treatments. Any honest views would be greatly appreciated:)

@LyraBalaqua they're two completely different products so it's not really a case of them being comparable but personally I could not live without my UFO. It makes such an immediate and tangible difference and the effect lasts a few days. I've had it two years now and only use it about twice a week or more if I need a boost and wouldn't be without it now

Reactions: 3
@LyraBalaqua they're two completely different products so it's not really a case of them being comparable but personally I could not live without my UFO. It makes such an immediate and tangible difference and the effect lasts a few days. I've had it two years now and only use it about twice a week or more if I need a boost and wouldn't be without it now
It sounds like a good investment, haven’t ordered anything yet , I’m wobbling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.