Ben Chilwell #12 50% lovely, 50% cringe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I thought this through makes me think something has gone on with his 🧠 or something I see him not going and I think it’s better for him to not as much as it would hurt him but what would be point of him going all that way for so long and not being played to only mentally exhaust him again

It just makes sense how he’s hardly not played this year too but coming from a bad injury must be really hard for him

However I do think he’s going to make it with all comments aimed at Trent that Southgate has been saying I think he’s going to go and this will happen

I think Southgate will pick Reece Kyle trippier Luke chilly and keep Trent at home with all comments aimed at Trent and didn’t include him match squad

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yeah I thought this through makes me think something has gone on with his 🧠 or something I see him not going and I think it’s better for him to not as much as it would hurt him but what would be point of him going all that way for so long and not being played to only mentally exhaust him again

It just makes sense how he’s hardly not played this year too but coming from a bad injury must be really hard for him

However I do think he’s going to make it with all comments aimed at Trent that Southgate has been saying I think he’s going to go and this will happen

I think Southgate will pick Reece Kyle trippier Luke chilly and keep Trent at home with all comments aimed at Trent and didn’t include him match squad
I think the 🧠 was probably referring to his mental health struggles and maybe his struggle to get fully fit again. It’s a hard one because if he goes and is on the bench the whole time at least he still gets the experience with his friends/teammates, but at the same time it must be soul destroying to not ever be involved so maybe it’s better that he doesn’t go?

I’m not sure what he will do about Trent, any other manager and he would be one of the first names on the team sheet but this is Southgate we are talking about. The amount of backlash he’s getting might mean he calls him up, the same happened with the euros when everyone thought he wasn’t going to pick him but he did.

Reactions: 1
I think the 🧠 was probably referring to his mental health struggles and maybe his struggle to get fully fit again. It’s a hard one because if he goes and is on the bench the whole time at least he still gets the experience with his friends/teammates, but at the same time it must be soul destroying to not ever be involved so maybe it’s better that he doesn’t go?

I’m not sure what he will do about Trent, any other manager and he would be one of the first names on the team sheet but this is Southgate we are talking about. The amount of backlash he’s getting might mean he calls him up, the same happened with the euros when everyone thought he wasn’t going to pick him but he did.
Yeah I get what your saying I think it’s best for him not to go because there’s no point in sitting on bench all time to mentally exhaust him but I actually do think In Gareth’s plans he is going to make it so he isn’t left out but yeah I totally agree With you it probably has been hard for him !

He’s so supportive and massive character in the dressing room aswell makes me think he probably will go

Last edited:
For me personally I would rather go and sit on the bench than be at home watching my mates playing. Yes, I would be devastated not playing but then again you get to experience the whole World Cup thing, train with your mates, have team building things with them, watching the other games with them etc.
After the euros he talked about what an amazing experience it was for him & that he will tell his kids about it (I’m ready Benjamin, just call yk 😏), so despite not playing -what obviously must’ve hurt him- he still enjoyed this time..

Reactions: 6
May be unpopular this but we would love him to go. Firstly for him to be part of the whole experience as he may not get another shot. All his life he said he has wanted to be in the World Cup and this may be his only chance to be part of it. And he MIGHT get to play. You never know - Shaw might have a couple of shockers (not unheard of) and he gets a chance. Some forget that the Covid isolation period during the EUROs did not help his chances of playing during that time. I think a lot will depend on what Potter does with him over the next few weeks. Second, we really want to see him play - he's brilliant to watch and dangerous to the op too. Finally, no wonder he may (not confirmed) have some mental health problems - unlike everyone else in the England team he is fighting back from what would have normally been a career ending injury. It would be a massive confidence boost after this year of fighting back to be then chosen. That's just our thoughts. Welcome to disagree.

Yeah as I said I think the plan is to drop Trent why so much has been said by Southgate
It makes sense
Reece Kyle trippier
Luke chilly they won’t take 4 RB

I think he’s going to go to be apart of team don’t forget Southgate has known chilly years was his coach under 21 etc I see him going over trent

Reactions: 3
Sorry just to add... with the EUROs he had just come off the back of winning the Champions League and expected to play, hence how it hit his mental health. This time if chosen he is more prepared mentally that he may or may not have a chance so should be less of an issue, and would be relieved and proud of himself that he has pulled himself back into the squad following the injury. Sermon over...xx

May be unpopular this but we would love him to go. Firstly for him to be part of the whole experience as he may not get another shot. All his life he said he has wanted to be in the World Cup and this may be his only chance to be part of it. And he MIGHT get to play. You never know - Shaw might have a couple of shockers (not unheard of) and he gets a chance. Some forget that the Covid isolation period during the EUROs did not help his chances of playing during that time. I think a lot will depend on what Potter does with him over the next few weeks. Second, we really want to see him play - he's brilliant to watch and dangerous to the op too. Finally, no wonder he may (not confirmed) have some mental health problems - unlike everyone else in the England team he is fighting back from what would have normally been a career ending injury. It would be a massive confidence boost after this year of fighting back to be then chosen. That's just our thoughts. Welcome to disagree.
Yeah I think this is where i’m at. Would be amazing to say you were a part of a world cup squad, even if you don’t play. I’m definitely not a Chelsea fan in the slightest but I hope he gets more time, I think he should definitely be starting ahead of who is right now.

Yeah as I said I think the plan is to drop Trent why so much has been said by Southgate
It makes sense
Reece Kyle trippier
Luke chilly they won’t take 4 RB

I think he’s going to go to be apart of team don’t forget Southgate has known chilly years was his coach under 21 etc I see him going over trent
I don’t think it’s either Trent or Ben, as they don’t even play the same position. They could both be chosen, but Southgate’s weird agenda against Trent will probably mean he won’t go.

Last edited:

It makes sense because they could say Kieran could play left back but for chilys sake Gareth is shoving Trent out I see the picture

They won’t take 4 right backs anyways but I do see chilly going

Sorry just to add... with the EUROs he had just come off the back of winning the Champions League and expected to play, hence how it hit his mental health. This time if chosen he is more prepared mentally that he may or may not have a chance so should be less of an issue, and would be relieved and proud of himself that he has pulled himself back into the squad following the injury. Sermon over...xx
This is so true and he knows and Southgate would of spoken to him

And exactly it’s still a massive thing to say I made the 2022 World Cup who gets to say that? 26 players in whole Country and he won’t be only one that doesn’t play

Last edited:

It makes sense because they could say Kieran could play left back but for chilys sake Gareth is shoving Trent out I see the picture

They won’t take 4 right backs anyways but I do see chilly going

This is so true and he knows and Southgate would of spoken to him

And exactly it’s still a massive thing to say I made the 2022 World Cup who gets to say that? 26 players in whole Country and he won’t be only one that doesn’t play
Agree. He said that he had been in constant contact with Southgate during his recovery process. I think Southgate will really try to make sure he is in the team if he can but that may depend partly on Potter. Also, as you said earlier he is a positive personality in the dressing room and popular with his team mates (even if its just to look after Grealish!!), great watching out for the younger players (who I see in the Guardian have been struggling mentally says Southgate) so he's needed for morale. So fingers crossed he is chosen. Sad for Trent though that he may be sacrificed but he is younger and has more chances in the future maybe.

Reactions: 4
Agree. He said that he had been in constant contact with Southgate during his recovery process. I think Southgate will really try to make sure he is in the team if he can but that may depend partly on Potter. Also, as you said earlier he is a positive personality in the dressing room and popular with his team mates (even if its just to look after Grealish!!), great watching out for the younger players (who I see in the Guardian have been struggling mentally says Southgate) so he's needed for morale. So fingers crossed he is chosen. Sad for Trent though that he may be sacrificed but he is younger and has more chances in the future maybe.
So so I and chilly is more poplar than Trent in dresssing room other things come into factor when picking I see him making it if he gets time with potter

*exactly

Reactions: 1
I have no doubt that Trent will be chosen in the future when England get a new manager. He’s only turning 24 so still has plenty of time, same with Sancho and the others, Ben is still only going to be turning 26 so he still has time too.

Reactions: 2
Poor chilly.
He needs all that pent-up feelings draining out of him.......

😀😀😛😛😛😎😈😱😱

• Haha
Southgate will be gone after World Cup and all attacking players willl get a chance including Ben to play more

Abbie just text me saying 180 people have turned up to chillys event she is front row🤣

• Wow

Omiigod😂😂😂 they must have met or something he now follows serge🙊😍 he is actually one of my favs since arsenal days😭 hector and him used to hold tumblr girlies -me- on chokehold years ago😂

• Heart

Omiigod😂😂😂 they must have met or something he now follows serge🙊😍 he is actually one of my favs since arsenal days😭 hector and him used to hold tumblr girlies -me- on chokeholds years ago😂
Yeah I saw him and Reece swapped shirts last night in the england video aswell

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.