Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely get why people are so angry but it's still hard to see people on the other thread saying they're going to stop wearing masks / ignore track and trace etc.

Finding it hard to find the words these days tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️- want this over as much as anyone, i'm so tired of it all, tired of the pain and misery this virus has caused so many people not to mention all the people suffering as the result of the restrictions in place.

It's just all so tit isn't it?
I agree with you so much. We are all at the end of our tether but reading about people trying to get away with not testing properly and not following rules so they can get a week in the Costas really boils my piss. It’s so selfish. Many, many people are desperate for a couple of weeks in the sun, me included, but most of us are prepared to forego this for the greater good. But, what do I know? I’m just a brainwashed sheep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
65DB84A8-46FD-44AC-9FA7-E584D358BC86.jpeg

Amusing how these mouth-breathers accuse the government, doctors and big pharma of ruining people's health for money yet they're the first to make a profit when it comes to 'wellness' products.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
View attachment 619477
Amusing how these mouth-breathers accuse the government, doctors and big pharma of ruining people's health for money yet they're the first to make a profit when it comes to 'wellness' products.
I looked into these so called detox sprays and parents use them on their kids who have autism. There’s a newspaper article in UK paper regarding the dangers of them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I'd be embarrassed if anyone thought I had anything in common with this. The state of it.

View attachment 619149

Almost as embarrassing as the hypocritical messages of 'solidarity' from Priti Patel, Johnson and Andrew Neil who have done their best to stoke the fires that lead to morons like this thinking they have a cause.
Andrew Neil and Nick Watt are friends and AN spoke about him tonight. He has been talking to him and although he wasn’t hurt, understandably he was shaken. He also commented that the police didn’t do much to help. So you think AN was being insincere about his friend? A hypocrite?Really?

Reactions: 2
Andrew Neil and Nick Watt are friends and AN spoke about him tonight. He has been talking to him and although he wasn’t hurt, understandably he was shaken. He also commented that the police didn’t do much to help. So you think AN was being insincere about his friend? A hypocrite?Really?
Oh I'm sure he sincerely didn't want his friend to be hurt but he is a hypocrite. It's exactly the kind of pandering to the permanently aggrieved that he is exploiting on GB News that creates the climate for this sort of thing. If he didn't know already (he did), words have consequences.

Reactions: 3
I looked into these so called detox sprays and parents use them on their kids who have autism. There’s a newspaper article in UK paper regarding the dangers of them.

Excuse my French but duck these parents. They are disgusting and their kids would be better off with a family that loves them for who they are and won't hurt them in the name of trying to "cure" autism.

This also goes for anyone who refuses to vaccinate their kids because "vaccines cause autism". Even if that were true (which, of course, it is not), if you would prefer for your child to potentially die from a preventable disease rather than be autistic, you don't deserve to be a parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What I don’t get about those that are ’worried’ about shedding of the vaccine. They don’t believe in covid so why worry if people are apparently shedding it (bollocks) after a vaccine of its not real?
Alot of vulnerable people are sucked into this tit, not just COVID conspiracy either.

Reactions: 10
What I don’t get about those that are ’worried’ about shedding of the vaccine. They don’t believe in covid so why worry if people are apparently shedding it (bollocks) after a vaccine of its not real?
Alot of vulnerable people are sucked into this tit, not just COVID conspiracy either.
I saw on a tiktok that some of the people that think this have all said they need to practice social distancing away from the vaccinated and wear a mask around them.

Fine by me!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is it me or has our sister thread been worse than normal the past few pages?

I should really stop reading it, I lose braincells every time I go on there, but how do you look away from a car crash?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Is it me or has our sister thread been worse than normal the past few pages?

I should really stop reading it, I lose braincells every time I go on there, but how do you look away from a car crash?
I only realised these threads were here yesterday so I don't know what it was like before, but the spread of misinformation is embarrassing quite frankly. It seems that most people there will not change their minds - they are anti-covid vaccine and that's that, despite what the data is telling us - but I think it's important to correct their misinformation in case there are some people reading it who haven't yet made up their minds.

Reactions: 11
Oh, the misinformation was always there, but idk, the last few pages have felt to me like...certain people are just being even more wilfully dense than usual.

But if I say much more the self-victimisation will start again so... 🤐

Edit: I do appreciate those of you who try to bring some rationality and facts to the conversation, and I think the best reason for doing so is like @SilentObserver101 said, to reach people who are on the fence and have not yet been hopelessly lost to the conspiracy theory vortex, rather than to try and change anyone's mind. I find that's usually the most productive way to approach any kind of debate.

Reactions: 11
Maybe I am being unfair but I am finding it hard to read the endless stream of "I want / I don't want" posts regarding he Covid restrictions. It just sounds so spoiled to me. At the risk of sounding like an old fogey (which to be fair I am) is the issue that some (younger) people simply can't contemplate the possibility of radical events that means the world doesn't just jog along the in way you are used to? I am not so old that I remember WW2 but perhaps if you are older you have a broader perspective that throughout history there has been regular cataclysmic events that changes your life forever and usually not for the better.

(prepared to be told I am being unfair)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe I am being unfair but I am finding it hard to read the endless stream of "I want / I don't want" posts regarding he Covid restrictions. It just sounds so spoiled to me. At the risk of sounding like an old fogey (which to be fair I am) is the issue that some (younger) people simply can't contemplate the possibility of radical events that means the world doesn't just jog along the in way you are used to? I am not so old that I remember WW2 but perhaps if you are older you have a broader perspective that throughout history there has been regular cataclysmic events that changes your life forever and usually not for the better.

I think it's a bit unfair to single out younger people (as a young adult myself 😅). From what I can gather it seems to be people of all ages.

Reactions: 6
Oh, the misinformation was always there, but idk, the last few pages have felt to me like...certain people are just being even more wilfully dense than usual.

But if I say much more the self-victimisation will start again so... 🤐

Edit: I do appreciate those of you who try to bring some rationality and facts to the conversation, and I think the best reason for doing so is like @SilentObserver101 said, to reach people who are on the fence and have not yet been hopelessly lost to the conspiracy theory vortex, rather than to try and change anyone's mind. I find that's usually the most productive way to approach any kind of debate.
They just want to be left in peace to disseminate misinformation and don't like it when they are not left to do so. The fact is its dangerous to let misinformation go unchecked because there will always be someone who believes it.

Reactions: 10

😅

• Haha
I think that’s the point, life isn’t fair. And it is people of all ages with the attitude however I think younger people are more likely to voice it plus older people are more likely to have experienced things which make them realise that life isn’t fair. Some people always think there is a solution to a problem when often there isn’t, sometimes it includes a major life change.
My daughter is 20 and has followed the rules throughout. She always wears a mask and just accepts the way things are now. Yes she gets annoyed and bothered but I’m proud of her. She contemplated not getting the vaccine due to rumours about infertility but last time we talked about it she said she was going for it. Either way I’d support her decision it’s up to her. Cos I know she wouldn’t be standing in some town centre with a mega phone trying to convince people not to get it if she decided not to

My daughter is 20 and has followed the rules throughout. She always wears a mask and just accepts the way things are now. Yes she gets annoyed and bothered but I’m proud of her.
This is only anecdotal but I think a lot of young people are like your daughter. I teach some first/second year university students and the majority of them are frustrated with the situation, particularly because of how long it's gone on for, but they deal with it and don't make too much of a fuss. They are also compassionate and, while most of them probably wouldn't be too unwell if they caught covid, they want to protect vulnerable people.

I'm not going to "win' this one am I? And you're all probably right (and I was wrong). My kids are in their 30's and are just as stoical about the situation as I am

• Heart
I think the issue with some young people (I am 28 and consider myself young people!!) is that they have a lot on influence from parents. It’s comparable to elections really, a lot of people vote based off of what their parents do/suggest.

I’m not saying that’s the case for all, but I think that it’s a big influence on peoples choices.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.