Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has a sister so unless there is something in Reverend Jim's philosophy that says the son gets it all she would be entitled to half interest in the house. And nothing is guaranteed if either of his parents have a prolonged illness or nursing home stay that could wipe out any inheritance Adam and his sister are to receive.
Hopefully he has a rich uncle. And OMG, how sweet of people to express thoughts about his welfare. Awww. -eye roll emoji-- Looks like Mom and Dad's pre-manufactured home and estate aren't going to fund any lavish lifestyles for the inheritors. Adam, the quintessential prodigal son, will assuredly land on someone's couch or back room some day when all the money is gone. Seems he's got that "puppy in the rain" vibe with certain gullible people. I still think he was completely insane to drop the Patreon free money racket, I mean, WTF?! why would anyone think about refusing cash from nice strangers? Cra cra.

Reactions: 9
I think he does have poor social skills as a result of his upbringing and homeschooling, which may cause him some anxiety I'm sure. But that is not an excuse for rude behavior. But, if he does genuinely have social anxiety, he's almost 50 years old and making good money......get some therapy, see a doctor if it's that bad.

Reactions: 17
Oh, I completely understand people with social anxiety (I was actually legit DX with GAD, panic disorder, and all that 20+ years' ago and was previously on RXs for them so I hear ya), but at the same time, these vloggers routinely hang out in some of the most crowded places on planet Earth where, by all accounts, it's quite a social gathering and hard to avoid coming in contact with people.
I agree with @2020planner on this. Social anxiety is real and it can be debilitating for many people I have seen this on several occasions. I however have a hard time reconciling vloggers who use this as an excuse. It's an "easy out" for people who don't want to engage with other's, but still want to reap the rewards (YT Revenue & Patreon). This is the field they choose to be in, and meeting people is going to be expected.

As I mentioned previously Molly from All Ears/ Mammoth Club has been called out on numerous occasions about this,and had to do damage control by blaming it on Social Anxiety. Yet she worked for years as a Guest Relations Cast member and a Tour guide some of the most socially demanding positions at the parks? Not buying it. Adam Hattan pulls the same card as well.

A comment posted on Tattle back in 2021
Adam Has deleted comments he admitted to being rude when somebody called him out for meeting him also this past weekend. He basically said yeah I was and that’s how I am sometimes and then he deleted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think he does have poor social skills as a result of his upbringing and homeschooling, which may cause him some anxiety I'm sure. But that is not an excuse for rude behavior. But, if he does genuinely have social anxiety, he's almost 50 years old and making good money......get some therapy, see a doctor if it's that bad.
Exactly.

And even if you simply Google the definition of social anxiety, per NIMH, one of the hallmarks of it is fear of being judged by others, watched by others, critiqued by others, etc.

So what does Adam do?
  • He lives on the internet for over a decade?
  • Puts his everyday life out there for the world to see?
  • Openly humble-brags about his purchases, stocks, how set he is in life, his travels, etc.?
  • Easily chats it up with famous people at meet-and-greets w/out issue... acting like he's besties with the likes of BttF's Tom Wilson?
  • Hangs out in some of the most dense social environments there is, including huge conventions, busy theme parks, squished monorails, etc. where he's bound to be sandwiched up against people who are staring at him?
  • Tells off anyone who mildly criticizes him or offers a difference of opinion, in his best Eric Cartman voice? "I do what I want!"

Yeah, not buying it.

I think he's just using this as a sad-sack excuse and to garner 1,000 "we love you just the way you are, Woo...we don't like talking to people either" comments cuz we know he does these sort of melancholy "I'm sad, I need to change things, next year will be different" walk-and-talks after he comes home from a long trip somewhere.

He could be socially awkward while also *not* being socially anxious.

I'll just diagnose him as a manchild douche who is in love with himself, doesn't REALLY realize how good he's had it for all these years, and thinks this lifestyle will always be there for him, despite what he may tell his audience. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
He could be socially awkward while also *not* being socially anxious.
Nailed it IMO.
My ex husband is socially awkward AND socially anxious and he avoids people and especially crowds. Even when he was in a band he stood onstage almost with his back to the audience while playing his guitar.

Reactions: 6
As someone actually diagnosed with social anxiety leading to bouts of depression, yeah his excuse doesn’t hold.

I can say it is an every day thing living with this and managing it. I’ve gotten much better at managing it thanks to therapy.

It takes an effort, just like being healthy…but of course anything requiring effort isn’t worth his time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I tried to answer some of your questions, they are bolded
I've tried to add a little on as well.
Thank you both for your patient explanations. The whole DVC thing seems like it can be very worthwhile for a person (or family) who takes the time to evaluate their travel habits, works through the math, and understands what they're getting into. Adam's on-camera persona does not instill confidence that he would approach it with such a logical mind. Still, I think that he thinks that he's being clever by prepaying for his vacations... or business ventures... the line is a little blurry for his life (just like his video footage).

As for whether Adam truly has social anxiety, who knows? It's certainly a convenient excuse if he's a jerk to his fans in public, and with the rise of "geek culture" recently, some level of social awkwardness is seen as way more hip than it's ever been.

Just from watching his videos, I've always thought that he seems happier when he's around others. He just seems to have more energy and a better disposition when he has someone to bounce off of. That can be deceiving, though. Personally I am pretty introverted and prefer to be by myself or with the company of only a few close friends or family members. But I can fake it like nobody's business! For a short while where needed, I can put on the act and interact with tons of people at dinner parties, networking events, and other such social situations. If you'd met me at such an event for the first time, you could easily make the mistake that I am an extrovert who loves such situations when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth -- I find them to be nerve-racking, exhausting, and at times even panic-inducing.

On the one hand, maybe Adam really does suffer from some level of social anxiety and is just good at hiding it in his videos. On the other hand, it's no excuse for him to be a dick to his fans (the people who literally pay his bills), and hiding behind a self-diagnosis is a chickenshit move.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love how snide and prissy he gets to the people that pay his bills in his comments that are just merely trying to talk to him or provide him with the slightest criticism, with his “don’t care” and “nah, probably not” just like short rude answers. It comes off as uninterested and ungrateful. I could possiblyyyy understand having social anxiety and not wanting to talk to someone when you’re with your mom by the pool in Hawaii, but it doesn’t explain him being a ass of a keyboard warrior.

Also an edit is thank you to whoever brought up him and giggles being all “HURRR DURRR AMINALS GUARDIANS 3” and then going to FUCKIN Seaward. Everyone knows how much I hate them for their Guardians review 😂

Reactions: 7
Hold on everyone, great theories about his anxiety, but clearly it's actually the coffee. Remember when Adam cut out soda COMPLETELY, except for when he forgets and drinks soda and doesn't tell the audience but slips up when recapping his "weight loss journey"?

1696981250287.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The whole DVC thing seems like it can be very worthwhile for a person (or family) who takes the time to evaluate their travel habits, works through the math, and understands what they're getting into.
You just mastered, in that single sentence, 99% of the secret to buying and using DVC.

I don’t buy the social anxiety claim either. If he truly does have social anxiety, why does he attend mass gatherings such as baseball games, amusement parks, airports/planes, conventions, etc.? Hate to say but he brought it upon himself to be rude/off-putting to fans in-person and being an a-hole in his YouTube comment responses.

Speaking of, I imagine he gave a death stare to the Starbucks employee who called him “Adal” and rudely corrected the employee “It’s Adam, not Adal.” 😜

IMG_3703.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This latest vlog proves he reads here. Also I don’t want to hear about stress. His life is pure luck. He gets to travel and go to theme parks. He could have bought a house outright in Tennessee for the amount he has spent on DVC. He does not know the first thing about real stress since he left retail. He is so out of touch like most vloggers are.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He certainly did not exhibit much social anxiety when he knocked on the door of a private residence and asked to film the kitchen. Because Cousin Eddie.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He certainly did not exhibit much social anxiety when he knocked on the door of a private residence and asked to film the kitchen. Because Cousin Eddie.
That is , because his arrogance is 1000x stronger than his anxiety 🤣

Reactions: 13
Rays lost because Adam was not there for them. Clipped

• Haha
I noticed him getting frustrated on the Hawaii trip. He was sitting by the pool with his mother. Some lady kept joining in on their conversation, talking about watching Adam etc etc. She kept it up and he was clearly distressed.

I noticed him getting frustrated on the Hawaii trip. He was sitting by the pool with his mother. Some lady kept joining in on their conversation, talking about watching Adam etc etc. She kept it up and he was clearly distressed.
Yeah his body language in that clip is very telling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.