Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The club night was Dancing On My Own or DOMO! I vaguely remember that time as well, mine & Bert’s paths briefly crossed although I never went to DOMO.
Ha I’ve been calling it FOMO! Knew it was something like that 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oooh! I used to follow BR on Twitter when I still went over there and was actually due to go to DOMO a few times but never happened for one reason or another. Who was the chubby-chaser guy? I remember she had some super obnoxious-seeming Scandi bf for a time and was always making a huge deal of how this really hot guy fancied her. Wasn't he a fair bit older as well? I did not get good vibes off that dude.

Oooh! I used to follow BR on Twitter when I still went over there and was actually due to go to DOMO a few times but never happened for one reason or another. Who was the chubby-chaser guy? I remember she had some super obnoxious-seeming Scandi bf for a time and was always making a huge deal of how this really hot guy fancied her. Wasn't he a fair bit older as well? I did not get good vibes off that dude.
She had the Scandi BF and there was some other Scandi guy in poly circles he knew that turned out to be a chubby chaser without making that clear or that he was ‘poly’ rather than dating/hooking up individually with them. He knew they all knew each other but he was only in London part of the time (I think like in the book some teaching gig?) and so would see them with anyone realising they were on a Nordic box set time share.

It was grim. He was super unethical in many ways and I never established if Bethany’s BF vouched for him or she waa aware of him playing them all off. But I don’t think she knew because rightly I don’t see her entertaining a chubby chaser (especially one that didn’t want to adore just her…)

I never encountered the Scandi BF but no one I knew who had liked him. He sounded awful and I remember hoping her husband is much nicer because it sounded like a lot of people got caught up. BUT I recall several others were less sympathetic to her role and not impressed that she kept talking about his size like it was appropriate.

Her books should be way more interesting. She did not live a dull life!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember when she did a huge OTT apology for playing Spice Up Your Life at DOMO because people were offended by the yellow man in Timbuktu line?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The scandi guy was Denis who's Norwegian, he had a gf in Norway at the same time as yer ole pal Bert who she was intimidated by.

I had a fair overlap of social group with her in the DOMO era too but never went to it for various reasons.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, she was still quite immature at the time and kind of flaunted 'LOOK AT MY HOT OLDER SCANDI BF WHO FANCIES FAT HAIRY WOMEN' like she couldn't quite believe her luck. I think he was a dick in terms of personality though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The scandi guy was Denis who's Norwegian, he had a gf in Norway at the same time as yer ole pal Bert who she was intimidated by.

I had a fair overlap of social group with her in the DOMO era too but never went to it for various reasons.
Oooh was it just Scandi Denis then? I was under the impression there were two well endowed Scandi men who liked fat queer women at the same time. I knew Denis and yer pal Bert were poly/open but assumed that she had a Scandi type with a Denis double who was also sleeping with four of her friends I overlapped with. The polyam The Parent Trap (aka I could not keep up with so much drama about people I could not put name to face on…)

But I’m actually quite mash all the emojis indicating WTF if Denis was sleeping with her and at least four of her close friends and all five of them were not entirely aware of the full openness of the situation. That’s Eastenders in New Cross nightclubs.

Which means writing hot Viking fat appreciator with impressive appendage into the book as a positive seems even more inappropriate. I know at least two really close friendships ended horribly over the Randy Scandi Show in the circles I heard about.

I remain irritated she writes such flat prose with such amazing backstory. I am a bit scared where Alice got her writing skills because her book was brilliant and I kept thinking ‘she really observes character. I wish Bethany’s writing did the same because I would read the hell out it.’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Alright m8… congrats churning out (by all accounts) poorly written romance fluff while having precisely zero caring or work responsibilities and apparently infinite cash 🙄 now she wants to become a writing teacher ??? Step 1: be approached by a YA publisher despite having no previous interest in writing step 2: ???? Step 3: profit

if it sounds salty it’s cos I am lol, wish I had the inter generational wealth to piss about in central London and not work soul crushing badly paid jobs lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Alright m8… congrats churning out (by all accounts) poorly written romance fluff while having precisely zero caring or work responsibilities and apparently infinite cash 🙄 now she wants to become a writing teacher ??? Step 1: be approached by a YA publisher despite having no previous interest in writing step 2: ???? Step 3: profit

if it sounds salty it’s cos I am lol, wish I had the inter generational wealth to piss about in central London and not work soul crushing badly paid jobs lol
Oh to have inter generational wealth. Sigh

Reactions: 11
Oh to have inter generational wealth. Sigh

But you would still fill us in on where one gets €4 pints and value patisserie in Paris right to let us know yer pal gets it right?

I assumed until her that intergenerational wealth didn’t quote the price tag every single time but I assume her book will be a big shopping list of Vinted bargains to be written this fast 😜

Reactions: 1
Well being fat is a transient state, as is being thin. I hate when people comment on my weight but as someone who goes up and down, if someone comments on my weight loss I always say "don't get too excited I'll be bigger again in a few months"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do like "live fat, die yum" as a phrase.
If I’m going to die yum, I want better looking afternoon tea than Claridge’s today. Her dress and hotel both look the posh treat ticket as they definitely aren’t bargain finds but honestly those scones looked like when you buy Taste the Difference and plate it and hope no one realises you did not have time to whip it up 😜

Also the subtweets will be losing it at her loving ‘dinky sandwiches’ now her lifestyle change is getting noticed 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.