Alice Liveing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers like Alice really annoy me. She built her following on the whole ‘Clean Eats Alice’ thing, promoted being tiny and feeling great 24/7 then does a complete u-turn and decides those were the most unhappy moments of her life and preaches that we all need to embrace our bodies all whilst showing off all the expensive and often free tit she got from being famous for promoting an unhealthy lifestyle!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Influencers like Alice really annoy me. She built her following on the whole ‘Clean Eats Alice’ thing, promoted being tiny and feeling great 24/7 then does a complete u-turn and decides those were the most unhappy moments of her life and preaches that we all need to embrace our bodies all whilst showing off all the expensive and often free tit she got from being famous for promoting an unhealthy lifestyle!
This post sums up exactly how I feel and the issue I have with all these anti diet culture influencers. When she was “Clean Eating Alice” she was apparently deeply unhappy and obsessive, yet at the time she was also convincing us to follow these dangerous habits and saying they were healthy.
But hey as long as she has seen the light that’s all the matters right? No thought or consideration to all the people taken in at the time with the unrealistic body image!! And exactly as the poster above said- now she is reaping the rewards from that unhealthy lifestyle.

Reactions: 19
And she is a Dick in person. I have met her multiple times as she is a friend of a friend. She didn’t introduce herself to me, just assumed I knew who she was. She treats paddy like tit. Actually just quite rude to him. She’s very plastic fantastic and incredibly insecure yet makes her self feel better by shitting on everyone else, especially if you don’t have a following, you may not even bother existing if that’s the case.
Vile.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I feel bad for her because if she’s naturally a bigger girl then she must have been restricting a lot to be able to get that small and stay that way for a while. At some point they have to break the cycle. I just don’t get how she can be changing so much if she still works out every day and I’m sure eats pretty healthily? I work out hmmm once a year (😂) and eat fairly well but still have treats and can’t resist wine and snacks most days. But my body hasn’t changed much this year or since I was a teenager. Interested to know what she’s doing differently...

Reactions: 4
I feel bad for her because if she’s naturally a bigger girl then she must have been restricting a lot to be able to get that small and stay that way for a while. At some point they have to break the cycle. I just don’t get how she can be changing so much if she still works out every day and I’m sure eats pretty healthily? I work out hmmm once a year (😂) and eat fairly well but still have treats and can’t resist wine and snacks most days. But my body hasn’t changed much this year or since I was a teenager. Interested to know what she’s doing differently...
I was wondering this too! (Though I'd never call her "bigger" - she still looks small to me!) She must have been eating very poorly to stay so teeny at her smallest combined with excessive exercise.

Reactions: 1
I was wondering this too! (Though I'd never call her "bigger" - she still looks small to me!) She must have been eating very poorly to stay so teeny at her smallest combined with excessive exercise.
Oh yeah of course - I meant more that when she was younger she was around a size 16-18 wasn’t she? So her body may be naturally trying to bounce back to that size

Here's an article about her weight loss from 2017
Am I being dense ... the article headline says "shed four sizes" but then lower down says she only dropped 2 (from a 12 to an 8)?

I was thinking there had to be something going on when I saw that meme about friends.

Sorry to be mean but she really isn’t in the best shape at the moment which you would think she would want to be when she’s recording for her app. I know people are gonna say it’s more relatable blah blah but personally whenever I’ve chosen to follow a fitness programme I definitely take note of what shape the trainer in is.
We've got a pandemic going on and gyms are shut . She's probably walking less around London as well as not training at the gym .

This post sums up exactly how I feel and the issue I have with all these anti diet culture influencers. When she was “Clean Eating Alice” she was apparently deeply unhappy and obsessive, yet at the time she was also convincing us to follow these dangerous habits and saying they were healthy.
But hey as long as she has seen the light that’s all the matters right? No thought or consideration to all the people taken in at the time with the unrealistic body image!! And exactly as the poster above said- now she is reaping the rewards from that unhealthy lifestyle.
I take this point. Lose it like Lauren is a prime example. I don't want to sound cruel or nasty but Lauren looks unhealthy compared to the other lifestyle gurus that have gained weight.

We've got a pandemic going on and gyms are shut . She's probably walking less around London as well as not training at the gym .
I’ve still managed to stay in shape. Her workouts are really low impact, she’s clearly trying to appeal to a different demographic now. As has been said it was her clean eating days that got her to where she is now so what about the people who invested in her then? She just leaving them behind?

Reactions: 3
I’ve still managed to stay in shape. Her workouts are really low impact, she’s clearly trying to appeal to a different demographic now. As has been said it was her clean eating days that got her to where she is now so what about the people who invested in her then? She just leaving them behind?
Yeah, her workouts are not that...great. THis her before and after... I don't think she looks "huge" in the photo on the left but she seems to go from extremes. I think she looks really good in the pic with the coconut from 2019? Not as slim but still toned. Now she seems to not toned at all.

Attachments

I agree, it’s hard to put into words but I think it’s of course fine for someone to move away from a very possibly obsessive fitness and diet regime, but If they have made money from it as so many of these influencers have, it doesn’t quite sit right that they then get to make more money from switching and appealing to the “say no to diet culture” hype when it suits them. I understand everyone changes over time but it doesn’t quite seem right that they can expect to completely change their tune as trends change, profit off it and speak completely against the culture that gave them their platform in the first place. I would feel a bit sheepish if it were me

Reactions: 8
Yeah, her workouts are not that...great. THis her before and after... I don't think she looks "huge" in the photo on the left but she seems to go from extremes. I think she looks really good in the pic with the coconut from 2019? Not as slim but still toned. Now she seems to not toned at all.
As @Rubysue123 above says it’s kid of hard to put into words and I’m not body shaming her at all. Clearly there was a lot of work going into her being as tiny as she once was and I’m not suggesting she should go back to those days and she doesn’t look bad at all now she looks normal and healthy but it is a stark contrast and personally wouldn’t attract me to buying into her. Who is her target audience now?

And she is a Dick in person. I have met her multiple times as she is a friend of a friend. She didn’t introduce herself to me, just assumed I knew who she was. She treats paddy like tit. Actually just quite rude to him. She’s very plastic fantastic and incredibly insecure yet makes her self feel better by shitting on everyone else, especially if you don’t have a following, you may not even bother existing if that’s the case.
Vile.
This is so interesting. Especially the Paddy part.
also; we’d all love some stories! Hello!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As @Rubysue123 above says it’s kid of hard to put into words and I’m not body shaming her at all. Clearly there was a lot of work going into her being as tiny as she once was and I’m not suggesting she should go back to those days and she doesn’t look bad at all now she looks normal and healthy but it is a stark contrast and personally wouldn’t attract me to buying into her. Who is her target audience now?
I was about to ask the same, who is her demographic now? As someone who is slim, lifts weights and is toned, she/her workouts no longer really appeals to me.

Reactions: 2
She may have backtracked on her clean eating Alice days and it was all a sideline then whilst she was trying to be in musicals but she was part of a huge problem where girls felt under pressure to be ripped. She made a lot of money from fan girls and took a lot of their self esteem.

That’s the part that annoys me. They all get as skinny as possible, make everyone else feel like shite because they’re always so happy and give off the impression that the whole healthy eating and exercise thing is a breeze. Then, once they’ve ‘made it’ they suddenly turn round and go ‘oh actually my life was pretty shite then, love your body, have treats, be happy... and while you’re here, check out my trip to the Maldives, CD bag and expensive London flat’

Reactions: 13
That’s the part that annoys me. They all get as skinny as possible, make everyone else feel like shite because they’re always so happy and give off the impression that the whole healthy eating and exercise thing is a breeze. Then, once they’ve ‘made it’ they suddenly turn round and go ‘oh actually my life was pretty shite then, love your body, have treats, be happy... and while you’re here, check out my trip to the Maldives, CD bag and expensive London flat’
I don't think Alice is ever truly happy no matter her size.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.