Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few more things:

I guess it never occurred to him that he should take some of the 130k and find a good therapist, eh?

Is there any way he's used 600 DVC points this year (8 days at Aulani, a few days at Disneyland Villas, and then a day here and there at some WDW properties plus a few days in Hilton Head)? And if he didn't use them, how can he use them all next year when he wants to be on the backroads and small towns 75% of the time? I mean, I'm no DVC expert but isn't 600 points for a single, loner-type guy a lot of points?

And finally, this 30 min walk 'n talk made ZERO mention of retirement next year when he turns 50, which he's mentioned many many times the past few years.

Reactions: 12
Could someone please explain DVC to me like I'm five?

I understand that the concept is pre-paying for future Disney vacations (or at least the stays at Disney resorts -- do those stays include park passes?), but I get lost in the details. Answered above.

The points get converted to nights at each hotel. How is the conversion defined? Does it vary by hotel (e.g., I'd assume that the hotels that charge more in dollars per night would also charge more in points.). Does it vary over time (e.g., If a hotel charges X points per night this year, could they decide to charge 2X or 3X points 5 or 10 years in the future)? As shown above, every resort has a "Points Chart" which tells you how many points are needed for each night at each resort, based on the size of the villa (room), and the time of year (season).

Each resort has a finite number of points, which is equal to the number of points that would be needed to rent every room for every night of the year. For example, in really simple terms, if a resort had 10 rooms, and it cost 15 points per night to rent each room, the total points sold at that resort would be 54,750 (10x15x365). That total will never change. So, while they can move points around (as mentioned above), usually to adjust for holidays like Easter that move, or as travel trends change, if they increase the number of points to rent one category of villa, they have to reduce the points needed to rent a different category. The charts must always balance out.

What does it mean that Adam bought points "at" certain properties? Is the purchase price and value of every point equal? Can points be used at any property, or only where they were purchased? DVC sells deeded interests at each of their resorts, and that ownership is represented for purposes of reserving rooms, as points. The DVC system has an internal exchange, which means (barring a couple of recent exceptions), points from any resort can be used at any other resort. The main difference being what is referred to as "home resort advantage". If you buy at Aulani, for example, you can secure reservations at Aulani up to 11 months out, but can only secure rooms at the other DVC resorts at 7 months out. The same goes for all other resorts: the 7/11 rule applies to all. The four months gives owners at their "home resort" extra time to book rooms before everyone else can.

Can you buy as many points as you want? Is there a minimum amount required to buy every year? Is there a maximum? Do points ever expire if they aren't used by a certain date? You don't buy points every year. You buy a number of points (for example, the 250 that Adam bought at Aulani), and are allocated that number of points each year for the life of the contract. In other words, Adam will get 250 points each and every year of the life of that contract, until it expires in 2062 (so he actually "bought" 9,750 points, or 250 points each year, for the remaining 39 years of his contract). The current maximum an individual may have in a single membership is 4,000 at one resort, or 8,000 points over all resorts.

Points must be used during the year they are issued, unless they are "banked" into the next year (by a certain, very clearly defined date that never changes). Points can only be moved forward one year, then they must be used, transferred out into another time share exchange, or they are lost. Points can also be "borrowed" from the next year as well, if a member decides they need a few more points for a longer trip or bigger villa.

What are the maintenance fees that go along with the points? Do those vary based on the quantity of points and where they were purchased? Membership fees or "dues" are unique to each resort, and are based on a breakdown of expenses published each year in December. For example, in 2023, a Riviera owner (like Adam) will pay $8.50 per point, whereas an owner at Grand Floridian will pay only $7.33 per point.

How does the "contract" work? Some have quoted a date far in the future, and I'm not clear on what happens at that date. Each resort has a finite end date. For the original DVC resort, Old key West, that date is January 31, 2042. For the newest resort, the Villas at Disneyland Hotel, that date is January 31, 2074. The contract duration, when new, is typically 50 years. Whether you buy your contract (points) directly from Disney, or via the resale market, every contract at a resort ends on the same date. When the resort hits that expiration date, the ownership interest simply reverts back to Disney.

My suspicion is that he is preparing for his eventual retirement by prepaying for his vacations -- and writing them off on his taxes (which we all know doesn't mean that he gets them for free, but it does mean that he doesn't pay tax on the money he spends on the points -- essentially netting himself a sweet ~30% discount) because he talked about it in his videos. I just don't know enough about the world of DVC to understand all the intricacies.
I've tried to add a little on as well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Went back to the Sea World video and more weirdo stans are mentioning Chelsea in very odd ways for someone making their Woo debut and only on screen for a few seconds

1696959239139.png

1696959262510.png

1696959307785.png

1696959331395.png

Then this one 😂 :
1696959516956.png

Here's a funny non-Chelsea one (at least I think it is):
1696959403862.png

The Walk N Talk is about to blow past the last two haunt vlogs in views:
1696959854756.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
600 points is a ton of points for him, a PLETHORA, if you will. I have 325 and that’s actually too much for us, I’m going to start renting some.

Reactions: 4
Let the over-explaining commence. Things over-explained in this video in order to make it to 30 mins:
@dirtnap101 thanks as always! I actually tried to skim through it, did not last long. The things I wanted to point out.

Adam: I never latched onto the Angels. (Why would he need to bring this up? Oh wait! because Adam has been lurking on here)

He blames his social anxiety on his poor interactions with fans ( Once again lurking on here and on reddit most likely in response to Natalie's former co-worker describing him as an A$$ when meeting him in person. Adam, nice try. Molly from Mammoth Club uses the same excuse to treat her fans like crap, the same fans who help her earn $30,000 a month on Patereon - actually several of these vloggers use this an excuse)

So the conclusion from all of this is he is not going to change anything as usual: Disney Parks, Road trips, Conventions, Walk and Talks, California Woopeats) in 2024! :sleep::sleep::sleep: Awesome.

Reactions: 12
600 points is a ton of points for him, a PLETHORA, if you will. I have 325 and that’s actually too much for us, I’m going to start renting some.
Way too many for him. I'd be curious if he was smart enough to get the same use year for all of them, or if he now has 4 memberships. Banking and borrowing is going to be hard enough for him to get his head around, never mind transfers.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think he falls in love with the act of buying (often impulsive), just because he can, for one.

On one hand, he purports to be so smart with money... so thrifty (Exhibit A: lives in a rented drainage ditch in Celebration).

On the other hand, he overbuys DVC points as a single man, approaching 50, with no real stable full-time job, no retirement fund, likely no health insurance, no immediate people (beyond mom and dad) to enjoy the DVC amenities with (and even that, sad to say, has a limited shelf life these days). etc. He also enjoys buying overpriced things on a whim (Exhibit B: Howard the Duck) while, again, trying to come across as just a simple man... with his caffeinated beverage... monotone delivery... let's just see where the day will take me... I made no plans... except for my continued First Class air travel.

It kind of reminds me of the Trackers where one day they're buying Roy O. Disney suites and Gucci sweaters, and the next day, they're complaining about the cost of blueberries for Jackson and why Tim won't buy him a $10 cup he wants at Disney Springs. 🙄

This ALSO all boils down to the fact that these bleeping vloggers lead empty, materialistic, vacuous lives - no matter what they try and portray on camera.

They're all trying to replace something in their lives that doesn't exist.

For Adam, he knows something is missing - especially now as he's almost 50 - so it seems like he's amped up the rate at which he tries to buy things, experiences, etc. to make up for it while also trying to convince himself that he's so bleeping happy (LoOk aT mY AuLAni WriSt BanDS! TeE hEE HeE!) when, as evidenced by his ridiculous talks-in-circles, ever-so-contradictory walk-in-talks, he's not. He's not happy at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean, I'm no DVC expert but isn't 600 points for a single, loner-type guy a lot of points?
Yep as a DVC owner I do believe it is too many. @2020planner did make the point he is single, approaching 50, and no immediate people to enjoy DVC with which is absolutely right! If this was a younger who had an expectation to have a family down the line and enjoys Disney resorts then it would be a different story.

Way too many for him. I'd be curious if he was smart enough to get the same use year for all of them, or if he now has 4 memberships.
Good point. Honestly I would be surprised if he thought about the same use year unless the DVC agents brought it up.

We have 200 pts. I think that is a good amount for us. That would get us something like 2 weeks at Old Key west most times of the year. We are either going to use all 200 pts for 8 nights at Aulani Studio Ocean view next Fall or 7 nights at Aulani + a couple nights at Hilton Head.

Reactions: 8
I am going to bring the unpopular opinion on here, but I found his talk about his social anxiety 100% believable and sincere. It fits with everything we have seen from him, his childhood, his background, and his love of being with Daphne/Natalie. She brings that bubbly energy around when he is with her and I think it makes him more comfortable to be in big groups and places with lots of people. To be honest, I think this vlog at the 20 minute mark was addressing Tattle and possibly your posts about your experience, @2020planner. I think lots of vloggers have social anxiety which is why they end up vlogging. I don't think it's an excuse to be assholes to people, but I also believe Adam is super uncomfortable meeting people. We have seen it in his own vlogs and in other's vlogs with him standing around in the background. He has many annoying and stupid quirks and things he does that drive me nuts, but the social anxiety thing doesn't really seem like a lie or a ploy. And if he wants to avoid more Cons and Park vlogging, and go out on the road, it fits. Tar and feather me and kick me out of this thread, it's fine. 😅

On another note, I could have sworn he said 'biding his tongue' today and then changed it to 'biding his brain'. 😂 He also said he regrettably missed the Rays because he was in Hawaii - what an asshole. Some people will never go to a place like Hawaii and he had to act sad he was there with his mom instead of watching another boring Rays game. 🙄 He also said he felt like they lost because he wasn't there. 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It kind of reminds me of the Trackers where one day they're buying Roy O. Disney suites and Gucci sweaters, and the next day, they're complaining about the cost of blueberries for Jackson and why Tim won't buy him a $10 cup he wants at Disney Springs. 🙄
Excuse me but that cup was $11 and you can’t expect them to make that kind of sacrifice when they have a Rivian and $30,000 cruise to pay for! ThEy WoRk so HaRd!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We have 200 pts. I think that is a good amount for us. That would get us something like 2 weeks at Old Key west most times of the year. We are either going to use all 200 pts for 8 nights at Aulani Studio Ocean view next Fall or 7 nights at Aulani + a couple nights at Hilton Head.
Full disclosure: I own over 750 points myself, split between WDW and Aulani, but I'm also 59, own a house, have a real job with an executive position, a fully-vested retirement plan, and a healthy financial portfolio. Oh yeah, kinda importantly, we also have kids and grandkids. We do take plenty of non-Disney vacations all around the world without the younger generations too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I am going to bring the unpopular opinion on here, but I found his talk about his social anxiety 100% believable and sincere. It fits with everything we have seen from him, his childhood, his background, and his love of being with Daphne/Natalie. She brings that bubbly energy around when he is with her and I think it makes him more comfortable to be in big groups and places with lots of people. To be honest, I think this vlog at the 20 minute mark was addressing Tattle and possibly your posts about your experience, @2020planner. I think lots of vloggers have social anxiety which is why they end up vlogging. I don't think it's an excuse to be assholes to people, but I also believe Adam is super uncomfortable meeting people. We have seen it in his own vlogs and in other's vlogs with him standing around in the background. He has many annoying and stupid quirks and things he does that drive me nuts, but the social anxiety thing doesn't really seem like a lie or a ploy. And if he wants to avoid more Cons and Park vlogging, and go out on the road, it fits. Tar and feather me and kick me out of this thread, it's fine. 😅

On another note, I could have sworn he said 'biding his tongue' today and then changed it to 'biding his brain'. 😂 He also said he regrettably missed the Rays because he was in Hawaii - what an asshole. Some people will never go to a place like Hawaii and he had to act sad he was there with his mom instead of watching another boring Rays game. 🙄 He also said he felt like they lost because he wasn't there. 🥴
You’re not alone - I agree that the social anxiety he talks about (over and over) is real. It fits with his upbringing (home schooling, preacher’s son, moving all the time). He might be playing it up a little, much like Carpetbagger does with his “autism”, but at least he didn’t put it in the title of his vlog.

As for his 2024 plans… if there’s one thing we know about Woo it’s that he rarely does what he says, so I think we can expect more of the same from him for the foreseeable future, sadly.

Reactions: 5
So instead of using all that $$$ as a down-payment for a house, he uses it all for a Disney themed timeshare. Makes sense (to Adam). 🤪🤪🤪
It could make sense for him considering his parents own a home in Orlando area. Perhaps he knows that property will go to him?

Reactions: 3
It could make sense for him considering his parents own a home in Orlando area. Perhaps he knows that property will go to him?
If that's the case, then the money should've definitely been put in retirement investments

He has a sister so unless there is something in Reverend Jim's philosophy that says the son gets it all she would be entitled to half interest in the house. And nothing is guaranteed if either of his parents have a prolonged illness or nursing home stay that could wipe out any inheritance Adam and his sister are to receive.

He's a LOLCOW fool watched by old people, wannabe vloggers and sundry obsessives and weirdos, yeah, I'd have a touch of social anxiety too if I were in his reeking shoes. I tried to listen to him today and even turned on the rambling transcript-- he's almost trumpian in his use of word salad ambiguity. He manages to turn meaning into paroxysms of nonsense. He minces and mangles his thoughts, he presents like a underdeveloped teenager. A real man, in the real world, says what he means and means what he says. Adam wants to play coy, often with his own thoughts. What a mushy beta flop of a human being he really is!

There! I told him off if he's reading here. If he's upset too bad. A real man wouldn't let the judgement of internet randos bother him.

Full disclosure: I own over 750 points myself, split between WDW and Aulani, but I'm also 59, own a house, have a real job with an executive position, a fully-vested retirement plan, and a healthy financial portfolio. Oh yeah, kinda importantly, we also have kids and grandkids. We do take plenty of non-Disney vacations all around the world without the younger generations too.
Well you definitely check off the boxes Adam never will. Your scenario is a perfect example for someone with those points, where as Adam is coming up behind you in terms of points and has none of that. I am sure we will at some point add to our 200 but at the moment with our schedules + yearly vacations (Disney and non-Disney) we are all set. Plus I am done with the Florida parks at the moment.

I am going to bring the unpopular opinion on here, but I found his talk about his social anxiety 100% believable and sincere. It fits with everything we have seen from him, his childhood, his background, and his love of being with Daphne/Natalie. She brings that bubbly energy around when he is with her and I think it makes him more comfortable to be in big groups and places with lots of people. To be honest, I think this vlog at the 20 minute mark was addressing Tattle and possibly your posts about your experience, @2020planner. I think lots of vloggers have social anxiety which is why they end up vlogging.
Oh, I completely understand people with social anxiety (I was actually legit DX with GAD, panic disorder, and all that 20+ years' ago and was previously on RXs for them so I hear ya), but at the same time, these vloggers routinely hang out in some of the most crowded places on planet Earth where, by all accounts, it's quite a social gathering and hard to avoid coming in contact with people.

I could see if someone vlogged from their bedroom and then, once put in an awkward situation with an unexpected stan fangirling all over them in the bathroom of a Walmart one day when they emerged from a stall, then sure - it'd be friggin odd.

But honestly, I just feel that his blubbering about this now is 1/2 real (maybe) but mostly just a lousy excuse for telling people to leave him the duck alone.

Because someone with TRUE social anxiety would probably be less likely to mouth off at people on FB and their YT channel with smartass retorts. And would someone with social anxiety egg on the guy from Cousin Eddie's house by sitting there filming it after he was told to stop, and then put him on blast and monetize it for all the world to see? Nah, they'd live in shell.

Adam, however, likes to talk a big talk as, but in real life, he's a pussy manchild narcissist who only wants things HIS way and who tries to hide behind either the keyboard or the guise of saying he's got "social anxiety" to avoid having to actually communicate with the very people who are paying for his Aulani DVC, overpriced flea market merch, and first class airfare.

TL; DL. I'm not buying his self-diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.