Ashley James #31 family of four; me, ADaline and my boobs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This! I loved weaning! I loved watching each reaction to a new food, videoed them and still watch them back now. I couldn’t imagine leaving that to someone else, not even my husband. She’s mad 🤯
I totally understand why someone might choose to delegate some of the responsibility for weaning, but only really because of the mess (I say this as someone who made the misguided decision to give my spoon feeding refuser six month old Weetabix for breakfast, I'll be finding that smeared on the table/floor/in her hair for the rest of the day), and I wouldn't trust my husband to do the weaning because it would be a child weaned exclusively on to chocolate pudding 😂
But in all seriousness I think the weaning really is an extension to the bonding that you have when breast or bottle feeding, so passing that on to someone else so early in the feeding journey (especially in this case where it's not needed because she's not really working) is pretty poor. Based on the updates we see Ashley is only likely to get a rose tinted view of how much Ada is actually eating from these weaning pots rather than seeing for herself how much goes in and stays in (I would expect at this point that it's possible quite a bit is tried but also a fair amount will be spat back out again).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If you need a proofreader, I’m sure Ashley has some time on her hands
I’m sorry to say that that’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard…! 😳 My beautiful prose would be turned into a wasteland (not the TS Eliot one, the post-apocalyptic nightmare from whence Ms James’ fashion sense was born). The woman can’t even spell ‘matrescence’, thinking it something to do with the new bedroom furniture she’s trying to blag online. Ms James should stick to not placing her children in deathtraps (cots and now prams) and leave the creative stuff to the grownups…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
5D28DD48-F20C-465A-A78B-4311D7C69C2A.png

Why? To demonise him?

Strap the baby into that damn bleeping pram you stupid moron 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
WHO is saying to a parent ‘hopefully you can get some rest this weekend’

NO ONE! That’s who! Another made up story from Trash!

Reactions: 13
Ash just isn’t interested in food full stop. The puréed vegetables will last about 2 weeks (generous) and then it will be pouches. At weekends she will forget and will breastfeed for convenience. She won’t learn from her mistakes with Alf as she doesn’t think they were mistakes, she thinks he’s just difficult.

Reactions: 17
She’s really not got a clue about pumping either has she? Why is she pumping on the way to the childminder with Ada? She should be giving her a good feed beforehand and then pumping missed feeds in the day and using that supply the next day.

Don’t get me started on Tommy Tickle 🤢 does he know how to interact with them any other way without tickling?

Reactions: 19
She’s really not got a clue about pumping either has she? Why is she pumping on the way to the childminder with Ada? She should be giving her a good feed beforehand and then pumping missed feeds in the day and using that supply the next day.

Don’t get me started on Tommy Tickle 🤢 does he know how to interact with them any other way without tickling?
The tickling thing is so weird. Very creepy and If that’s the only way to make them smile it’s very sad.

Reactions: 14
Can’t believe she has offloaded the start of weaning to the child minder.

I think it’s such a fun time, seeing your baby explore food for the first time and watching their little expressions as they have first tastes of new flavours.

Instead Ashley has decided she would rather have nothing to do with it, highlighting her detachment from parenting once again.
Forgive me if I’m talking out of my bottom - as all you know I don’t have or like (although I’ll make an exception for little Alf) children; but I thought you started them off with more neutral or bitter flavours when weaning, as getting their palate accustomed initially to sweet foods such as carrots, parsnips, yams and so on means they’ll reject things like broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and so on later?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So is she sending Ada to 'school' with insufficient food? Surely the CM would say something g. I apologise if I've picked it up wrong.

Reactions: 6
What is she talking about? People are transparent about their child care that I know? Who is out there lying about their arrangements?

It’s just life as a working parent, you plan but curve balls will happen - kids will be sick and unexpected things will arise. You do it if you can. We don’t all go dragging a grandparent and baby across the city. She makes it difficult. She didn’t have to go.

What is she talking about? People are transparent about their child care that I know? Who is out there lying about their arrangements?

It’s just life as a working parent, you plan but curve balls will happen - kids will be sick and unexpected things will arise. You do it if you can. We don’t all go dragging a grandparent and baby across the city. She makes it difficult. She didn’t have to go.
she prioritises soooo much above her kids. I have a “proper” job compared to her and still my work has to come last when my kids need something, which I think is pretty usual for those of us juggling actual responsibilities
---
Forgive me if I’m talking out of my bottom - as all you know I don’t have or like (although I’ll make an exception for little Alf) children; but I thought you started them off with more neutral or bitter flavours when weaning, as getting their palate accustomed initially to sweet foods such as carrots, parsnips, yams and so on means they’ll reject things like broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and so on later?
you’re right, this is often suggested. There’s so much you can do to help a child with self feeding skills and encourage a positive relationship with food. Obviously Ash hasn’t done any of this and her instincts have resulted in a 2.5 yo with a restricted diet who can’t feed himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Do you think Ash would ever give a shout out to parents out there who do a real job like you know having to leave the house at an ungodly hour to commute to their 9 till 5 job, come back pick child up from childcare then do the same thing the next day? She doesn't know she's bleeping born does she?. Also at this point I think her hatred of men is bordering on obsessive. I wouldn't be surprised if Alf and Ada's conception involved a yoghurt pot and turkey baster.

Reactions: 21
she prioritises soooo much above her kids. I have a “proper” job compared to her and still my work has to come last when my kids need something, which I think is pretty usual for those of us juggling actual responsibilities
---

you’re right, this is often suggested. There’s so much you can do to help a child with self feeding skills and encourage a positive relationship with food. Obviously Ash hasn’t done any of this and her instincts have resulted in a 2.5 yo with a restricted diet who can’t feed himself.
He also can’t eat without an iPad or phone to distract him. It’s truly awful.

sorry like hell is she 'working' 10-10. 1) a work 'dinner' for which you are not being paid and which is really a perk or freebie from your agency/ spa brand / whatever is not work, it's pleasure. if she didn't want to be away from Ada that long she could have easily said no, sorry I'm breastfeeding I can't. that's what a normal mother would have done.

2) if she only starts work at 10 no need for either of them to be in childcare before then. Alf going in at 7:30 as if his parents are junior doctors or something is absolutely ridiculous.

3) those videos of both of them in the pram - makes no sense if they start at different times? can't keep up with her lies

4) had to say she had a longer day than Tommy to remind everyone that she's the supposed breadwinner and hardworker in the family. but then let slip that half her day is a bloody work dinner. When in reality her career is on the compost heap. and she's trying to pretend it's such a juggle but actually her nightmare of becoming at SAHM is ever approaching....

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.