Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's become very manipulative, trying to play on people's emotions. Very like how some of the grifting 'influencers' behave, really. And of course some people fall for it, because we can all have soft hearts and sympathy, and so then we are prepared to read their nonsense and be taken in by it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, it's worrying. It causes actual harm.
Can you possibly explain what you meant by this please? As I don’t understand what you mean by “Manipulative, playing on people’s emotions”?
because I’ve never seen anything like that? Can you provide a link? Thanks!

Can you possibly explain what you meant by this please? As I don’t understand what you mean by “Manipulative, playing on people’s emotions”?
because I’ve never seen anything like that? Can you provide a link? Thanks!

I'd say that nutters like Piers Corbyn are most certainly manipulative and play on people's emotions. Would you say that him and his anti-lockdown super spreader events were a force for good?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'd say that nutters like Piers Corbyn are most certainly manipulative and play on people's emotions. Would you say that him and his anti-lockdown super spreader events were a force for good?
First of all Piers is hardly a “nutter”, he’s an academic who is demonstrating against the government. Why is that an issue? Surely everyone has the right to demonstrate if they don’t agree with something? Can you actually prove that Piers is a “Super Spreader”??? 🥱

Whoops - wrong emoji !! ....😝

• Haha
Reactions: 2
While I think Piers Corbyn is completely wrong in his claims about Covid-19, I don't think he is a 'grifter' type of conspiracy theorist. There are far worse examples, plenty begging for 'donations' or selling useless and sometimes dangerous medical treatments.

While I think Piers Corbyn is completely wrong in his claims about Covid-19, I don't think he is a 'grifter' type of conspiracy theorist. There are far worse examples, plenty begging for 'donations' or selling useless and sometimes dangerous medical treatments.
Things like that happen everywhere, not just in the CT community. I have no idea why that even matters tbh.

Things like that happen everywhere, not just in the CT community. I have no idea why that even matters tbh.
You've no idea why people selling useless and/or dangerous medical treatments matters?

Some members of the 'CT community' are grifters, promoting their ridiculous ideas to make money. I don't think Piers Corbyn is one of them

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You've no idea why people selling useless and/or dangerous medical treatments matters?

Some members of the 'CT community' are grifters, promoting their ridiculous ideas to make money. I don't think Piers Corbyn is one of them
You only have to look in the back pages of newspapers/Sunday magazines etc, to see that kind of stuff. Look at “Chinese Herbalists”, they sell a variety of “medical treatments”. I imagine that you can buy other “dangerous medical treatments” on e-bay or Craigslist!!
My point is this - People will buy things that could be dangerous to them, look at cigarettes/alcohol even bloody Fireworks!! There will always be a market for that kind of thing, but to assume it’s a CT thing is a huge reach - even for you 😂

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter 🐣 😬

You only have to look in the back pages of newspapers/Sunday magazines etc, to see that kind of stuff. Look at “Chinese Herbalists”, they sell a variety of “medical treatments”. I imagine that you can buy other “dangerous medical treatments” on e-bay or Craigslist!!
My point is this - People will buy things that could be dangerous to them, look at cigarettes/alcohol even bloody Fireworks!! There will always be a market for that kind of thing, but to assume it’s a CT thing is a huge reach - even for you 😂

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter 🐣 😬
I think you are so determined to defend 'the CT community' and to attack me that you don't actually read the posts properly.

Piers Corbyn was compared to 'grifting influencers'. I don't think he is a grifter although some other CT-ers are. I never said only CT-ers were grifters. I hope that's cleared that up for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not a Piers Corbyn fan but I don't think he's a grifter; manipulative, yes. I imagine there's worse out there though.
So interesting to see how people react. :)

• Haha
I think you are so determined to defend 'the CT community' and to attack me that you don't actually read the posts properly.

Piers Corbyn was compared to 'grifting influencers'. I don't think he is a grifter although some other CT-ers are. I never said only CT-ers were grifters. I hope that's cleared that up for you.
Attack you? Really? I thought your post about thalidomide yesterday was very well written and I thanked you for it. Hardly the actions of someone who is trying to “attack” you...🙄
As for Piers Corbyn, yes, I did read the post, and I found it odd that an elderly man would be compared to “grifting influencers”. As far as I’m aware, Piers Corbyn has never modelled bikinis for ASOS, or has attended make up launches, or has even appeared on Love Island.. 😂..
Please don’t worry about what I think though, although the thought of Piers Corbyn attending the next freedom march wearing a sponsored tracksuit and covered in fake tan, is pretty hilarious. LOL.

Now this is the thread for me.
I'm all for questioning things but the CT community are OTT atm.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Used to think it was satire...

Then learned that people actually believe it 🤦🏻‍♀️
I remember having a mooch in the Icke forums years ago and there was a list of likely lizard celebrities based on the appearance of their cold, dead eyes. Funnily enough, they were all apparent paedophiles, too. As if being a lizard wasn't bad enough 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else do a massive eye roll whenever you see a 'Daily Mail' article come up as evidence or information?

I feel i am able to give a brief overview of the article without having to read a single word of it! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else do a massive eye roll whenever you see a 'Daily Mail' article come up as evidence or information?

I feel i am able to give a brief overview of the article without having to read a single word of it! :)
Must admit I feel the same about 5 hour YouTube videos recorded by someone I've never heard of, talking urgently to their camera in their basement!
And their (usually completely irrelevant) qualifications highlighted - after all, my Masters in History does not make me a virologist! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.