Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmmma234

I followed her ages ago and then she made a comment about how there was nothing wrong with reclining your airplane seat and I thought "nah, we're not the same type of people". She seems fine but just not my cup of tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

nurseren

VIP Member
Mate do you know what tattle is? Also Bethany isn’t going to shag you, the poly phase is over my friend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Is the book any good? And are there any sex scenes cos I can't imagine Bethany being able to write anything even slightly erotic.
“As we lay in each other’s arms after he had ejected his lads inside me, I stroked his massive fod and he twiddled my split ends, and said ‘you know, these good dudes would look super edgy on a badge’”

• Haha
Reactions: 19

penguin400

I’ve followed this thread with interest as my lifelong ambition has been to be a children's writer. It has been my absolute dream and I have held down a job as a nurse while I write, yet I’m getting nowhere. The rejections I’ve had have all been good, positive rejections, but rejections nevertheless. I can’t believe she was APPROACHED to write a book, which I’ve read and is decidedly ok. It really is right place, right time. Oh well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

imjustlooking

I never comment on Tattle but I just had to - if you’ve made your whole “career” out of being fat, or at least being fat positive and that’s literally your career (books/journalism pieces/fashion collections!) would you not at least say SOMETHING about how different you look? I know that everyone is entitled to their privacy and reasonings and they don’t have to say a word to us Joe Publics but if I was a younger fan of hers who was fat and struggling in this horrible world, I would feel so upset that she hadn’t spoke about it in a positive way (ie ‘yes I know I’m thinner my dudes and I’m not technically “as fat” anymore but please let me explain…’ I dunno what I’m trying to say - but other influencers who have lost weight have articulated something positive to speak to their fans about

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Imagine furiously typing this BR thread take down with ur polymer clay earrings jiggling about with Lil P’s pubic trimmings swaying back and forth on them. Be careful they might fall off those Ali Express backs 😳

Tho love the universal class binary of:
A) Media darling father who buys you property that you never dare mention on Twitter
B) absolute scummer dragged up rough laughing at polymer clay earrings containing human byproducts

• Haha

Pongoandperdy

Couldn’t agree more with previous comments. She has changed so much since the ‘fatshion’ blogger days of Arched Eyebrow. I loved her blog and her outfit / book recommendation posts, but haven’t checked to see if there have been any updates for ages (I don’t follow on IG or Twitter).

I do like that she has made the successful transition from blogger to SM Manager and creative (with her fashion collabs and books).

I’m less comfortable with her aggressive body-pos view that any discussion of dieting is evil. I do firmly believe in ‘health at any size’ and can still reconcile that to a need to increase or maintain fitness (if you wish)/exercise. She seems to see weight loss or discussion as betrayal.

I guess we have all changed but yes, she was definitely having fun embracing her bisexuality, tattoos (remember ‘Live Fat Die Yum?!’) and being a laptop DJ in funky New Cross pubs. It’s so weird to see her transformation to a fairly homely, middle class (and middle-aged) woman with a husband who looks like a bald 50 year old.

• Haha
  • Heart

Greenlentils

VIP Member
“As we lay in each other’s arms after he had ejected his lads inside me, I stroked his massive fod and he twiddled my split ends, and said ‘you know, these good dudes would look super edgy on a badge’”
"I wrapped him in my fabulous new crocheted blanket and his teenie tiny ickle Member peeked through and I ~blushed~"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not addressing the elephant in the room… It’s bizarre! Why doesn’t she acknowledge her weight loss?
It’s mad! I would never expect her to mention it if she hasn’t been previously so vocal about other peoples bodies/other people in the public realm losing weight? And if she hadn’t built her literal career off being fat/writing about fatness and making money off it.

I bet her long term followers/fellow fat activists are going absolutely ballistic behind the scenes!

it could actually be a really interesting topic to address. She could talk about her own journey with fat acceptance and exercise, whether she’s treated differently by the general public or medical professionals at her new weight, lesser talked about things like loose skin … etc etc etc! But I guess that wouldn’t be as profitable as ignoring it and still cashing in on that fat £££ while posting constant selfies and body pics that show off her huge weight loss! If i was a fat fan/follower of hers I’d feel insanely gaslit lol

• Heart
Alright m8… congrats churning out (by all accounts) poorly written romance fluff while having precisely zero caring or work responsibilities and apparently infinite cash 🙄 now she wants to become a writing teacher ??? Step 1: be approached by a YA publisher despite having no previous interest in writing step 2: ???? Step 3: profit

if it sounds salty it’s cos I am lol, wish I had the inter generational wealth to piss about in central London and not work soul crushing badly paid jobs lol

• Heart

Greenlentils

VIP Member
Sure, and I have plenty of negative opinions myself. I suppose I am just a little bemused at the anger this particular influencer seems to attract, considering how many absolute shockers there are out there. It sort of feels like scraping the barrel to complain just because someone came from a relatively comfortable background.
Because it's dangerous! It's dangerous to be so nonchalant about how much her privilege plays into the opportunities she is handed. To say 'ohh at least she works hard and she's alright really compared to other influencers' when its misleading to assume that her lifestyle came from purely hard graft/talent.

Yes, she may put in the work with some things. But her comfortable background is a safety vest safeguarding her in all of her 'creative' endeavours.

As a poster above clearly demonstrated, there are people working just as hard, if not way harder and not yet managing to break into the field. Why should Bethany get those opportunities? Why do her stories need to be told more than anyone elses? (rhetorical question, I know it's simply because it makes money...)

And for the record, I'd much rather read a bloody shopping list written by most people on this thread or god forbid someone from a 'very rough background' than hear another shallow story from post-polyamory, (un)ironic lady that lunches, Yer Good Dude Bert.

• Heart
Reactions: 15