Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mate do you know what tattle is? Also Bethany isn’t going to shag you, the poly phase is over my friend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sure, and I have plenty of negative opinions myself. I suppose I am just a little bemused at the anger this particular influencer seems to attract, considering how many absolute shockers there are out there. It sort of feels like scraping the barrel to complain just because someone came from a relatively comfortable background.
She has a terrible attitude and appears to be very haughty and judgmental. Like you said yourself, she's not the queen of England.

Reactions: 7
Sure, and I have plenty of negative opinions myself. I suppose I am just a little bemused at the anger this particular influencer seems to attract, considering how many absolute shockers there are out there. It sort of feels like scraping the barrel to complain just because someone came from a relatively comfortable background.
Because it's dangerous! It's dangerous to be so nonchalant about how much her privilege plays into the opportunities she is handed. To say 'ohh at least she works hard and she's alright really compared to other influencers' when its misleading to assume that her lifestyle came from purely hard graft/talent.

Yes, she may put in the work with some things. But her comfortable background is a safety vest safeguarding her in all of her 'creative' endeavours.

As a poster above clearly demonstrated, there are people working just as hard, if not way harder and not yet managing to break into the field. Why should Bethany get those opportunities? Why do her stories need to be told more than anyone elses? (rhetorical question, I know it's simply because it makes money...)

And for the record, I'd much rather read a bloody shopping list written by most people on this thread or god forbid someone from a 'very rough background' than hear another shallow story from post-polyamory, (un)ironic lady that lunches, Yer Good Dude Bert.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Imagine furiously typing this BR thread take down with ur polymer clay earrings jiggling about with Lil P’s pubic trimmings swaying back and forth on them. Be careful they might fall off those Ali Express backs 😳

Tho love the universal class binary of:
A) Media darling father who buys you property that you never dare mention on Twitter
B) absolute scummer dragged up rough laughing at polymer clay earrings containing human byproducts

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Imagine furiously typing this BR thread take down with ur polymer clay earrings jiggling about with Lil P’s pubic trimmings swaying back and forth on them. Be careful they might fall off those Ali Express backs 😳

Tho love the universal class binary of:
A) Media darling father who buys you property that you never dare mention on Twitter
B) absolute scummer dragged up rough laughing at polymer clay earrings containing human byproducts
Lol, I promise I'm not actually a fan and I wouldn't buy her earrings if you paid me! I was more comparing her to the likes of Callie Thorpe who literally does nothing except scrounge freebies.

Reactions: 1
Lol, I promise I'm not actually a fan and I wouldn't buy her earrings if you paid me! I was more comparing her to the likes of Callie Thorpe who literally does nothing except scrounge freebies.
It’s all relative init - there are true crime threads & some specific to certain victims/perpetrators who probably wonder why on earth we care about undisclosed Waitrose ads! There’s a lot of threads on here to get into so enjoy ✨ but would poss recommend reading up a bit on class & privilege cos yikes x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Seeing comments that she’s stolen someone’s blog posts for her new book 👀 her sheep are excited for the book but if you look through there’s loads of comments she’s ignoring about this… hmm!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes. Replies under her “now pre order my new book” tweet.
Christ, what a fraud. This is just another example of how entitled those like Bethany are. It’s astounding to me she thought she could do such a thing and get away with it. The tweet replies calling it out are 🙌🏽 I wonder if Harper Collins will do anything about it……

Reactions: 4
Too busy being a wealthy lady of leisure to come up with her own ideas I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think it depends on whether she took content from the person's blog or not? If it's just the concept of going on one date a week for a year then I'm not sure the blogger can claim that as hers? It's been done before surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is this the name of the book? because it already exists.
And yes the concept sounds familiar.
Screenshot_20220108-224119_Chrome.jpg

I think it depends on whether she took content from the person's blog or not? If it's just the concept of going on one date a week for a year then I'm not sure the blogger can claim that as hers? It's been done before surely?
Agree - isn’t there even a movie called 50 first dates? I don’t think the concept of smashing through dates is anything new.

Agree - isn’t there even a movie called 50 first dates? I don’t think the concept of smashing through dates is anything new.
That film is about the same couple though - the woman has short term memory loss.

Tbh I would think claims of plagiarism were a bit of a stretch if Bethany hadn't met the blogger.

Reactions: 2
I suppose it could be that the book is similar in style to the blog too, and not just the concept?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.