Ashley James #28 my body is Ada’s home, Alf’s is down the road

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only ones he knew were abcdefg and then it was just a jumble of sounds.

He knows 1/3 of the alphabet song at 2.5. Wow someone call Mensa.

Toddler learns some of song! Let the daily fail know!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My kids used to love watching Barney the Dinosaur when they were little if you've never seen it, don't start now 🤣! ....

they could recite the alphabet but only because they learned by rote ....took them till they were in reception class until they understood that the letters meant something more and the words in the stories I'd read to them were made up of these letters
Alf's just copying parrot fashion and is not some child prodigy ....she'd be better spending her time getting his walking seen to

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Made me laugh her story on how Alf knows soooo much. He knows a song from uncle ipad.. not the alphabet. If my kid had been chucked into childcare for 1000 hours a week and in front Caties Classroom for a year and a half, I’d hope he knew half the alphabet too 🙄

Reactions: 9
How was she cold. Their house must be freezing
She probably wasn’t. Same as Alf wasn’t always “ teething” Ash just has banged on about her dream baby girl sleep for so long now she can’t help herself

Reactions: 7
Made me laugh her story on how Alf knows soooo much. He knows a song from uncle ipad.. not the alphabet. If my kid had been chucked into childcare for 1000 hours a week and in front Caties Classroom for a year and a half, I’d hope he knew half the alphabet too 🙄
Honestly, she only has any affection for him if he’s being a ‘genius’. Otherwise she shows disdain for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Children can do the alphabet, recognise letters, understand the sounds and letters, “m is for mummy and monster’ etc at Alf’s age but Alf absolutley cant.

• Sad
She’s a classic narcissistic parent: only interested when he performs and reflects well on her.

He doesn’t know his alphabet, he’s learnt a song and knows he gets praise when he demonstrates this rote learning.

he’s not interested in Ada but gets praise when he straddles her and shows “gentle hands”

it’s all performative and for ash’s benefit/sense of worth.

• Sad
She’s a classic narcissistic parent: only interested when he performs and reflects well on her.

He doesn’t know his alphabet, he’s learnt a song and knows he gets praise when he demonstrates this rote learning.

he’s not interested in Ada but gets praise when he straddles her and shows “gentle hands”

it’s all performative and for ash’s benefit/sense of worth.
She’s probably just hoping he’ll be clever enough to pass the entry exams to boarding school

Reactions: 4
My kids used to love watching Barney the Dinosaur when they were little if you've never seen it, don't start now 🤣! ....

they could recite the alphabet but only because they learned by rote ....took them till they were in reception class until they understood that the letters meant something more and the words in the stories I'd read to them were made up of these letters
Alf's just copying parrot fashion and is not some child prodigy ....she'd be better spending her time getting his walking seen to
Exactly this! When my kids were tiny I used to see loads of people saying they can count to X but then I heard this early years expert saying counting is fine but it's just repetition by memory. Early maths skills are attributing numbers to objects and knowing how many are actually there. This is what I do with my 3 year old now eg how many sweeties have you got. He can accurately do about 11 now. Memorising a song or a sequence is normal at Alf's age.

Reactions: 6
She’s soooo self obsessed she could be a caricature.

Those sculptures remind me of the one they steal from the step mum in Fleabag.

• Haha
Imagine being a child/teenager and your mum’s got a mini sculpture of herself naked breastfeeding you on display in the house. Bloody weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
"postpartum bodies deserve to be celebrated too"

Her 'postpartum body' is most people's dream body.

• Haha
bleeping hell. New narc levels right there.

CAN YOU COPE 🤪
But also interesting that she waited until 4.5 months before doing this with her ‘post partum body’ …. didnt want her 4 week PP body immortalised in bronze I take it??

Reactions: 20
How sad being in your toddlers room with your other child makes you feel nostalgic about Alf as a baby, because clearly she doesn’t spend any time in Alfs room with Alf himself

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Wtf is she talking about feeling nostalgic that she used to ‘spend so much time in Alf’s room’, it’s as if he’s 7 18 and moved out for boarding school uni. Just shows how little time she spends with Alf if she doesn’t even go in his room!
---
How sad being in your toddlers room with your other child makes you feel nostalgic about Alf as a baby, because clearly she doesn’t spend any time in Alfs room with Alf himself
Snap 😆

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.