Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Bethany has worked so hard that she's having to stomp to yoga instead of trot 😞

Screenshot_20211006-143358.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Must be nice to own property in London, buy expensive clothes and make up and go for fancy meals constantly without ever having to work hard…
To be fair, she probably works a lot harder than she admits. She has two novels out, and that isn't easy. She is trying to be a cool girl by pretending to be lazy, I think. I have to say I find her a lot less annoying than Callie Thorpe. At least Bethany writes proper English and has an actual job.

Reactions: 3
The story about the eggs ffs!

Why is everything she posts a weird humble brag about how privileged she is?

Reactions: 4
Urgh. I mean, I have to admit that I love Buford Brown eggs for the same reason, they have lovely golden yolks and they taste great. However, I don't feel the need to tell instagram about my egg preferences! I do think that London people can get quite one-uppy and aspirational: I was at UCL and I know what the West London set are like.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
To be fair, she probably works a lot harder than she admits. She has two novels out, and that isn't easy. She is trying to be a cool girl by pretending to be lazy, I think. I have to say I find her a lot less annoying than Callie Thorpe. At least Bethany writes proper English and has an actual job.
I went to UCL and I came across a few people like Bethany. They act as if they barely did anything at uni but will come out with good grades and summer internships. She is obviously pretending to be all laissez faire, it pisses me off.

Reactions: 6
I went to UCL and I came across a few people like Bethany. They act as if they barely did anything at uni but will come out with good grades and summer internships. She is obviously pretending to be all laissez faire, it pisses me off.
Fake nonchalance is so posh😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 808302Or just actually pay for your classes, you rich wanker.
And the class she was raving about last week has an inclusive teacher who I notice Bethany didn't really mention despite her being the reason she wanted to do the class apparently.

I want to attend one of their classes too but can't afford it and it's upsetting to see that Bethany isn't using this as an opportunity to uplift inclusive teachers who're doing good things.

My ex is a yoga teacher for a studio and especially in London, a lot of the teachers are self employed and rely on people enrolling and paying and so word of mouth is very important.

Our good dude Bert is in the perfect, lady of leisure position to afford a yoga class and this is a sick attitude displayed in the tweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Funny how sheshared a post from that inclusive Yoga teacher, plugging a free online yoga class.

She claims that it made her feel ‘~empowered’ to go to other instructors? No, was it not just because you wanted to milk all the free classes you could so went door to door to every yoga place that would let you ~stomp in?

tbh also WHAT is with her and her online pals saying things like ‘meeting with a nü publicist’ and ~empowering and generally capitalising things that don’t need to be capitalised.

it seems like she knows she’s bragging or coming across pretentious or any equally undesirable trait, but thinks she can get away with it by drawing attention to and making like of that herself.

She says: I just bought some really expensive eggs from my local independent grocery shop.

Most people’s reaction: Bit of a snob with a very easy boring life

Instead she says: Yer Good Dude Bert just ~invested in some güd eggs from The Shops

Intended reaction: oh haha funny, at least she’s self aware enough to make light of her own privilege

At least that’s what I assume she’s trying to do????

85F698FE-216F-4900-9696-B921C3591FE9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
tbh also WHAT is with her and her online pals saying things like ‘meeting with a nü publicist’ and ~empowering and generally capitalising things that don’t need to be capitalised.
Right!! Can't remember if i've said it here before but she always sounds like a Gen Z parody of cringe tit millennials say. Like all her LiNgO is really only a hair's breadth away from amazeballs/so i did a thing/live laugh love type crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.