Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just got advertised this course on Facebook... Now we know where she found her 'unique style...
Screenshot_20211123-215615_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I just don’t get how you can have such opportunities as she gets and treat them as casual, NBD kind of things? If I was waiting on a proposal and found out someone was crotcheting away merrily instead of getting their actual work I was expecting done I’d be a bit peeved. Also as someone who crochets, I have no idea how she’s going so fast without getting RSI - took me months to do my last jumper without wrist pain!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I just don’t get how you can have such opportunities as she gets and treat them as casual, NBD kind of things? If I was waiting on a proposal and found out someone was crotcheting away merrily instead of getting their actual work I was expecting done I’d be a bit peeved. Also as someone who crochets, I have no idea how she’s going so fast without getting RSI - took me months to do my last jumper without wrist pain!
To be fair, she is actually pretty on top of her life. She is just being a cool girl. It is annoying but it isn't real. If she was really a grifter like Callie she wouldn't have two books published. She is one of the few influencers who actually has a career.

Reactions: 4
To be fair, she is actually pretty on top of her life. She is just being a cool girl. It is annoying but it isn't real. If she was really a grifter like Callie she wouldn't have two books published. She is one of the few influencers who actually has a career.
If you can consider being in the right place, right time, having a rich family/immense privilege and being very jammy a career, then yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If you can consider being in the right place, right time, having a rich family/immense privilege and being very jammy a career, then yes.
100% this. Bethany is incredibly privileged. Can you imagine her working in a care home while grafting to get her debut book noticed?

Reactions: 7
i think it's been mentioned on this thread already, but she said on her podcast that she was approached to write a novel by her publisher and had never considered or been interested in writing fiction before that. I imagine that's a far cry from the graft most authors have to do to even get to the point of having someone look at their manuscript let alone getting published

Reactions: 13
I mean, most successful people come from middle class backgrounds. It is what it is. At least she works, she doesn't just beg for free tit all day long like some of them.

I mean, most successful people come from middle class backgrounds. It is what it is. At least she works, she doesn't just beg for free tit all day long like some of them.
I think majority of people would consider most of the things she earns income from as more of a collection of monetised hobbies...

Also, your statement above and the 'it is what it is' makes me think you're from a similar background and likely enjoy the same privileges. What a horrible point to make.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think majority of people would consider most of the things she earns income from as more of a collection of monetised hobbies...

Also, your statement above and the 'it is what it is' makes me think you're from a similar background and likely enjoy the same privileges. What a horrible point to make.
Yeah, I am. Our world is unequal.

100% this. Bethany is incredibly privileged. Can you imagine her working in a care home while grafting to get her debut book noticed?
Merely 'being privileged' is not a reason for someone's achievements to be downplayed. She comes from a middle class background, yes, but she still has worked for what she has. She isn't like a member of the Royal Family or the aristocracy who is going to inherit vast wealth and acres of land. She is middle class, not super rich. I don't understand the resentment at her, or are only people that came from very rough backgrounds allowed any praise for their achievements?

I’ve followed this thread with interest as my lifelong ambition has been to be a children's writer. It has been my absolute dream and I have held down a job as a nurse while I write, yet I’m getting nowhere. The rejections I’ve had have all been good, positive rejections, but rejections nevertheless. I can’t believe she was APPROACHED to write a book, which I’ve read and is decidedly ok. It really is right place, right time. Oh well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Merely 'being privileged' is not a reason for someone's achievements to be downplayed. She comes from a middle class background, yes, but she still has worked for what she has. She isn't like a member of the Royal Family or the aristocracy who is going to inherit vast wealth and acres of land. She is middle class, not super rich. I don't understand the resentment at her, or are only people that came from very rough backgrounds allowed any praise for their achievements?
no, but you know what tattle is for, right? people are allowed to express their annoyance at her being handed opportunities that others struggle to get, or will simply never get. This is hardly a really nasty thread compared to some of the others on here

Reactions: 9
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
no, but you know what tattle is for, right? people are allowed to express their annoyance at her being handed opportunities that others struggle to get, or will simply never get. This is hardly a really nasty thread compared to some of the others on here
Sure, and I have plenty of negative opinions myself. I suppose I am just a little bemused at the anger this particular influencer seems to attract, considering how many absolute shockers there are out there. It sort of feels like scraping the barrel to complain just because someone came from a relatively comfortable background.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.