Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That film is about the same couple though - the woman has short term memory loss.

Tbh I would think claims of plagiarism were a bit of a stretch if Bethany hadn't met the blogger.
Apparently they were good friends… but I don’t really know much about the story I just noticed these comments in her replies. They seem to be growing…

• Wow
Reactions: 1
That film is about the same couple though - the woman has short term memory loss.

Tbh I would think claims of plagiarism were a bit of a stretch if Bethany hadn't met the blogger.
Even if she had met her, how many of us are still friends with minor side characters from our life 10 years ago?! Back then Tinder was just exploding (that makes me feel old lol) and lots of people were going on multiple dates a week, I don’t think it’s a unique life story that no other millennial woman in a city ever lived, and I’m sure her blog was one of many.

Unless Bethany has literally lifted stories from those dates or sentences the blogger surely doesn’t have a leg to stand on?!

Reactions: 3
Even if she had met her, how many of us are still friends with minor side characters from our life 10 years ago?! Back then Tinder was just exploding (that makes me feel old lol) and lots of people were going on multiple dates a week, I don’t think it’s a unique life story that no other millennial woman in a city ever lived, and I’m sure her blog was one of many.

Unless Bethany has literally lifted stories from those dates or sentences the blogger surely doesn’t have a leg to stand on?!
Screenshot_20220108-231208.png

This tweet seems to suggest that Bethany had read the blog. I know nothing about the process of writing a novel but even if Bethany had completely forgotten about it you'd think that there would be a research stage that would have jogged her memory. And it would have been polite for her to reach out to the blogger then, even if just to reassure her that the novel had nothing to do with the blog.

(Am I clinging to this because I want to see Bethany's downfall? Maaaaaybe)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Agree. as much as her (Bethanys) rich person antics and dated internet speak annoy me this doesn't really seem like anything and the tweets from the blogger and her mates are a bit embarrssing - it doesn't sound like any of them have actually read the book but are just going off the tag line on the cover?

the tag line on the cover?
I need to nosy at these tweets tbh, but I could understand a bit of fuss if the blog tag line and the book were identical and tbh imagine BR would be mortified and change it just to keep things cute. But unless details or plot lines were lifted out that blog into the book I’d be hesitant to call it plagerism?

Tbh the media and publishing are so unregulated, Jack Monroe is an absolute scam artist plagerising recipes and lying through her teeth and she’s never been cancelled so BR shall stomp another day ✨

Reactions: 1
That blogger had ten years to turn her "idea" into a book 😂.

Bethany is a bellend but this doesn't seem like much of a scandal to me.

Reactions: 2
Agree. as much as her (Bethanys) rich person antics and dated internet speak annoy me this doesn't really seem like anything and the tweets from the blogger and her mates are a bit embarrssing - it doesn't sound like any of them have actually read the book but are just going off the tag line on the cover?
Dated internet speak, love it

A first date a week is hardly an original idea anyway though, I think this backlash from the blogger and her pals is a reach.

I’ve actually read the book and I’ve just had a look at a couple of blog entries and there’s absolutely zero similarities other than the idea of going on a first date every week. That’s it. The book isn’t actually really about that anyway, it’s just the catchy tagline.

also this quote from the blog is cringe as anything:

“2. Taking someone home after a drunken night on the cider does NOT count, otherwise this challenge would just be slutty, and none of us want that do we?!?”

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I feel a bit embarrassed for the blogger claiming plagiarism tbh
I agree,theres a film with basically the same premise. It would be different if BR’s book shared a title with her blog… I’m not sure what her army are attempting to achieve by tweeting BR and HC

That blogger had ten years to turn her "idea" into a book 😂.

Bethany is a bellend but this doesn't seem like much of a scandal to me.
She might have tried to. She doesn’t have all Bethany’s family connections in the industry. Probs why she’s bitter. I would be. Tbh the book and the blog sound tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My friend has; she said they were easy reading and expected more from someone who has a book podcast. Isn’t Alice writing a book?

I haven’t listened to her podcast because I can’t stand her voice but isn’t Alice the brains behind it all and the one who actually knows about books?

• Heart
I’ve actually read the book and I’ve just had a look at a couple of blog entries and there’s absolutely zero similarities other than the idea of going on a first date every week. That’s it. The book isn’t actually really about that anyway, it’s just the catchy tagline.
Is the book any good? And are there any sex scenes cos I can't imagine Bethany being able to write anything even slightly erotic.

• Haha
Is the book any good? And are there any sex scenes cos I can't imagine Bethany being able to write anything even slightly erotic.
“As we lay in each other’s arms after he had ejected his lads inside me, I stroked his massive fod and he twiddled my split ends, and said ‘you know, these good dudes would look super edgy on a badge’”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
“As we lay in each other’s arms after he had ejected his lads inside me, I stroked his massive fod and he twiddled my split ends, and said ‘you know, these good dudes would look super edgy on a badge’”
"I wrapped him in my fabulous new crocheted blanket and his teenie tiny ickle Member peeked through and I ~blushed~"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.