Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lipgoss

That photo of her in the pink gym outfit just makes her look so big! If I saw that and didn't know who she was I'd assume she was just starting her fitness journey. Don't wanna gossip about her wright etc but that picture doesn't scream toned or fit to me :( which is a shame because I used to do her workouts
Oh come on, she does not look 'so big' and this entire thread making out like she's ballooned to heavily overweight is ridiculous. As is the concept of of looking 'fit' - you can actually be fit without being super lean. Whether you find those who look like Alice inspiring or whatever is personal preference, but you absolutely cannot judge how fit someone is on what their body looks like.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
Influencers like Alice really annoy me. She built her following on the whole ‘Clean Eats Alice’ thing, promoted being tiny and feeling great 24/7 then does a complete u-turn and decides those were the most unhappy moments of her life and preaches that we all need to embrace our bodies all whilst showing off all the expensive and often free shit she got from being famous for promoting an unhealthy lifestyle!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Influencers like Alice really annoy me. She built her following on the whole ‘Clean Eats Alice’ thing, promoted being tiny and feeling great 24/7 then does a complete u-turn and decides those were the most unhappy moments of her life and preaches that we all need to embrace our bodies all whilst showing off all the expensive and often free shit she got from being famous for promoting an unhealthy lifestyle!
This post sums up exactly how I feel and the issue I have with all these anti diet culture influencers. When she was “Clean Eating Alice” she was apparently deeply unhappy and obsessive, yet at the time she was also convincing us to follow these dangerous habits and saying they were healthy.
But hey as long as she has seen the light that’s all the matters right? No thought or consideration to all the people taken in at the time with the unrealistic body image!! And exactly as the poster above said- now she is reaping the rewards from that unhealthy lifestyle.

Reactions: 19

It is what it is

And she is a Dick in person. I have met her multiple times as she is a friend of a friend. She didn’t introduce herself to me, just assumed I knew who she was. She treats paddy like shit. Actually just quite rude to him. She’s very plastic fantastic and incredibly insecure yet makes her self feel better by shitting on everyone else, especially if you don’t have a following, you may not even bother existing if that’s the case.
Vile.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
All these influencers who push early nights, exercise and self care seem to be the unhappiest. Maybe I’ll just stick with my gin and pizza lifestyle 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

blahblahbegsomemoreblah

Her latest story has really peed me off 😤 saying to keep it private if you’ve been lucky enough to spend Christmas with your family?! My dad passed away 3 days ago so should I message her and ask her to take down her story from yesterday where she mentions speaking to her dad on the phone because that’s not fair for people whose dads have died?!? Do one 😤😤😤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Lipgoss

From her story today, having a 'date night' at home with paddy. I just find it weird that she goes full out glam with full face of makeup, styled hair, fake tan, jewellery, designer maxi dress, literally just to sit and eat dinner in her flat with her boyfriend. When it's just me and my boyfriend at home i'm literally in pjs all day, even if we cooked a nice dinner i wouldn't dress up for it, given that he's has been with me for two years and we aren't in the honeymoon period any more. It's these influencers leading unrealistic lives that make people that follows them end up feeling shit about themselves.
I know loads of people that have done this, getting dressed up just to eat at home. Myself included. I enjoy getting ready and wearing my make up and nice clothes, so in the absence of a restaurant to go to why not do it for my kitchen? And I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years, so it’s nothing to do with a honeymoon period. If that’s not your bag that’s cool, but I don’t think it’s unrealistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Its_Me

VIP Member
She is the one and only person I saw doing this, I think most people have had enough respect and decorum to not brag about their gifts this year. And btw Alice you’re not the only person to be missing your family, be grateful you had a more than wholesome Christmas dinner in your warm and comfortable home with someone you love. There’s many who didn’t even have that.

• Heart
The sulky mesage today “Post vacation blues” Aww poor you. Got to go on vacation while most of the world is in quarantine or can’t leave the house. So tone deaf, so often.
People out of work? She posts with a $4000 Chanel bag and matching shoes 🙄
The cute girl I used to follow is gone, so is her charm. Too botoxed, too blond, and too wrapped up in herself.
SO GLAD I found this thread!!!

majestic26

VIP Member
This is so dramatic. Disgusted with her? Sounds like jealousy to me. She’s privileged and obviously comes from from money but you can’t be disgusted with somebody for looking after their future finances and perhaps influencing her followers to do the same. I would rather see this on my feed than influencers living beyond their means and ramming MLM’s down my throat.

And exploiting her followers? She’s been offering free workouts for months. She has probably helped a lot of people keep some routine and activity in their lives while things have been closed. “Begging for money” is such a reach.

Jesus Christ you must live such a sad little life.
Only as sad a life as yours, coming on a gossip forum to defend a privileged influencer who wouldn't give you the time of day. All your posts have in this thread have been defensive of Alice. I think you're in the wrong place.

Ceecee3

I hadn't followed Alice since her cleaneatingalice days but came across her profile on IG this morning and saw her post about weight gain. There's been a real trend of fitness influencers from back in the day now coming out and admitting their six packs/lean physique wasn't just achieved by good diet/exercise but extreme restriction. I'm really glad she's speaking out about it, it's clear she's not been in a good place herself and has been a victim of diet culture as much as anyone but having said that... I do feel a bit of a side-eye coming on at how she monetised the heck out of just an unhealthy body type/diet whilst knowing she wasn't achieving those results through healthy means. I remember buying her LDN recipe book and buying the LDN cutting guides and feeling so insecure when I saw her body on IG and comparing with my own lack of results.... and her talk of how much energy she had, how good she felt etc didn't marry up with my experience. Can imagine how other young people have felt the same. I get she was probably in denial herself but I feel quite cheated by it all. Basic lesson learnt: don't believe or buy into anything most influencers sell.

Reactions: 13
She’s missed the boat here I feel. People will have signed up to apps over lockdown, some will continue but a lot of people will head back to the gym. People may use it if they need some guidance in the gym but there are plenty out there cheaper. If there’s another lockdown she may get an uptake but seems like she’s a bit late to the party here

blackkcat

Another reason why I think influencer culture is so toxic is that it normalises such expensive things. My partner also earns really well but I would be horrified if he spent that much on a present. I would rather we spent it on multiple trips together or just simply saved it because you never know what happens in life. I find it hard to believe Paddy has so much disposable income that he can just casually spend so much.

majestic26

VIP Member
I honestly don't know how you can find the guts to COMPLAIN to your thousands of followers when you'll be spending Christmas day with your long-term partner, in a fancy flat in London, eating food from Waitrose and unwrapping a designer bag that's cost thousands. How ungrateful can a person get.

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
That’s the part that annoys me. They all get as skinny as possible, make everyone else feel like shite because they’re always so happy and give off the impression that the whole healthy eating and exercise thing is a breeze. Then, once they’ve ‘made it’ they suddenly turn round and go ‘oh actually my life was pretty shite then, love your body, have treats, be happy... and while you’re here, check out my trip to the Maldives, CD bag and expensive London flat’

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
Yes, Alice. Every emotion is valid but so is every situation. Other people are allowed to emotions over your posts too! This breed of ‘influencers’ are just so absorbed in their own importance they can’t even comprehend how this situation is effecting people outside of the world of Instagram! They have no idea what it’s like to not be able to afford food for your kids, a holiday in a European beach club, cocktails at the latest swanky bar or a £600 dress! Everything in their lives is intangible! Come back to me Alice when you’ve lost everything and I’ll have an ounce of sympathy for you!!