Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just really don’t understand the point of CT threads if people aren’t going to discuss their theories with people that disagree or don’t understand - just to note this isn’t about tattle’s thread specifically.

At that point you just want an echo chamber but also not everyone is going to read or watch videos just to understand your points and figure out how to answer their own questions

Reactions: 9
I just really don’t understand the point of CT threads if people aren’t going to discuss their theories with people that disagree or don’t understand - just to note this isn’t about tattle’s thread specifically.

At that point you just want an echo chamber but also not everyone is going to read or watch videos just to understand your points and figure out how to answer their own questions
Because all they want is an echo chamber and people to agree with them. They are not really interested in evidence or facts unless they can twist them to suit their own narrative. And that is evident within the CT thread, along with other CT communities. They will literally take one sentence or a couple of words from a piece and twist it. Its fascinating to witness :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Because that IS what they want. They just want people who will nod along and if asked for more information, they can seemingly never provide it. They're such 'critical thinkers' but cannot manage to take actual facts on board.

I really do believe that Maddy McCann's parents were involved in her disappearance. How is it not more widely criticised how much money is just thrown and thrown at the investigation and how the case is reopened every few years? Why does the same not happen for other children? Why is nothing ever found with all this money, where is it all going? There's a series on Netflix about it if you're interested. The Portuguese police force were also shite at the time

There are people I know, mainly the older crew, who have actually lost people to Covid and still believe it's not real. There's a girl I was once friends with (and am not anymore for this reason) who works in a care home who refuses to get the vaccine because someone she cares for had a vaccine 60 years ago that effected him negatively. 60 YEAR AGO! And she's in her early 20's

Reactions: 11
There are people I know, mainly the older crew, who have actually lost people to Covid and still believe it's not real. There's a girl I was once friends with (and am not anymore for this reason) who works in a care home who refuses to get the vaccine because someone she cares for had a vaccine 60 years ago that effected him negatively. 60 YEAR AGO! And she's in her early 20's
This sounds a lot like my mum and sister. My sisters MIL had a very bad case of COVID and was nearly hospitalised - she honestly probably would have been but she refused to ask for medical help. They still thinks it’s not that big of a deal and weren’t planning on getting the vaccine

just makes no sense to me

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sorry @defendfreedom998564237*, calling masks "face nappies" is not going to make me stop wearing one

* not a real Twitter account ... probably

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love face masks not only can I go out and be safe, no one knows who I am if I nip to tesco in my scruffs and no makeup.
On the other side of anti CT has anyone watched the protests today in London? Anti covid passport protesters who won’t wear a mask but have brollies up to protect from the sun and most of them are drunk and disorderly

What evidence is there?
If there was evidence to convict them then I think they would be convicted. I strongly believed they had something to do with her disappearance mostly from what I saw in the media. The Netflix documentary made me do a full 180. Things we had been told were definite like the scent dogs findings were proved to be not 100% accurate. Do we really believe that the people they were on holiday with knew what went on and have kept it secret till this day? Over the death of a child?
I think they are people with secrets but I don’t think they had anything to do with their child going missing. We’re they neglectful? Yes and they will live with that forever.

Reactions: 6
I love face masks not only can I go out and be safe, no one knows who I am if I nip to tesco in my scruffs and no makeup.
On the other side of anti CT has anyone watched the protests today in London? Anti covid passport protesters who won’t wear a mask but have brollies up to protect from the sun and most of them are drunk and disorderly
I think I’ll actually miss wearing a mask! I can go out wearing a hat and a mask and I feel very anonymous which I love. I’m a bit anxious about lockdown fully lifting because I have enjoyed the quietness of it all. The thought of being in a crowded pub makes me feel a bit sick 🙈

I think I’ll actually miss wearing a mask! I can go out wearing a hat and a mask and I feel very anonymous which I love. I’m a bit anxious about lockdown fully lifting because I have enjoyed the quietness of it all. The thought of being in a crowded pub makes me feel a bit sick 🙈
I feel the same. I’m jot an overly social person at all so I am a bit anxious about things returning to normal. In my gym you don’t have to wear a mask and it’s really weird! Being inside with other people with no mask on!

Reactions: 6
I was appalled yesterday that one of the regular CT posters put up an article and said how it proved XYZ had increased BUT THE ARTICLE MADE NO REFERENCE AT ALL TO WHAT THEY WERE QUOTING!! Someone did highlight it, but it’s a pointless exercise in my opinion. Blind ignorance is far too prevalent in these times.
This was me I think 🤦‍♀️ I agree it's a pointless exercise. I've only ever read, and never engaged, on those kinds of threads, but that just tipped me over the edge. I'm actually very passionate about suicide prevention, and wouldn't find it surprising if rates had gone up as a result of the pandemic, but that post just so perfectly summed up the whole problem with CTs. Any attempt to get them to actually read the article properly left them in a blind fury. I thought about responding, but then saw the talk of government trolls infiltrating anti-vaxxer communities to try and discredit them, and thought I'd let them wonder a little longer...

Reactions: 8
Not sure if this is what you'd call anti-conspiracy, though is on youtube lol

Is funny when he says (well he used an expression on what a real vacuum is ie says "Repeat after me: VACUUMS DONT SUCK!!!" Is actually from the Latin word Vacuus I think it is which means void or vacant is nothing to do obviously with a vacuum cleaner lol, is in another video I think though cant remember which one

Not sure if this is what you'd call anti-conspiracy, though is on youtube lol

Is funny when he says (well he used an expression on what a real vacuum is ie says "Repeat after me: VACUUMS DONT SUCK!!!" Is actually from the Latin word Vacuus I think it is which means void or vacant is nothing to do obviously with a vacuum cleaner lol, is in another video I think though cant remember which one
Interesting video, he goes into quite a lot of detail when it comes to a lot of the misinformation and my goodness there is so much of it on the world wide web.

I saw all of that, you stayed calmer than I would have!
I try to avoid confrontation and rather enagage in a healthy debate. It soon became clear this was not going to happen as everything I presented was being dismissed.

Reactions: 3
Interesting video, he goes into quite a lot of detail when it comes to a lot of the misinformation and my goodness there is so much of it on the world wide web.
Something (though is highly likely he didnt intend to miss this out) potassium's a form of metal (can have not sure about the terminology though radioactive properties but they're incredibly small) which has a relaxing effect on muscles prevents cramping of them

Something (though is highly likely he didnt intend to miss this out) potassium's a form of metal (can have not sure about the terminology though radioactive properties but they're incredibly small) which has a relaxing effect on muscles prevents cramping of them
I thought it was magnesium which helps muscle cells relax. I might be wrong.

Reactions: 1
The only people I see on social media,
who go hard in support of these over packed, over crowded street parties/marches are people who conveniently couldn’t be there 😂

it feels so performative 😂 like they need everyone to know they’re against the system despite sitting at home doing as they’re told.

now, don’t get me wrong I see no benefit from these weekly gatherings/street parties but those shouting the loudest are never actually involved in anything away from their keyboard,
it’s the need to be seen as part of a community that says a lot about the CT world

Reactions: 11
The only people I see on social media,
who go hard in support of these over packed, over crowded street parties/marches are people who conveniently couldn’t be there 😂

it feels so performative 😂 like they need everyone to know they’re against the system despite sitting at home doing as they’re told.

now, don’t get me wrong I see no benefit from these weekly gatherings/street parties but those shouting the loudest are never actually involved in anything away from their keyboard,
it’s the need to be seen as part of a community that says a lot about the CT world
They’re supporting from the comfort of their own homes. 🤪 I think it is a way for them to be seen (as you said in your post) as being against the system is some way or another.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

If there was evidence to convict them then I think they would be convicted. I strongly believed they had something to do with her disappearance mostly from what I saw in the media. The Netflix documentary made me do a full 180. Things we had been told were definite like the scent dogs findings were proved to be not 100% accurate. Do we really believe that the people they were on holiday with knew what went on and have kept it secret till this day? Over the death of a child?
I think they are people with secrets but I don’t think they had anything to do with their child going missing. We’re they neglectful? Yes and they will live with that forever.
Me too. I’ve got a testosterone imbalance and it means I don’t have to always pluck my chin every day 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
A weird subset of CTs are the Mummy IG accounts. Primarily US based ones who are all in on 'medical freedom' (ie anti-vax) and the plendemic BS and Q/adenochrome etc. Messaging them with evidence as to why they were wrong is to no avail. I think they get caught up in it out of a fear for their children and general paranoia about the dangers of the world, and then they click a few links, watch a few youtube videos...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.