Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roryforts

If she looks soft then I would love to be soft. I think she has put on a healthy amount of weight. I think she looks great. Isn’t she only 5ft? A few pounds of weight on someone that height is always going to look so much more than someone taller!

Reactions: 13

Truthslayer

VIP Member
This year has been really hard and I have had a rollercoaster of emotions like Alice except I don't share them on SM. I hope she is okay.
Yes it has, for everyone. My issue with Alice is she is so attention seeking and lacks any self awareness or compassion.

She posts herself in outfits that cost hundreds of pounds, and having luxury trips eg to The Ned. There are so many people out there who don’t know if they’re going to be able to pay their next rent or mortgage payment. She’s a silly little girl in a world of her own. I have very little sympathy for her to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

openbook1

VIP Member
Look, she's still going on about it. None of us are saying she is ugly. She is not. She has a very beautiful face and sunshine-y smile. She just needs to slow down on the botox as it's becoming very obvious whereas before it was subtle. She is starting to lose facial movement which I think is a shame. Alice, stop reading here. And work through your insecurity.

Truthslayer

VIP Member
She’s self employed. She has full control over her work rate. No sympathy from me. As a key worker I’ve had to continue working full time during the pandemic and to see this spoilt brat whinging about how hard her life is is just sickening. She is so out of touch with reality it’s unreal. People are still losing family members to Covid but of course that’s nothing compared to Alice’s suffering.

Lipgoss

I just want to post something a bit controversial regarding Alice’s claim for domestic violence and how I feel about her women aid work. This isn’t meant to be a “my life’s worse than yours” post because of course we will never know. And equally I am not trying to belittle domestic violence or anyone’s experience of it. I personally feel quite offended by her stories on this issue and am happy to be corrected if I am totally wrong.

As someone who has suffered domestic violence to the point of having to get restraining orders and deal with the fall out when you have kids, I find it almost offensive that Alice can talk about her relationship as being abusive and then make posts that feels like she is trying to relate to other women who have been in abusive relationships.
She would have been at school or college at this time and also most likely living at home?(but maybe she said she was living at him). However surely she was going into college and if things were that bad the teachers would have picked up on mood behaviour, marks on her body e.t.c and checked in?

I also only ever remember her talking about how her abuse was mental, which is terrible and if this was the case then I hope she gets all the support she needs. This is one of the first times shes talked about physical abuse? Is the escalation of how terrible it was for her just because she’s creating it in her mind and can’t remember what she said or is she actually coming to terms with it? In which case, as such a vulnerable person, how can she stand up and talk about it in front of literally millions of people and not break down?

if, god forbid, she has been through all this and it has been as awful as she makes out on the gram then I am sorry Alice for doubting you.
I understand that campaigns and charities need recognisable faces on board with them BUT I struggle with the fact that a fantastic charity is using such a self obsessed, money grabbing, unkind l, 28 year old (no idea how old she is) as the top story when I’m not even sure she’s telling the truth about it.
And I just want to say, I never want to belittle someone’s experiences but after collecting a lot of information from various posts and videos, the range of information she gives just doesn’t sit well with me
I think this is quite an uncomfortable post to be honest. There will always be people who exaggerate or outright lie about abuse they have been subject to, but unless we have solid evidence that they are doing so, I think it’s quite dangerous to cast doubt on people’s experiences. So many victims of abuse cite fear of not being believed, or being brushed off as being over dramatic as a main reason for saying nothing, so I think it’s really important that we don’t allow this narrative of ‘surely someone would have noticed’ etc to take hold - many people successfully hide abuse for years on end.
I’m truly sorry for your experience and hope you are in a better place, but I don’t think it’s fair or right to speak about Alice’s experience in this way unless you have definitive information to justify it. A feeling that it ‘doesn’t sit right’ isn’t enough for me I’m afraid.

Truthslayer

VIP Member
She is always very over dramatic.
FFS the bellend has just travelled abroad for a luxury holiday and is now complaining!! There are thousands of people all over the world who are suffering at the moment and she feels the need to whinge. What a spoilt, selfish little brat she is.

Lulapop

Hi all, I am new here and I have literally spent the past hour reading this thread! I just wanted to add my opinion on Alice, I am so glad I found this because I thought maybe I was the only one thinking this!
Anyway, I used to follow her and about 2 years ago I felt like I had enough, I was a big follower, bought her primark line and loved all her content. I started getting a bit tired of all the free stuff she was getting, I get it, I'd get free stuff too, but I just felt like it was too much about her and her lifestyle rather than exercise and food, which is what I loved about her. Also, I kinda started having the growing feeling that she was extremely self conscious when she was younger (and bigger) and now she was trying too hard to make up for the lost time? Like she had all these issues and she was kind of trying to prove something to someone, Paddy always felt weird, he reminded me of a skinny Boris Johnson (I know this comparison is cruel but I swear that's what I see) who is very entitled and she likes to show him around like a trophy of what she's achieved in life now that she's fit. Basically, I feel like all she does is a way of showing off what she has now that I think she feels like she would had never ever been able to have before, which is ridiculous and that's what made me unfollow her.

Sorry for the rant, I feel like I have been meaning to say this for so long!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Truthslayer

VIP Member
This is so dramatic. Disgusted with her? Sounds like jealousy to me. She’s privileged and obviously comes from from money but you can’t be disgusted with somebody for looking after their future finances and perhaps influencing her followers to do the same. I would rather see this on my feed than influencers living beyond their means and ramming MLM’s down my throat.

And exploiting her followers? She’s been offering free workouts for months. She has probably helped a lot of people keep some routine and activity in their lives while things have been closed. “Begging for money” is such a reach.

Jesus Christ you must live such a sad little life.
Unlike Alice, I don’t need to spend silly money on materialistic stuff to make me temporarily feel like good.

Unlike Alice, I thankfully have more than one real friend that I met on the gram.

Unlike Alice, I thankfully don’t have a dysfunctional family that have nothing to do with me.

Unlike Alice, I’m not up and down like a yo yo every other day with a clearly undiagnosed mental health problem.

Unlike Alice, I don’t have, and never ha an eating disorder.

Unlike Alice, I don’t have pyjamas that make me look like roadkill.

And you think I’m the sad one? LOL!

And yes, I am disgusted with her. She is so minted she can afford to invest money and lose it. Not put it in a savings account, but actually lose it. Why not ask for donations towards Women’s Aid given she supposedly cares about victims of domestic violence so much?

Sadly you are exactly the kind of naive follower she thrives on - carry on lining her pockets love x

• Heart

blahblahbegsomemoreblah

She’s mentioned many times before that she’s put weight on, and that her body was not healthy before. She had issues with food and training too much, she has said that she has now put on weight as she’s happy and much healthier, so what 🤷🏼‍♀️ Still looks better than most 😂 (me included, I’d kill to look “soft” if that’s what soft looks like!)

I don’t care what anyone spends their money on, if they’ve earned it then fair enough. What I do have issue with is people shoving it in others faces when some of those people won’t even be able to put food in the table this year. It just leaves a bad taste. Some influencers (not just Alice there have been plenty this year) need to check their privilege and just take a step back and think about whether people really need to know that she got a bag worth £3.5k this year? And yes it’s upsetting for everyone having to cancel plans and there’s nothing wrong with feeling upset and frustrated by that but again....check your privilege....

Chisme

I don't think her following is that committed to her for the app to really take off. Like you say, if other apps offer variety, she's really selling herself as a brand. She needs a lot of people to buy into her specifically and want to emulate her results. As someone who actually wants to lose a chunk of weight..her workouts aren't worth 16.99 to me. And I'm sure it'll include recipes and tips but you know....I already know I should drink more water and how to cook glazed salmon and asparagus

It is what it is

Major pet peeve? People who tell me how busy they are
Your queen of this is rhitrition. VOM

They are all bloody lucky they have a job rn! They are so detached from the real world I don’t understand how we can still call them influencers. The only way they influence me is to make me feel shit about myself and how I can’t spend £2000 on a bag or pair of shoes.

rowenaj

I agree that she seems kind and genuine. She also clearly has really tried to learn her trade as a PT and I respect her for that.

On the other hand, I find how she got to where she is quite irritating. She made her name (and probably fortune!) being Clean Eating Alice and was fully on board the clean eating bandwagon, peddling nonsense dressed up as health and lifestyle advice. Now the clean eating backlash is in full swing and she's finally being open about how miserable she was all that time she was selling that lifestyle to people. Of course, people learn and grow. If she now feels that she was overly restrictive on diet and exercise when she started her fitness journey and that she has a better balance now then that's great. I also think she's now doing a lot of very good things in the wellness industry. But I don't feel she's ever properly apologised for promoting something for so long that wasn't in retrospect very healthy or responsible. You could say she doesn't owe her followers that - she is just a person living her life the best way she knows how and, like many of us, has made mistakes in her journey to living a healthy lifestyle. I'm not sure I agree with that though. She held herself up as a role model for years in an attempt to gain followers, publicity and money. While it's great that that she's moving forwards in a positive way and now focusing on a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, I think she participated in a movement that has done a lot of damage to girls and should hold herself accountable; I personally would respect her a lot more if she owned that rather than trying to brush over it with vague posts about how she's finally found balance.

• Heart
Almost £1k for the sliders she’s wearing 😳
I’ll say it...they’re ugly and don’t fit. Just because it says Chanel doesn’t make it classy. Notice how much trendy crap has appeared now that Lagerfeld is gone?

she’s a lucky young lady, to afford designer stuff and not blink. Many many people are still burying family members and trying to right their lives after a pandemic. I’m not saying don’t celebrate life and look forward but all we hear about is the app and the designer clothing.

come to think of it ...why do I care and give her views? She has nothing to offer

openbook1

VIP Member
Lol, she is spending 1k on sandals yet has a Paypal set up for her followers to give her money? She is awful

Don’t get me wrong I do feel for her, she is clearly struggling. But she lives in a gorgeous flat with her boyfriend who buys her Dior bags, she went abroad on holiday and had a few staycations, her career might have slowed a little bit this year but it’s certainly not over. I think she just needs some perspective and to learn to be thankful for what she does have rather than think about what she doesn’t have!

frustrated

I've just noticed she's got a Paypal link in her Instagram bio which you can use to transfer her money! I know Lawrence Fox has this on his Twitter too. To be honest I find this vile. Why would a normal everyday non-famous person want to give money to a self-confessed 'celeb'? Especially during these tough times. To ask for money even in a passive way like this just seems tasteless when you're wearing designer clothes, going on staycations and meals out.

• Wow