Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I don’t even have anyone on my social media talking about these protests, if I wasn’t for here I wouldnt know it’s happening 😂
There's a woman who I used to work with that's all over it. Think she's attended a few. Posted all sorts of stuff. Would have never thought she would go that way.

Jellybb

VIP Member
Thanks for the nice responses on pregnancy and the vaccine..
it really doesn’t sit well with me and it makes my toes curl that pregnant women like Rachel Riley is promoting vaccines while pregnant 🙈

Thats a tough one. That ship has long since sailed for me, but I see it would be a reason I would hold off, for sure.
my mum had morning sickness and her doctor gave her a choice - have a cigarette first thing to stop the nausea or Thalidomide. Luckilly she went with the ciggie.
Oh my god i lolled at that 🤣 a ciggie in the morning 🤣🤣 how times have changed eh? And thank goodness she opted for the ciggie ❤

Moth

VIP Member
Who has said that suicide rates do not matter? It is incredibly sad that so many have missed out or waited the best part of a year for treatment.
Again somebody asserting that these issues are being ignored does not make it true. The Nuffield Trust explained of mortality rates includes the acknowledgement that ...

" ... it remains possible that some of the extra deaths may occur as a result of people not seeking help for other illnesses, or because the NHS stopped planned treatment – which includes care for life-threatening conditions such as cancer, as well as routine check-ups.
In addition, the lockdown response to the pandemic will have affected the risk of death from other causes – from road traffic accidents through to falls and injuries, drug and alcohol related deaths, and suicide. The impact of these wider changes won’t be clear for some time".

DreamDolly

VIP Member
While I think Piers Corbyn is completely wrong in his claims about Covid-19, I don't think he is a 'grifter' type of conspiracy theorist. There are far worse examples, plenty begging for 'donations' or selling useless and sometimes dangerous medical treatments.
Things like that happen everywhere, not just in the CT community. I have no idea why that even matters tbh.

DreamDolly

VIP Member
It's become very manipulative, trying to play on people's emotions. Very like how some of the grifting 'influencers' behave, really. And of course some people fall for it, because we can all have soft hearts and sympathy, and so then we are prepared to read their nonsense and be taken in by it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, it's worrying. It causes actual harm.
Can you possibly explain what you meant by this please? As I don’t understand what you mean by “Manipulative, playing on people’s emotions”?
because I’ve never seen anything like that? Can you provide a link? Thanks!

DreamDolly

VIP Member
You've no idea why people selling useless and/or dangerous medical treatments matters?

Some members of the 'CT community' are grifters, promoting their ridiculous ideas to make money. I don't think Piers Corbyn is one of them
You only have to look in the back pages of newspapers/Sunday magazines etc, to see that kind of stuff. Look at “Chinese Herbalists”, they sell a variety of “medical treatments”. I imagine that you can buy other “dangerous medical treatments” on e-bay or Craigslist!!
My point is this - People will buy things that could be dangerous to them, look at cigarettes/alcohol even bloody Fireworks!! There will always be a market for that kind of thing, but to assume it’s a CT thing is a huge reach - even for you 😂

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter 🐣 😬

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
There is a tendency amongst some CT-ers to try to hide their true intentions by saying that they just want people to consider as much information as possible before making the decision whether to have the vaccination or not. However not all 'information' should be given equal weight so looking at an article, a website or YouTube video should be the start of the process of that consideration. What is the authority of the source, has the information been checked for accuracy / quality, are conclusions based on research or actual figures that can be checked in other sources, does the article appear in a scholarly journal that is peer-reviewed, is the information corroborated by other sources etc?

As an example I posted upthread about the 'information' on FB and elsewhere that the Covid-19 vaccine may cause Prion's Disease (better known as Mad Cow Disease) was originated by Dr J Bart Classen. He is a research immunologist and licensed doctor with a medical degree from the University of Maryland which indicates some level of expertise.

On the less positive side, he has a history of aligning himself to the 'anti-vax' theories proposed by Dr Andrew Wakefield that link vaccines to a wide range of conditions including autism and diabetes. The results of his latest research into links between vaccines and Prion's Disease were published in the open access journal 'Microbiology and Infectious Diseases' which is hosted by SciVision which has been identified as a 'predatory publisher' i.e. one aimed at profiting from academics instead of offering rigorous peer review.

As for Dr Classen's research, he simply states in his paper that the COVID vaccines contain various RNA sequences that may trigger Prion's and other neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's. He doesn't say how the analysis was done, what software was used, what controls he used (if any). None of the evidence one would expect to find to support scientific research just the entirely speculative, completely unsupported conclusion. Far from peer review or support from other sources, his assertions have been roundly condemned.

When he was asked to elaborate on his research, Dr Classen replied that his paper "speaks for itself". Of course, it doesn't as piece of scientific research but perhaps is more successful as an example of 'Brandolini's Law' which states that "the amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it."
there have been similar arguments about patients for vaccines that, when challenged go ignored, on a few social media platforms.
Having a 28 hour video or link to a weird site proven to be inaccurate is not welcome

mcfeez

VIP Member
What is the Madeleine McCann stuff? I didn't think there were conspiracies around it, I thought they'd ruled out the parents involvement.

Moth

VIP Member
It seems to be a document from this site - Safeguarding - Prevent radicalisation and extremism | Learning resources | National Improvement Hub (education.gov.scot)

Under the section 'key prevent policies and documents.' Found it by googling one of the phrases. I agree the posting of screenshots is very frustrating.
Thanks. I tried googling some phrases and I think might have even found that website but I was obviously too tired last night to read it properly. Perhaps that's what happened to the person that thinks the children of parents who don't wear a mask, test or accept the vaccine must be reported to the authorities.